Cosumnes River College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cosumnes River College

Ayana

I attended Cosumnes River College from 2009 - 2013. The campus is beautiful and looks like a University. The teachers are always available, kind, and helpful. Classes are fairly easy to get into as long as you have completed the prerequisites (if there are any). There are clubs that you can get involved in. I was in Sister 2 Sister which was an amazing group of women who were professors at Cosumnes River College or students. I also was involved in the clothing drive put on by Professor Hutcheson. Cosumnes River College prepared me for Grand Canyon University and ultimately shaped me to be a better student.

ORA

A school to get a start toward your education. Buildings are clean students are there to study and focus on their education, and even seek parttime work through work study programs and career development. They can receive help on resume and cover letter conferences, DSPS office for special needs, financial aid to help pay for classes along with Cal Promise grant, a student can also learn of other aid for school the Cal Grant on www.csac.com you can also use the funds for a University you want to attend. The Learning Resource Center to study and do homework at the Library with lots of free books and textbooks the teacher puts on hold for a student if they are waiting on financial aid. A student center to receive information and resources. There is a great bookstore for textbooks purchase or rental, all you school supplies and teachers are knowledgeable, the school has an orchestra that have events throughout the year and you can earn extra credit if you attend while in music class.

I think Cosumnes River College is a great school for people straight out of Highschool and have no idea what they are doing. It has lots of options to help students really get to know what college learning is like. Although there is not much extra circulars. I kind of view it as a self learning Highshool.

Haylie

My overall opinion for cosumnes river college is that it is a grate school to attend. I am currently in my second semester there and every time I go onto campus you always see people. Everyone is very friendly and usually have a smile in their face. Also their professors are very big on education, trying to get you to participate in school events and to use all the resources that are offered on campus. So if I was to recommend a school to go to I would say choose CRC because you'll always have a good experience on campus.

Ericca

I've been in CRC for about 2 years and am transferring soon. There's not much of a college experience here because it's a CC and most people are older than expected (20s-40s). It doesn't have a lot of involvement in terms of clubs and activities on campus, other than sports. However, the class sizes are good and classes are often easy.

Faye

I think this college is a lot better than the other community colleges in the district. There is definitely a more learning environment here, but counseling can go bad sometimes. I’ve had a counselor tell me I should drop out because I was failing and I was pregnant. I got my GPA up now and I’m still in school. Beat that counselors!

Kerensa

It was just a place for me to save money before I went to a four-year university. They have counselors you can meet with to make a plan to transfer, but that's really all the college is good for. A few students are older people going back to college after having kids and also working full time, but most of the students are right out of high school just trying to transition to a university. I went there to get my credits and transfer.

Katlin

Although there are improvements that can be made, I love Consumnes River College! Both the staff and people who go to school here are fun and interactive! It is easy to find other people who have the same interests as you as long as you get involved at school. There are plenty of tutors for every subject to be found. Tutoring is generally free and you even get a private tutor depending on what organization you join.

Nalani

Cosumnes River College is a decent school. The facilities are okay. The biggest asset that I think the school has is their diversity. There is always something going on, and something that you can get involved in. There are diverse groups on campus, and there are sometimes cultural activities as well that you can get involved in. The staff are usually helpful, but sometimes the professors can be a little disorganized. I have only taken two classes, so this is is my overall opinion.

Jordan

While there are a few professors who are not available beyond the classroom, the vast majority are in their offices far beyond office hours and are more than happy to assist students any time students need it. The campus itself is beautiful, far more than expected by a community college, and there are a fair amount of convenient stores located across the street for either groceries, mexican food, or to get your eyebrows done.

Milena

This school is a very good school for those interested in transferring to a 4 year university or obtaining an associates degree. It is a small campus, but there always some kind of event going on. The teachers do a great job at preparing students for their intended majors. Overall, Cosumnes is a great school to attend.

Ahriana

I think there are areas for improvement, but overall CRC is a pretty good school. The people on campus are generally pretty nice, campus is always clean and while there isn't always something to do, there are plenty of places to study and get help when needed.

David

Cosumnes River College is, by no surprise, a commuter school. I have only been here for one semester, but I have checked out clubs and they seem to be lacking. The campus is beautiful and the professors are solid. I wish there was more engagement and active social activity on campus. So far, it seems to be more of an in and out type of school.

Julio

I have not been on the Consumes River college campus that long but so far so good. I like the diversity that goes on and the support Consumes River college ives us students. I love the way I walk around and see posters on how the Consumes River college are reaching out to us and how you guys show your eagerness to help us succeed.

Reece

I loved attending this school. The campus is very accessible for people who do and do not have a vehicle. Attending this community college prepared me to transfer to the school I will be attending. I am very thankful for the teachers I had and felt like I learned more from them than just the subject they were teaching.

Cosumnes River College is a very affordable and welcoming community college. The professors on campus want students to succeed and the resources available ensure that no student is left behind, no matter their disadvantages. This campus is a wonderful place to go to learn.

Philip

It is a good school for students looking to complete their general education courses without paying too much. The professors are passionate, knowledgeable and fair. The facilities are well maintained and nice. The older buildings could use renovations, but overall, it is a good school.

Cosumnes is a great school in Sacramento that's surrounded by shopping centers. It's not a big campus and there is always parking available. Some buildings are older than others and can't hold a lot of students but the newer buildings are very clean and environmentally friendly. I've had a good experience with most of my professors because you can tell they love teaching that subject and want you to succeed. I loved being a student athlete and representing this school because I've learned lessons and met new friends. It's also a diverse campus and welcomes international students. Most of the counselors I've met have helped me be where I am at in my education today and I'm thankful for their help and guidance.

Tiavonna

I love it here! I think its the best community college honestly I really admire this school and everything about it. Being here has taught me so much about life. The teachers here are really wonderful they do their best to teach everyone and make sure everyone is getting what they paid for.

jenny

Cosumnes is a great community college for anyone looking to start off at. I wasn't sure with what I wanted to do, but with the helps of counselors here and taking many classes, I found my passion. The professors here are really professional and caring. They do great jobs teaching. People here are friendly, you just need to go out and make friends since it's a different atmosphere.

haelyn

Its an okay school but it could use help, teachers are very hard to get a hold of especially outside of class and the student life is lacking. Most people don't get that involved because they see it as a stepping stone to better schools and that is sometimes frustrating. I wish i had more time to meet with teachers one on one.

Brandon

For a Community College it isn't terrible. I am a political science student and the school does not provide all of the resources needed to flourish in this department. Counseling has tried to change my major to social studies and to apply to Sac State even though that is not where I want to go so they can check off their boxes. Other than that it is a good community college.

Marisa

I think it is a college on the way up. The population strata is not great, so there isn't that much academic discussion or social activism going on, unfortunately. For those of us who like to get involved in issues that matter, it is a bit of an uphill battle, but as I say, it's because of its location and the local population's educational background (first and second generation immigrants mostly whose parents don't have a post-secondary education)

Winnie

At the time of this review, I am an incoming freshman from the local surrounding area. Obviously, it's a community college so I didn't see too much school spirit while I was walking around on campus; however, everybody was super nice and my counsellor and the other counselling staff were all super helpful with helping me arrange my courses for fall. I haven't met any of the professors yet, though I hear good things about all of the ones I have in fall (I didn't choose my courses based on who was teaching, just the time). Classes are normally capped around 30 or 40, in comparison to classes of 100+ one might find at a public university in California for the lower level courses, which I would assume allows students more time for individual attention. Schedules are also pretty flexible, most of the classes have multiple times and some are also available online - I am only going on campus for 3-5 hours a day for four days a week, which allows me more time to work, etc. in the afternoons. I was initially hesitant to the idea due to the lack of academic prestige but I am actually quite excited for my classes and to meet fellow students! Campus is decently pretty; not really my style but there are a bunch of trees everywhere. It's always seemed pretty empty whenever I went; given, those were odd times (a Tuesday at 4 and a Saturday at 8 in May and a few times during summer). There aren't any on campus parties because it is a community college, though I'm sure you can find a party on any given week. Plenty of organizations to get involved in as well. I feel like it will be a good place to spend the next year of my life.

Abigail

Cosumnes River College is a great stepping stone to a state school or a university. If you choose the right professors and join the right groups, you'll find a fantastic community to support you through your time at CRC. Professors are extremely available and almost always willing to put in the extra effort to help you succeed academically and with life in general. Food is terrible and more expensive than university food.

Wysdom

My overall opinion of Cosumnes River College is that it is a good school to get your work done. Most people on campus seem more focused on school rather than partying. I would recommend going to CRC to anyone out fresh of high school or anyone trying to get back in school after being gone for a while,