Community College of Allegheny County Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Community College of Allegheny County

Erika

The Community College of Allegheny County is a great opportunity for kids coming straight from high school and are unsure of what they will want to do in the future. Tuition is inexpensive. It's a cost-efficient way to take general education courses before transferring to another college/university. The college also has articulation agreements with dozens of nearby schools, which is a bonus for students. They are able to map out credits to take at CCAC that are guaranteed to transfer to the institution in which they wish to attend after the first two years at community. It makes life easy and transferring a smooth, hassle-free process. This school offers many clubs and organizations to join and they perform community service activities on the regular to better the surrounding communities.

Gerad

The Community College of Allegheny County is a phenomenal first stepping stone for anyone looking to further their education. From the incredible instructors in the classroom to the diverse and respectful student body, it offers a true college experience. It allows most community members to attend due to the affordable low cost and high quality education. With many extracurricular activities, sports teams, and volunteer opportunities, it shows that this community college does more than just provide an education for the student. It also provides a push in the right direction for one's future endeavors and success. Overall, the Community College of Allegheny County has done more than get me to the next level of my schooling, it has given me a sturdy foundation and love for education that I wouldn't be able to receive anywhere else.

Doreen

Its good place to start before going to a 4 year school. Good price for education and can help people test if they really wan to be in school. Some teachers can be really nice and helpful. They have the learning commons which was the place that I stayed in all the time my first seamster because I wanted help with work. They also try to offer tutoring in every subject.

Brianna

It is an easy college, and I enjoy my classes. I like all of the professors I have had and they want everyone to succeed. It is a great way to save money and to step your foot into college. The problems I have with this college is that it is very similar to high school and the classrooms are very small.

Briana

Honestly I really did like CCAC. It was a new experience for me and overall it was a good one. The professors were very helpful and there when I needed it. My class sizes were nice. My largest class was about 15 people during both of semesters there. I really got to know my classmates and professors well. I am glad I got a chance to experience this college.

hta

its a great school with a wonderful teachers. I learn so much because there is not that much student in the classrooms compared to other universities. I have more opportunities to ask the professors for help and they always offer me for help after class or before class start.

Rebecca

I am very happy that I go to CCAC. It overall has helped me tremendously, I have met a lot of great people and teachers. I also found my passion for accounting thanks to one class my first semester. It definitely helps people figure out what they want to do major- or career-wise if they aren't sure.

Autumn

The tuition is affordable and institution provides the field that I am interested in pursuing. I have met at least one of the professors that will be learning from. The professor was knowledgeable about the current employment opportunities are or will be available. I was impressed with the schools clubs and organization that they offer such as art club gaming society, and woman on a mission. The school is also expanding for more space for classes as well as student hang out areas. Overall I like the school and I think it has many opportunities for people who are returning to school or undergraduate students.

jennifer

I had the best experience of my life at this college. It provided with stimulating coursework from professors who were exceptional, gave me loads of support, purpose and fulfillment. It also enabled me to be on the student newspaper which gave me a chance to be published more than once. I got to experience student leadership by being on the ethics board and I had the best time and im sad to be transferring soon!

felicity

Overall, Community College of Allegheny (CCAC) is an average school. Every institution has its flaws, and CCAC is no exception. One of its larger flaws is information availability. Many times, I would have to ask several departments before I received answers to simple questions. I would appreciate an easier way to find information. Another area that CCAC could improve is its student support. At times, it feels like the staff aren't invested in the students' success. I felt as if I shouldn't bother people with my questions. Even with its problems, CCAC is a decent school. There are some professors who truly care for the students. The school's greatest strength is its accessibility. The prices are reasonable, the application process is simple, and they have multiple location. Community College of Allegheny County is an excellent option if you are looking for some inexpensive credits or an Associate's degree.

Lily

The Community College of Allegheny County is an excellent school where many of the teachers are eager to help their students learn, and make understanding new concepts and ideas enjoyable. They are helpful and frequently engage in class discussions. The other students on campus are friendly, though they may sometimes be wary of strangers, which is understandable. The staff is helpful and cheerful, and are entirely willing to go out of their way in order to help students accomplish the things they hope to accomplish. While it is occasionally, I have received personal communication with the dean himself, welcoming me to the school upon my acceptance.

Marissa

Community College of Allegheny County is extremely safe there is plenty of security guards always around. The class sizes are just right with no more than 30 people per class. The professors are very smart, most of them graduating from big colleges such as carlow or pitt.

ANTHONY

Community College of Allegheny County is a great starting step to the work place and life. I would say go here first and then go to a big school with what you learn and be ahead of the game to your peers with the info on how to study and work wile at school.

Rebekah

There are many classes available at the many campuses of CCAC. The counsel staff are friendly and extremely helpful. There are many student organizations as well as sport teams. It's a great way to save money if you plan on heading to a big college. I highly recommend taking Gen. Ed. courses here. And the college has transfer agreements with several colleges and universities.

elijah

It was very cheap and affordable. I did not like the drive and I thought the food was over priced. I couldn't wait to get out of their but it was worth it and I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't know what they want to do with school. I thought the classes were easy and helped me get to wear I needed to be.

Alexa

I ventured into the Community College of Allegheny County immediately after high school. I felt it was an intelligent move for myself due to the fact that I was undecided and needed more time to take classes, review my options in life, and make a major decision that could impact my life for years to come. I feel as if the Community College of Allegheny County is a great option for students who are undecided and also, for students who have decided but want to be cost effective in regards to their college education. The Community College of Allegheny County is a wonderful way to get in general education classes for half of the cost that it is to attend a 4 year college. However, the Community College of Allegheny County does not appear to be active in helping and guiding students to find a pathway, they are more so there to schedule your classes and provide the resources to complete your classes. It is not an extravagant process, but at the end of the two years, the amount of money saved will inevitably be worth it long term.

Brooke

This is a great launch pad to kickstart your education. If you do not no where to start, CCAC is the place to be. I came in as a flustered first year and finished my freshman year with a career choice, the next step, and they even brought me to this website! The classes are small giving each student an equal chance to learn, ask questions, and get involved. This college is not only great for transfer students but even older students who missed their college chance or want to go back for more! Overall, I give my years at CCAC a 10/10 judging on the price, education, help from staff, and the environment itself.

Steven

Community College of Allegheny County is wonderful institution for students who need the extra push into learning about everyday life outside the classroom. CCAC offers superior supportive service operations, great classroom size ratio (students:teachers) being 19:1, and well rounded educators who support their student's ability to the max. Although the lacks a creative department for student organizations at certain campuses and any culture, they do provide students that are struggling financially with a local food pantry as well as organizations for parents who commute on campus. Overall, CCAC provides local service that creates a diverse community in and around the Western Pennsylvania region.

Colton James

Wisps of smoke rise from the distance, the halls smell of brimstone and ash. Specters haunt the hallways and call themselves students. A single step from the door and you are ankle deep in the dreams of business owners that have since moved from the graveyard that is the mall. It is true that the larger CCAC campuses near Pittsburgh are beautiful and full of life, however the campus in Washington is located in a desolate, dying mall and filled with students who are almost as dreary as their surroundings. While there is the occasional student/teacher organized BBQ or theme party, none of the students bother to show up aside from those who organized the event and their close friends. There is no camaraderie between classmates since they simply attend their classes and drive home. The education is the best feature of the school but does not compare to the greater campuses. Overall it is a fine institution of learning and that is it. You attend the campus to learn, it is not a destination for anyone looking for anything more.

Scott

I go to the south campus. It's in a good location and feels very safe. As someone who goes there part time, it's very laid back and most people seem like they really want to learn. Most professors are pretty good teachers too. Most students aren't really outgoing or all that social towards people they don't know, but I feel that's normal in the times we live in

Yasmine

I feel like it’s calm and collected, I go to get my work done, and I study at the library and go home. I can study and join with other classmates and just relax and have a good time. They have some fundraising between different clubs. They also have pep-rallies supporting their sports teams. They also have different times where they have trips to different locations. My friend and I had went to Seven Springs, and I was really fun!

CCAC is a good value for students wishing to earn an Associates with intent to transfer it to a state university. They offer flexible tracks with weekend, evening, and online classes - in fact, I am earning my entire degree through them online (praise be Blackboard). For a value school, they utilize technology well to support your educational experience. Furthermore, thanks to PA's TRAC articulation system, most state schools accept credits from this institution.

Eden

It is a very good school to go to if you do not want to attend a 4 year college right away. The teachers are very caring and there for you and the students are very friendly. A good chunk of my friends either have or are currently attending CCAC. Classes are very cheap, which helps when you desperately need an education. I would always recommend going to CCAC first before attending a four year college and in the end, you end up having a good time. It makes me very sad that I have to leave to attend a 4 year college.

Shaelyn

Nikolai

Community College of Allegheny County or CCAC for short, provides students with an overall great experience. I believe I get a good education at CCAC. CCAC also really works with your schedule, whether you are working full time, or maybe have kids you are able to have schedule your classes at almost any point of the day which is very convenient! Walking on campus I feel very safe and the professors care about the students, wanting to see us students succeed!

Katelynn

Community College of Allegheny County has been a great starting point. It was affordable and i was able to take over 60 credits that will transfer to my next college of choice. I loved that it had many online classes which fit my life style and the teachers were available during and after class.

Kimberly

I did online courses, but overall I would say I had a good experience. There were some instances where I was unhappy, but you will get that anywhere. Sometimes the advisors seemed like you were interrupting them. I also have had fantastic advisors. I think if they allowed you to keep the same advisor it would be much better, rather than just sending you to whoever is available.

India

I think the academics are good but there is not a lot of extracurricular activities and resources. There should also be more scholarship opportunities.

I have learned so much. There is more than enough space to sit down and study or socialize. Students and faculty are the nicest people I have met! I Highly recommend going here if you are unsure of what you are going to do. The staff has really opened my eyes to what i would like to do in my future.

Emilianne

I believe that a community college, such as this one, provides many extra opportunities for experimenting and gaining new skill sets. This community college is perfect for any new student looking to explore their career options and/or transfer general class credits to another university or school. I specifically go to school for Nursing, and recommend attending this campus to receive an undergraduate degree in nursing. The program is affordable for residents and non- residents of Allegheny County and it is highly praised by employers. It is not a campus that includes housing or specializes in providing gourmet meals for students but it does provide modes of transportation, several locations scattered throughout the county for convenience and a lot of community involvement opportunities.

Dontae

I feel like CCAC is a great place to start your goals and a cheap way too. The staff is very helpful and I feel like it is very diverse. It's strict to a point that you feel safe and no babied at the same time. The food is good and if you don't like the food there's near by restaurants and there's also a few clothing stores. I would recommend CCAC to anyone looking for a fresh start.