Concordia University-Texas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia University-Texas

Concordia University Texas is a great place to study and meet interesting people. Students work hard, class sizes are small, and the campus is on a beautiful nature preserve. Athletics collegiate and intramural are a big deal among students and there are many class outings. It's a great school for personalized learning and in a great Austin area.

Adrianna

Small classes allow you to really thrive and professors are always there to help if needed. The campus is clean and easy to get around. Moat people are friendly and you can make friends easily. Professors truly care about your wellbeing and grades if they see you struggling they pull you aside and ask questions. Tutors are available for all majors and you do not have to pay extra money for them! Concordia makes them readily available for all levels in majors. Some majors even have professional tutors.

jacqueline

Concordia University is a safe place to attend college if you are/aren't Lutheran, I personally was able to strengthen my relationship with God and create relationships with students and professors that I don't think can be achieved at a huge university. Professors really try and get to know all their students and are always available. The faculty is very helpful and even though we are a smaller university we have culture and getting involved or starting a new club is easy. There is something for everyone from mission trips to SGLA getting involved on campus and in your faith has made its mark at Concordia University - Texas. CTX is one of the rare universities in the U.S. that sits on a nature preserve, which allows us to appreciate and be surrounded by nature.

Christine

Love the safe feel. Teachers care and are available. Classes are challenging and prepare me for the real world. The campus is absolutely beautiful! Since the college is small, I have instant friends when I meet someone outside of the school and we discover we're both from CTX. I'm so glad I chose Concordia!

Esperanza

Concordia is a small Lutheran University, but is very open to anyone and everyone is welcome. It's a very tight nit community and has a good amount of different activities and student organizations to get involved in. It can sometimes feel like high school, but I believe that could happen at any small school. Concordia or, as we like to call it, CTX is a beautiful campus with a unique layout, found on a nature preserve, small classrooms, and overall great community with reliable teachers. It's definitely great for those who would like a small university.

I love the school! The one thing that I love the most is the campus size, It isn't too big and It isn't to small. Everyone is super friendly and nice, there is not one person on this that I have not seen before. The Professors that I've had so far are the best. I just love being on he campus and being able to interact with my professors

Truc

Overall, I feel welcomed at Concordia University-Texas, and professors at the school are ready to teach and explain information to students. Everyone including staffs and students are friendly and helpful. Also, there is a diverse community on campus.

Briahna

This is an amazing university. I decided to attend because of the strong Christian community, and I am staying because of so much more I have found. The Christian community is unique for our area. We have chapel every day, student lead worship every week, and there are several regular Bible studies. The professors are open about their faith and are always up for a good conversation, be it academic, religious, or personal. To me, it feels like I have found a second family. If you're not religious, that's okay. You will not be shunned or discriminated against for having different beliefs, and you will be able to find a group of people that can become a part of your support network. The university is also very progressive. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and do more for others. There are always volunteer opportunities on and off campus, and during my freshman year we began working on becoming more environmentally friendly. The university is in charge of a nature preserve right behind campus, so we are very aware of the importance of taking care of the environment. In the next few years we will make the list of one of the greenest schools in the country!

There's a lack of diversity of people and things to do. Yes you see some race but the schools primarily white. There's a lack of diversity within that race. They are all so similar and preppy. The classes are a great size and environment to learn in but the school does nothing to help you financially and when you receive aide they make it difficult to keep it.

Caitlin

I love it here! The campus is small and there are only a couple thousand students, but I came from a very small high school so it made the change easy to adjust to. The professors are very interactive with the students, and they are almost always available (or at least easy to get in touch with). Almost all of the classes are very engaging and go into great detail on the subject. The university also does its best to get you involved in your area of study, and gives you opportunities to meet with professionals in your field!

Rhyanna

Concordia has an amazing sense of community: so many kind faces and attitudes (in Students and Teachers). It is my home away from home. Overall great university, wonderful people, and sits on a big Nature Preserve. Aside from the gorgeous sights of the campus. The campus is also smaller than most - it really helps so that way the professors can give each student their undivided attention that they may need.

Concordia is such a lovely university, there are so many genuinely nice and welcoming people who attend. The professors really do care about your well being and want you to succeed. The classroom sizes are very small which allows for a lot of one on one conversations with the professors during discussions. There are always a ton of great and exciting activities going on around campus. There is a lot of influence to be involved on campus and to really make it feel like a home for yourself. The campus is gorgeous and we are very connected to nature. Religion is a very big aspect of this university but it is not forced upon anyone. If you want to feel like you matter in college, this is the school for you. You do not feel like just a number here.

Zoe

The chemistry program is kind of new so even though I've been attending for 1 year now, I still don't have a degree plan. The school is trying really hard to get their name out there and bring in more students but honestly it's a big confused mess. I love the environment, most of my professors, and working on campus; I definitely feel here home. Sadly, it's a ridiculously expensive school but they offer decent merit scholarships.

chandlyr

I love the campus, and the dorms (there's only one co-ed dormitory, which is on campus) are pretty large (compared to others). The professors are very encouraging and caring to the students. I would recommend this school to someone who is not interested in getting lost in the crowd, and set on getting the best they can from their journey to a diploma.

Jake

I have not gone there yet, but it seems to be a pretty good college. At least what I have heard, there have been no drugs/alcohol scenes at CTX. Concordia University Texas (CTX) is a very safe, Christian atmosphere where students are there to learn about their majors and be prepared to apply the things students have learned at Concordia University Texas to the world, and to the rest of their lives. It is a job-preparatory school that requires lots of studying and lots of coursework throughout the year. Rating: 100/100 A+

Jordan

Concordia University is in the great state of Texas and in a great city here in Austin. Concordia is in a pretty good location with stores and malls near by even University of Texas is close . These are some great perks, but there are some things that could be better. Like the cafe food its not the best at all I eat out a lot cause of it. The other thing I don't really like is it gets pretty boring on campus other than that its a ok school.

Georgia

Awesome! Outstanding professors! Beautiful campus! The atmosphere is incredible for learning and for intellectual conversation. The scenic Hill country of Austin Texas provides a panoramic backdrop for nature and meditation. The professors are always available either in office, email, or by phone to provide assistance to all students.

Nathan

Very unorganized staff. Absolute worst experience of my life...so far. Admin is awful. Last minute information is the only consistent. How are they successful? Because they rip students off for thousands of dollars. Absolutely horrible experience. I started applying well before the summer start session 2017 with the intention of starting in the summer. My advisor must have been new. I was told to send transcripts to an address provided by him, directly to him. They were returned to me. He told me not to worry about it, they transcripts have to be requested for and received internally anyways. So two months go by, and he tells me I need to send transcripts, where are they? I send out all appropriate requests for transcripts again, including one's I had already paid to have sent over. I followed up with the advisor to see if he ever access the weblink with the code from the university to access the transcripts. Go figure, he never did. The code expired. I had to pay again to have transcripts sent. That was just one university. The other one, he also never accessed, and finally did because I called and reached out to another advisor. I did not get to start until Fall semester 2017....the process took too long and I missed both summer sessions. These issues are just the tip of the iceberg, I am not going to write about all of them. Other issues: -Credits not transferring; and upon starting the class again, it has the same topics of interest and even uses the same third party lab program -Required materials listed by the professor was a 50 dollar box of laminated plastic pieces of paper of the periodic table of elements. -about 600 dollars in fees, not disclosed in the tuition and fees, related to books and online access to third party programs that do the teaching, not the professors. The biggest issue is as follows. If you google Concordia University, it shows up in Arlington, Texas. I now know it is located in Austin, so I call to ask about the BSN program. The advisor I talked to knew that I lived in Arlington, and that I wanted to take the BSN program online, because it was understood by me that there were clinical locations "in my area", that were partnered with Concordia. NEVER ONCE DID HE TELL ME that I WOULD HAVE TO MOVE TO AUSTIN FOR CLINICALS. HE NEVER ASKED IF I INTENDED TO MOVE TO AUSTIN. INSTEAD HE ASSUMED> and now, I am accepted to a University that is 3 hours away from me, because this advisor did not do his job and ask me if I was to be moving to make sure I understood clinical were in fact NOT IN MY AREA, but in HIS AREA....Seriously... When you don't care about your job, you affect other people's lives. If your performance directly impacts another person, and you don't care or do your job appropriately and enthusiastically, you don't need to be in a customer service role. The worst part is, they never owned up to their MISTAKES. They said they apologized and are not responsible for my perceptions. There is one advisor that I worked with who was wonderful to me, correcting many of the issues and speeding things up where the other one lacked. I truly am thankful for her assistance.

Mary

Overall, Concordia University-Texas is a great school. There is an awesome community of students and the professors are always attentive and willing to work with you. The curriculum is challenging, yet engaging. There could be more school events and school pride among students.