Cornerstone University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cornerstone University

Cornerstone University is an incredibly safe campus with a deeply Christian core. Here, I am able to not only learn and pursue a degree, but grow my faith as well. The opportunities Cornerstone provides are vast, ranging from available professors, to internship opportunities, study abroad options, and a wide network of post college jobs. The campus is fun and clean, there's always students around who are willing to help answer any questions. Both students and faculty are friendly and kind, making campus a great place to live and continue to grow in a relationship with Christ. Though the food may not be the best, and we have our fair share of maintenance problems in the dorms, the nonexistent crime rate and ability to leave a laptop in a common area for hours on end without a worry makes well makes up for any problems. Overall, Cornerstone has some of the nicest people I have ever met, great chapel services and academics, and a truly Christ-centered education that delivers exactly what they promise in their motto, a life that matters.

Jazmin

When I visited Cornerstone the campus was beautiful. They had a lot of activities that I never knew were taught at college like survival skills. They had amazing facilities and equipment. They also had an awesome media communications program but they did not have my major. Cornerstone is a private Christian university just like my high school so it would be the same feel.

My overall opinion of Cornerstone University is that it is a community that fosters growth both academically and spiritually in students. I am proud to attend Cornerstone and I am thankful for the education that I am receiving. Although Cornerstone is not perfect and is sometimes bogged down by needless rules, I feel as though this school is a place where I can thrive. I look forward to continuing to grow both academically and spiritually over my next two years there.

Ruth

Cornerstone is a very open and welcome campus. There are always smiles to be shared and everyone is understanding. There is always an ear to listen and advice to be given. I often call Cornerstone my second home because it is, and everyone there is my family.

Delonte

Cornerstone University is a warm, welcoming college. I felt welcomed upon my first visit, and like love at first sight, I’ve been committed ever since! I will be attending come 2018 Fall semester as a 1st year undergrad! The campus is beautiful! The staff and faculty are always prepared to serve you, no matter what the problem may be, whether educational or personal; they develop personal relationships with their students, which makes it a lot easier to enjoy the learning experience at Cornerstone!

Cornerstone University is home to almost 2,000 students during the fall/spring semester. Cornerstone has wonderful opportunities to be in clubs, sports teams, and even studying abroad. Due to the small population of Cornerstone, students are closer together like a family. The University features an inspiring chapel with beautiful stained glass windows. Chapel is every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. We gather there to worship our God and Savior, which also brings life to the Cornerstone University campus. Cornerstone's education has lifted every single student up to society's expectation, making Cornerstone University a great place to be.

Areli

After transferring from a Big 10 School, Cornerstone was a really amazing decision. The campus is beautiful and the small classroom sizes are great for getting to know all the students and the professor, which is something I took for granted. The professors care about your success in all aspects of life and are always so willing to meet. This school truly represents the ideals of what a Christian community should look like and what we should treat other people like. It is a well rounded school, with challenging academics!

John

It is a good school. It is a conservative Christian school, and most of the students and professors are fairly conservative with their beliefs, though some fall outside that camp. There is a general Christian atmosphere, regular church attendance is expected, and chapel attendance is required. Classes are interesting, especially the higher level classes, and intellectual conversation are found both in and out the classroom. Good food, including warm chocolate chip cookies on Fridays.

I really enjoy Cornerstone University. The people there are fantastic, you don't get pressured into doing things that you don't want to do, and people there genuinely care. The class sizes are great and the course work is a good amount. This was definitely the right college for me.

Mikaela

I think that it is a great school that has a great community with a great campus. The people are very nice and will help you with anything you need. The sporting facilities are very nice and we have great sports teams with a good attendance at big games for every sport.

Cornerstone University is a very welcoming place. The professors seek connections with their students. There is much to do as they hold many different kinds of events throughout the semester- from board games, to Disney dances, to ketchup and mustard slip n' slides. The only complaint I would have is that they are not as considerate of commuter students as they could be. Many professors don't acknowledge that I live a fairly large distance from campus and it is a big deal to have to come early, or stay later, or to come on a day that I normally don't have to.

Bailley

Cornerstone University is a relatively small campus that has many opportunities for Learning and Sports. Although right in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, it's a nice, safe- feeling atmosphere. There are many places very close to either shop or get groceries. you could even find a job close by, but there are also jobs offered on campus that work well around your schedule. The students are very inviting and nice. the class sizes are small; the one I watched had approximately 12 to 15 students. The food is tasty and they always have a couple different options for those who might not like it or are gluten free. They also always have ice cream and some kind of dessert. There are open dorms during certain times of the year, but boys and girls are always in different buildings. Each dorm room holds three people, but I think it would be more comfortable if they each only held two. Cornerstone is and uplifting College that you are able to talk freely about your Christian faith. There are also many different sports that people may be interested in playing or doing. I think Cornerstone University is a nice comfortable College that would be a good place to go for my college years. I love that alcohol, swearing, and obviously drugs are not going to be something I see on a daily basis. I love that you can know that others around you have some of the same beliefs and morals you do. Overall, it's a nice college that I will most likely be a attending.

Josiah

Cornerstone is a solid small conservative Christian university that is very christ centered. The people are the best part of the school as most of the students and faculty are very friendly. Profs are willing work with students who come to them. Also free tutors is a big plus

Zam

Cornerstone University is a great christian school. There is about 2000 students who attended at Cornerstone University. The tuition is about $24.168 each year. The acceptance rate is about 71%. Cornerstone University is a very safe university. Everyone at Cornerstone University are kind, peace, respectful, grateful, and cheerful.

Melody

I have really enjoyed attending Cornerstone University so far, and look forward to continuing to attend. Overall, I'd say it's been pretty great. I feel like I've grown intellectually and as a person in general. The only thing that's not the best is that they serve too much chicken in the cafeteria.

David

Great University. The environment is great and Academics overall are good. The professors are great and deeply involved in the life of the students and care for them. The international community is also very accepting, including and loving as well. The admissions team is extremely good.

Holly

Cornerstone is a community full of people who are seeking God, the community fosters a love for Christ. The class sizes are quite small which I love since it allows the classes to feel much more personal. Everyone here is so friendly and it really does feel like home.

Natalie

Cornerstone University is an incredible college with an unmatched passion for Christ and a beautiful community. The campus is very open, has a great deal of walking space, and has plenty of places to relax outside on a nice day. The people in Cornerstone's community are incredibly kind-hearted, and the professors are always willing to help you out with anything you need at any time. Cornerstone also offers plenty of opportunities to cut the college cost as much as possible for their students, and simply getting accepted can get you up to $11,000 annually from them! Overall I believe that Cornerstone is a wonderful and prodigious college in which I can't wait to spend my postsecondary years!

Shallom

I like it. I think the professors are really friendly and available. The atmosphere is really good and safe. It’s location is right by a good city. The facilities are available for use most of the time. The school could however improve on their food and scholarships especially for international students.

Sara

I think it is a good school. Christians should consider going and visiting the school. Overall, there are very nice staff, faculty and students. There is a passion of Jesus Christ from the people who go there. It is a nice small community that is loving and inviting to everyone.

John

I consider Cornerstone University to be the perfect environment for students. In fact, it's rated as one of the safest places in America and its overall culture deters the usage of drugs and alcohol. Everyone I had the privilege of meeting was extremely friendly, from the students at lunch to the President during a mom-requested picture. While Cornerstone is a smaller university, which allows you to have the opportunity to personally interact with your professors, this fact also allows them to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing needs of the world. Cornerstone University is where I want to accelerate my future.