Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Kodi

Cornerstone is best known for its Christian atmoshpere and building an influential life that matters to an indivudal and a community. Cornerstone takes pride is academics along with volunteering and other aspects of career enhancement. Everyone knows Cornerstone by their slogan of building a life that matters and they truly create students and young adults that influence the world in amazing ways and really do build lives that matter.

If I could go back in life and tell my high-school senior self a few things, I would probably laugh at myself and tell my senior-self to take a deep breath. I was worried about being an outcast in college, not making friends, having too much to worry about, and not being able to get everything done I needed to. I was worried then about teachers telling me everything was on me and my life depended on only myself. I would tell my senior-self to take a deep breath and relax because college is not something to be too excited about but its not something to freak out about. College is important and amazing, but it is only a few years of your life and these few years will not kill you. I don't drink or do drugs and I was worried I would be ridiculed, but I would tell myself back then not to worry because being an individual in college is perfectly fine. I'm comfortable making my own choices and being independent. I would tell myself that everything will be okay, because in the end it all will be.

Someone who is interested in helping others should attend this school. Each class is centered around helping the community and the global world around you, along with creating a better world for yourself and your loved ones. This school is full of caring professors and helpful students who are willing to go above and beyond for those who deserve it. Anyone interested in making a difference in their lives and the lives of others while creating a fabulous education should attend Cornerstone.

Martin

Dear Martin, I’m writing you from my second semester of college, it’s not half bad so far. Allison is still with us and the anniversary is coming up soon. You aren’t going to be seeing many of your old friends though; maybe you’ll see them in passing, but all of us are busy trying to make a place for ourselves and pave our own paths. Your first semester is going to go fantastically, you’ll land an awesome internship with a strength coach and the work load of college is way more manageable than high school. Just remember what Dad always says in his stern Spanish accent, “Do not worry about anything but yourself, school, family, and Allison.” Keep your head up and remember to stay focused. With all my love, Martin

Nicholas

I would tell myself to take as many Advanced Placement (AP) courses as possible. These classes would have not only prepared me for college level courses, but they would have also given me the opportunity to receive college credits. I would also tell myself to be more outgoing. If someone is more outgoing, they will be able to make more friends. When you are going to a new place where you do not know anybody, it is important to be outgoing and make as many new friends as possible. Another piece of advice that I would give myself would be to try out multiple different studying strategies. If someone tries out many different studying strategies, they would be able to find out which strategy would be most effective for learning large amounts of material in a small amount of time. I would also tell myself to make sure that I became a good writer. This is because a large amount of assignments in college are papers. The final piece of advice would be to make the most of the time left with my current friends because you do not know the next time you will see them.

The best thing about Cornerstone is that everyone is kind and accepting of all kinds people. I did not have any friends that came to Cornerstone with me from my high school and so I did not know what to accept. The first day on campus, everyone I passed on the sidewalk was friendly and said "hi" and introduced themselves to me. Because of this friendly atmosphere, I have made many friends and will continue to make more friends every day.

The most frustrating thing about Cornerstone is that there are a lot of people that do not have much school spirit. I love going to sporting events and different events around campus and showing my school spirit. However, there are not many others like that. There is a large amount of students that would rather stay in their dorms and spend time with their friends instead of supporting their institution with their friends.

Caitlin

It is a small school, and the professors truely care about your growth in your education and in your spirituality.

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself that college is going to be hard. I would say that even when all your friends are hanging out and partying you are going to need to study, and you’re going to have to be okay with that. I would also say that you’re going to need to be self-sufficient, your mom isn’t going to be there for you to make you chicken noodle soup when you have a cold. I would tell myself to talk to, and introduce myself to people, because the transition is easier with friends. Lastly, I would tell myself not to be nervous, to brace myself, and to enjoy the rollercoaster.

Allison

She sits on her bed surrounded by aqua walls, blankets wrapped around her, writing poetry- the only way she knows how to deal with the pain. It is her last year at home before she will go to school almost a thousand miles away. This school is her dream, but how can she leave her family? I breathe out, and her eyes flicker toward me and widen as she sees herself two years older. I put my arm around her, and her pen stops. “Can I do it?” she whispers. “Yes. And you will love it. You will get homesick and long for home. You will sometimes want to give up. You will have hard classes and a professor who will think you are too young for her class. You will be lonely. You will watch friends go through so much sorrow, and will see some leave. You will go three long months without coming home.” I smile. “But you will thrive at school. You will make wonderful friends. You will learn more of the craft of writing. It will become another home. So keep dreaming. Keep writing. And know you can do anything.”

It is a Christ centered school where you will make friends for life.

Cornerstone seems to have a problem with communication.

Charity

If I were to give my highschool self advice, this is what I would say. "College is not going to be anything like you expect it to be. It is harder than you think, but at the same time will give you more satisfaction than you expect. You will experience some of the hardest things you have ever experienced. But, those very same things will help you to grow and become the woman that God wants you to be. Every seeming step backward is actually a step forward. Don't get discouraged. Just use you inborn determination and push through your struggles. Life will seem harder than you can handle, but you have a God that is greater than everything that you will face. Lean on Him and you will make it through everything that life will send at you. Last, remember to have fun and be yourself. Don't worry about not making friends because you are about to meet some of the best friends that you will ever have. College is tough, but you are tougher. Remember that and you will be fine."

I think the worst thing about the school is that my academic advisor has not been that great about helping me to find internships.

I think that any person that is completely against Christianity and doesn't like any rules should not go to this school.

Camitri

Compared to most young adults my age, I would have to say that I am very pleased with how my college career (and career in general) has turned out. However, no matter how well you do as a person, we are all flawed and sometimes wish we could do things differently. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would start by telling myself "live up to your potiential". I feel that that would be my very important piece of advice. I know what I am capable of, but I don't always apply myself the way I should. Keeping your eyes on the prize is the most important thing you can do when trying to achieve your goals! Real friends and relationships will still be there after you reach your goals.

Shalayna

The ability to go back in time and tell myself what I know now has always been something that I've dreamed of. When I was a senior in high school I took easy classes and tried to just slide by. I thought that it was my time to relax and take it easy, I had tried my best for three years straight, now was my time. Since I have been in college for only one semeseter, I've realized that "taking it easy" my senior year in high school did absolutley nothing for me. I did not take any challenging classes or even classes that really made me think. When I was a senior all I wanted was to graduate. College life has changed that perspective dramatically. If I would have taken more challenging classes my senior I feel as if I would have been more prepared for the college life. Our brains need that contiunal learning process to keep us on our toes. Heading into college that first day I felt behind imediately. If I could talk myself through my senior year, knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to not take the easy way out.

I believe the type of person that should attend Cornerstone University is someone who is honest and passionate about what they believe in. At Cornerstone we are all believers who are coming together to worship and follow our Savior Jesus Christ. Someone who is attending Cornerstone should believe that Jesus came to this Earth and died for each and every one of our sins, that God is a loving God but he is also a just God, and they should also believe that the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

As a student attendig Cornerstone University the most frustrating thing is at the through out the day we learn so much about the field of study we are going into but we are aslo learning so much about God and Jesus Christ. When these two fields of interest get compiled into our brains all in one day it sometimes seems impossible to comprehend all the material at one time. Having such an astounding environment helps tremendously to balance the overload of such powerful and useful information.Ultimatley, it is up to the student to find the balance between the two.

Tranaya

Cornerstone University has been one of the biggest blessing in my life. I came in knowing nothing about my major, but all of the teachers and upperclassmen where extrememly helpful and friendly. I have never once felt alone or out of place. I don't even think I've had to open a dorr for myself on campus because the people are so considerate. I can leave my laptop in the lounge area and find it in the same spot two days later. This school is Christ centered and very accepting.

Before beginning my freshman year of high school, I was constantly reminded of one thing: “The next four years will fly by in the blink of an eye.” The reality of those words is still hard to grasp. In a flash of time I’ve managed to cross a bridge that connects the world of familiarity and carefree innocence that was my childhood to the world of endless possibilities and responsibilities that is my future. Knowing all that I know right now, what would I tell my I-can’t-believe-I’m-finally-a-senior self? It took me a moment to think about what I’d say, but in the end my choice was clear: Nothing. To tell her of the obstacles she would face her last year of school so she could stop them from happening would be tampering with God’s perfect plan for our life. I have learned lessons one cannot get by simply sitting through lectures by overcoming obstacles. If I had the chance to go back to the me of my senior year, I would go to our locker and leave a note to give her encouragement for the tough times ahead.

I wish I would have known more about additional fees that came with the tuition bill. I found myself being surprised by unexpected fees that I didn't even know were involved. It would have helped me while filling out for other scholarships.

Mariah

I would tell myself to apply to lots of different colleges to give myself many options. I would say don't limit yourself to a few colleges because if you don't like any of them then you will be stuck with having to go somewhere you don't love. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships. They may be a lot of work but they are so worth the time and effort. Looking back now I wish I could have told myself to study more in high school to get ready for what's coming in college. In high school you can often get by without studying, however, in college you cannot. It is a big change and transition from high school to college and studying habits are important. Another thing I would tell myself is to go with your heart. I would say don't listen to everything that people tell you because ultimately college is your own decision since every person in different. Don't let others persuade you to go to a certain college no matter what the reason. Follow your heart and go somewhere that feels like home.

I would say the best part of Cornerstone is that your professors really care about you. Most of them will go out of their way to help you and ensure that you are doing well in the class. Also, everyone is just so nice.

I wish I would have known how small the campus really is. Also I wish I would have known how strict it is.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.