Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

nicole

The choice to go to college is the smartest idea one can make for their future, however the college experience can either make or break the desire to finish with a much needed degree. There are literally thousands of stresses that batter the mind of a high school senior about where to continue their education, how they are going to pay for it, will they meet new friends, are classes hard and of course will I be prepared to be successful in the world ahead. To prepare for college the financial situation (how is school going to be paid for) should be addressed first and foremost. Lots of stress can occur when a student finds themself needing a certain book, not having money for food or activities with friends, needing certain lab equipment or even worrying about the final bill at the end of each semester. Making sure your financial needs will be met with either financial aid or the availability of a job should be the main focus. I soley believe anyone can be successful with a degree from any college/university, I just don't want to be paying for it the first few years of my career.

I wish I would have known that the financial aid that I was receiving and the job that I am working while living at home, still do not cover all the expenses I need to cover.

I generally brag about the mass communications department. I have seen a great deal of successful people come from that department.

Lindsey

Recently it is for the football team and the millionares around town that fund them.

I wish I had spent more time looking for the right school for me: researching online, taking campus tours, etc. I think that I chose my school out of convenience rather than the best fit, which has worked out ok, but I feel like I missed out on a lot.

That there is little to no campus life; it is such a commuter school. It's not as bad as I thought it would be though. The academics are really challenging (well, in my major anyway).

Julie

We currently just got our football program back after 40 years, I believe it was. That is the newest popularity of our school, But we have one of the best automotive programs in the state and I am currently about to be enrolled in the nursing program, we have a very good nursing program as well.

Some advice that I would give students about finding the right college and making the most of their college experience is to find a field that they are passionate about. The school you choose, where ever you will go will be an experience. Hopefully a good one. Be passionate for something, whether it being art, teaching, or even microbiology, make the best of the facilities at the college, join a club, expand your horizons. Ideas have consequences whether they are good or bad consequences. Take something from every idea that you have, every experience you are in. Reach out and touch others' lives, everyone you meet will in some way touch your heart, allow it to. What is the "right" college? that is something for you to decide. What are you passionate about? Go where your passion abounds in that college. One final piece of advice I could give for making the most out of your college experience is don't just talk to people, listen, not just hear, listen. go CSUP!

Amy

Pick a school size that fits with the students own personal style. If they prefer smaller classes and they go to a large university, they may feel insignificant and detached from the school. Find a school that also coincides with the students own personal social style. A school that is known for partying will not work for a student who is dedicated to their studies. Finally, pick a school that is known for the particular department that the student is hoping to major in. When the faculty is well educated and passionate about their work, then the student will ultimately find their own passion and make the most of the years they are there.

The campus is small but just big enough to allow people to meet every one. The class sizes also allow students to meet other students and gain those friendships and others to study with, and it also allows students to get to know their professors, which ultimately helps them later in their college years.

They are currently still building our new dorms, therefore most of us are living in hotels since they did not have enough rooms for all of us living on campus.

Adina

Be sure to do your research before you choose your school. This research includes personal and educational research. I wish I would have known myself more before I chose the first university to attend. Make sure the major you've chosen is the one you will stick with for four years. APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! Talk to your professors; they have the power to help you get into some amazing programs and opportunities.

A person that enjoys a smaller town, a smaller school, and a smaller number of students in each class. There are a lot of farmers and agricultural students that attend this school.

I wish it wasn't located in the suburbs. I wish it were closer to the city and had more apartments for students to choose from.

Victoria

Either helpful or not. Generally helpful to some extent.

Either helpful or not. Generally helpful to some extent.

Its not all about binge drinking and partying. Find a smaller campus, with small class sizes. There is more one on one interaction with the professors, they know your name most of the time. Your not just a number to them. It makes things so much easier. And its generally less expensive too. Expensive schools aren't everything. You can get the same education just about any where.

Jacob

An incoming freshman should not chose a school based off personal relationships, nightlife, or architectural design. Make a list of the five most important things that you want out of your college and find the closest match while considering cost and reputation. Above all, remember that you are enrolling in college to learn and earn a degree.

I wish I had known when the new facilities were due to open.

I am sometimes frustratefrusrated with the meal, tutoring, and pool hours of operation. In college sports, it is difficult to keep a flexible schedule.

Tyler

Mostly Non-traditional and commuter students that are over 30 years old.

Mostly Non-traditional and commuter students that are over 30 years old.

Do some looking around before you commit to just any old school. I think my college experience would be far greater if I had taken the time to find a school that would better fit me.

The faculty is not very accepting of any fraternity/sorority events.

James

My classmates are friendly, optimistic and willing to learn.

My classmates are friendly, optimistic and willing to learn.

Visit them, and experience the college for yourself. Don't go to a college just because you were accepted by it.

Someone who is open minded, definitely. While CSU-Pueblo is not the most visually pleasing school in the nation, I believe it is a very unique school and one would just have to give it a shot. CSU-P brings this quote to mind, "Don't judge a book by its cover".

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.