Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Staci

Quality and cost were my two main priorities when I was looking for a college. I chose a college that is close to home and reasonably priced for the education I have received. I also looked for what type of class sizes my college offered. I believe it is hard for students to learn in a class with 200 people in it. Small class sizes are defiantely a good thing when it comes to academic success. School is a place to learn not only in the classroom but also what kind of person you are. The world is full of people who are different from you and I, and finding a school that offers diversity is very important so that students can get first hand experience with people who are different than them. College is place where you discover yourself so come discover Colorado State University in Pueblo, Colorado. It is place where big dreams become reality and friends are made for a lifetime.

Everybody should attend this school because we are very accepting of all different kinds of people.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is hard to make friends if you live off campus and commute.

Amy

CSU-Pueblo is a smaller university with a big campus feel. While our class sizes are small, there is still a large sense of pride and excitement.

No such 'groups' dominate CSU-Pueblo. There is a gigantic variety of groups on campus. No matter what your interest is, it is a for sure thing that you will find people to relate to. A lot of students are from the Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Denver area.

Our University is affordable, convenient and fun.

The stereotypes of CSU-Pueblo being a commuter school is NOT accurate. While we do have a number of commuteres, we have an equally large base of on campus students. This year our enrollement increased so much that the university has built a new residence hall, with two more following in the Fall of '10.

Because the teacher to student ratio is 1 to 18, professors know students' names and are always available out side of class. Teachers are easy to work with and departments are are always willing to help. In my major of english, class discussion is thick and study groups are common. With the Teacher Education program, you get hands on experience from the moment you begin your first education class. Field experience hours that are required really help you get a grasp on the teaching environment.

Our Office of Student Activities does a great job at providing a nice range of entertainment for students. From comedians, musicians, discussions, laser tag, clinics to movie nights, ski/snowboard trips, fishing trips and Wolf Idol our campus is busing with events. Sporting events are becoming more popular with our brand new student recreation center, gymnasium(Massari Arena) and football staduim.

Some people associate CSU-Pueblo with being a commuter school.

Shealynn

My school has a lot of of outdoor school sponsored activities . We have small and large class sizes. The campus and town are easy to get around. We also have many accredited programs.

The small and large class sizes because you have the opportunity to meet lots of people but also get that extra attention you may need from your professors.

Azalia

Parents and/or students need to know that finding the right college will take deep consideration of the opportunities that the college offers as well as the way in which it fits their personal learning style. For example, I knew that going to a college with large class sizes would not enable me to be comfortable in asking questions and would not allow me to develop a professional relationship with the professors. Therefore, I knew from then that a smaller university was where I needed to begin my search. As far as making the most of the college experience, students need to stay informed by reading and keeping up with various campus resources (i.e. website, newspapers, bulletin boards, etc.). Another great avenue to get the most from college is to join clubs and/or committees. Such groups not only allow the student access to campus activities, but also enable one to develop a great network of friends.

The worst thing about my school is that administrative departments (i.e. financial aid, cashiers office, etc.) give you less respect than if you were not a student at all.

I get the most frustrated with how long it takes for financial aid to get dispersed.

Krista

athletics and non traditional students, its a small town that charishes sports and allows everyone to be able to get a great education.

I would recommend visiting every college you are interested in attending and even ones you are not interested in. You may never know about that one college you did not check out before you except the first exceptence letter you recieved. Leave your mind open to anything.

no wireless internet access through out the campus its only accessed in a few buildings at the school.

Sammy-Jo

CSU-Pueblo is best known for having a smaller campus than most universities. They are known for the friendly campus .

The best advice I have to students finding a new college is to pick the college that feels right. Not the one all of your friends want to go to, not the one your parents want you to go to, but the one that fits you. If you do not feel like the college is right for you, more than likely it is not and you will have a hard time enjoying college and doing well.

The best thing at CSU-Pueblo is the upbeat feeling on campus. Also the small classrooms are amazing! Professors know you by name and help you to succeed in your class. They realize when you are struggling and they talk to you about it. Your professors are real people, and talk to you like real people, not just like a student. They realize you have a life outside of the classroom, but help to make you focus on your priorities.

Andrew

For students, figure out what you want to do before you go to college. Plans may change, but this will help you find a college that isn't based on aesthetics. Don't go to colleges because you're liberal, conservative or because you want to become either. Consider your interests and how the campus can satisfy your needs. Some institutions provide opportunities that give you a sense of fulfillment as well as something to put on a resume, and those institutions may not be nationally recognized. Make sure your decision is made with two things in mind: your comfort future. Finding the right college can be easy if you don't consider reputation. For parents, don't support any particular college before your son or daughter decides. Your opinion can sway your child to choose to attend a school that may not fit him or her. Allow your child to decide where to go before you put in your opinion to assure that your student's decision is solely their own. It may or may not be your money going towards the education, but there can be a middle ground between your expectations and the student's personal aspirations.

I wish I would have known more about elementary mathematics, I came from a district where math had a weak curriculum and that set me back a little in my semesters. Since I tutor writing/English, I see a lot of students with the same problem I had with math in English, so be sure to get the general education requirements taken care of quickly and early.

I feel the worst thing about my school is the sudden pursuit of legitimizing itself. Someone had to do it, I suppose, and our new president is making strides in elevating our image, but it's happening very quickly and is a bit of a hinderance as there is a large renovation project going on all over campus and we started a football program again. Funding could have gone to those things a long time ago. At least it's finally happening, but it's all happening at once so it's causing some problems.

Shae

Our school is best known for our business program. We have one of the best business programs in the state and is acredited by AACSB International. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business is to promote higher education in business. Even before I attended school here I knew about the wonderful business program they had here because CSU-P's business program was always involved with my DECA class that I had a major part of while attending high school.

If there any advice I can give to parents or students it is to start your search for the right university early. During the junior year I would start looking at colleges you are considering. Most importantly when searching for a college make sure they have programs that will benefit you and fit your career plans. Once accepted into a college and accepting their offer make sure you get to know the faculty and your advisors, after all they are your key to success! In order to make the most out of your experience it is smart to meet new people who can help you in classes, help you get into clubs and programs, and most importantly never lose focus on your goals, dreams, and aspirations. Every indiviual is unique so this may not be what will fulfill every students need to feel that their college experience was the best but this is what has worked for me.

At my school I consider it to be perfect in many ways like the class sizes, the campus size, and the pofessors here. Not many students can say taht everything is great at their school but I can the class sizes are never the same some are tiny and some have over one hundred and fifty students but I enjoy the diversity of every class in the different environments. The campus itself is just right and the professors are professional, caring and enthusiastic about what they do for a living.

Joseph

Ask current students what they think of the college. They know the best about the college and will most likley give a non-baised view. Visit the colleges and compare what they have to offer. Take care of the financial aid situation before the start of the semester. There are way to many students that are freaked out when they find out the owe the school $4,000 because their financial aid didn't go through. Do not pick a college based on where friends are going. Statistically, students do not keep their same friends in college. Find a college that is involved with students!

The high acceptance level. There are a lot of students here who do not deserve to be in college and only want to party. They come to the school as freshmen, fail and don't come back.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.