New York, NY
CUNY City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY City College

ARAH

MY PARENTS WERE UNABLE TO ATTEND COLLEGE FOLLOWING HIGH SCHOOL.. ACTUALLY, MY SIBILING DID NOT EITHER. OUT OF MY SISTERS AND BROTHERS AUNTS, UNCLES,COUSINS, GRANDPARENTS ETC. I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ATTEND COLLEGE "ON TIME" MY EDUCATION IS ESSENTIAL TO ME AND BETTERING MY LIFE AS A "WHOLE". I WATCHED AS MY PARENTS STRUGGLED WITH FINANCIAL ISSUES DO TO AN UNDER PAYING JOB. MY PARENTS DID NOT ATTEND COLLEGE UNTIL THEY WERE WELL IN THEIR 40'S... AND I WATCHED THEM STRUGGLE TO GRASP THE CONCEPTS OF LEARNING THEY THEY HAD LOST SUM 20 ODD YEARS AGO.. I DID NOT WANT THAT TO BE ME.. I DID NOT WANT TO STRUGGLE AT SOMETHING THAT COULD PROVE TO BE SO EASY WITH HARD WORK AND DILIGENCE. I WANT TO SUCCEED AND MAKE MY FAMILY PROUD.

Jeff

My college experience has really help me mature and mold my personality. It has made me realize the importance of not only a good education but to go out above and beyond your way to make a difference in other people's lives. I appreciate the opportunity that I am being given to learn and use the skills I learn obtain a career that I can enjoy and one that my community benefits from as well.

My school is very diverse and the professor are well-known in their respective subjects and really want to see students succeed.

Adolfo

City College is the institution of culture.

City College is the institution of culture.

At City College I was able to realize how much I do not know about the world. This feeling was refreshing because I was able to love learning at City College. Every semester I became more engaged in the topics that were presented to me, while improving my skills. The two skills that I am grateful in receiving from City College is the ability to listen and contribute ideas. This skill is really valuable in this world, especially if you would like to be instrumental in the promotion of education. Looking back at my experience in City College, I wish I could have taken a course in different fields. This would have allowed me to connect with great minds and see what contribution is being given to humanity. I am glad that I chose City College because I am now able to appreciate learning.

I believe the type of person that should attend City College is someone who is really there to learn. City College is an institution that holds the future of the United States since it is so diverse. Anyone who would like to learn different cultures, point of views, and build a relationship with his or her professor, then this school is definitely for him or her.

My school is best known for their architecture and engineering program. CUNY City College is mainly an engineering school. The school mascot is the beaver which represents an engineer because of the damns they create. For those who want to become and engineer or architect , this school is right for you. There is also a good pre-med program called Sophie Davis that is well known

As a high school senior there would be so much advice i wish i could give to myself. I am the oldest in my family; I wish I had an older sibling to give me the advice I have already given my younger sister. I would let myself know that even though I may feel like high school isn't important it really is. Become more involved in school, granted i was involved with my community. As a freshman you may think to yourself, "I can bring my GPA up next year." No. Don't waste time. Even if work was difficult give it your all. Attempt the homework rather than giving up. Ask for help, put in the extra time to study for a test. Become more involved, it will help you with your social skills. Don't be afraid to ask for help and take a challenge. Remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Join the honor societies, become involved in sports and extra cirricular activites. Yes, college may seem more important, but it is the work and effort, the things you learn in high school that you take with you to college.

CUNY City College is a good school for anyone. They do their best to help you reach your potential. However if you're lazy and unmotivated you should no attend. No matter where you attend school, effort and dedication will always be required. If you are one who always looks for the easy way out, you will not make it. Remember the hard work and effort put into school now will determine the rest of your life. People who lack motivation, determination, and effort should not attend this school.

Tina

If I could talk to my senior self, I?d tell myself that college will be more widely educated than high school. College is not full of students that don?t want to attend school. College is about concentration and that?s what you have. Don?t let anyone in our class get on our nerves because if they don?t want to work or study, then they won?t therefore we won?t see them in the future. College actually has students that are willing to study and not interrupt the teachers and peers. They actually do get in trouble if they call out or eat in class. College is everything you expected high school to be. Don't worry about the people because they are in college for the same reason you are going, to get an education.

I wish i knew that college was't as strict as the high school teachers said they were to be.

One of the worse thing about my school is the prices of the food they offer. I study at the school daily but the prices push me to leave the school grounds to have a meal. Sometimes i don't even eat becasue the travel from the school to a deli is a hassle. Other than the food, everything they offer is fairly good.

Rosalinda

I would tell myself that the stuff I'm learning now in high school is important to pay attention to and to take it all seriously. It may not be part of the major you intend to pursue, but first of all it is important to have knowledge in as many subjects as possible and secondly if you intend on getting a bachelor's degree you need to take 2 years of general education which is 2 years of basic core classes like math, english, history and psychology. So since these same classes are what we take in high school we have the opportunity to pay close attention to the material we learn and we can spend less time in college re-learning what we were already supposed to learn and more time using our knowledge to gain a deeper understanding of the material.

The amount of opportunities available to students.

The lack of communication among different parts of the college.

Chakeira

Most importantly, I would tell myself to be sure about where I want to go to school. Dont get somewhere and be miserable then try to transfer late and end up working for a year. I would tell myself don't let drama, sports, and friends get you off your academic path. I would let myself know that college is not high school and i have to be more responsible about my grades and classes. Also, I would stress the importance of staying focused. There are always parties, games, or something going on the weekends. Its nothing wrong with attending but dont put off studying or homework just because I want to go to a party.

ana

-follow your instincts about your future career -choose to study what you feel the most comfortable with and not what your family wants -don't worry in advance and reduce stress level -always do your best -be open to meet new people because people come and go and you never know when your paths can meet again(and they do very often) -don't be afraid or shy to ask questions -do reaserach for everything -enjoy the studying part of your life because this could be the best time of your life -college should be fun so enjoy every part of it and don't stress -always be yourself

My college is good but i wish i knew i have to buy every single book for each class. in my earlier studying experiences i could go through with some old edition and used books. it seems that here professors ask for the newest edition of the very expensive books.i just hope it will be all worth it one day!

The most frustrating thing is coming to school.it takes me more than an hour to get there and i have to change three trains.this also means i have to get up very early in the morning. most of the professors do not tolerate us being late and trains could be late so often which means i have to plan some extra time for that.

Merlyn

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say self pay attention in English class. Go over your work make sure the punication is correct, make sure that you have a thesis and make sure is well supported. I would schulded my day make sure I give enough time to each subject, hand in papers on time, network with other students, statrt a study group meet at least once a week. Meet with professor a least once a week make sure you are on the write track. Make sure have someone phone number if not all classmate,just in case you miss class. Arrive early to class take good notes and go over it right after class

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone that have a clear foucs to what they want. Know what profession they want. A person who is resonsible and ready to do hard work. Someone is capable of manageing a home, school and work.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that does not like to work and research information.

Noelia

If I was asked this question at the end of my freshman year of college, I would demand that my high school senior self not apply to CUNY City. During this time I was not satisfied with my college experience, mostly because I didn't do anything. I expected myself to automatically make friends and be 100% sure of my future. Things changed once I started becoming pro-active in my attitude. I began taking advantage of the amazing opportunities offered: I volunteered in New Orleans, Louisiana twice, I studied in London, England for a whole semester, I met the most inspiring people, and I finally realized what I wanted to do with my life. Now, as a senior, I would tell my high school senior self to be positive and work toward what you want. Honestly, although a lot of emphasis is placed on picking the perfect school, I could have been happy at any university, as long as I kept a positive outlook. Goals, majors, schools, career interests, classes: these things can always change. What is important is that you make the best of what you have.

Students who are serious about learning and getting ahead in their intended field should attend this school.

The most frustrating thing about this school is lack of school spirit.

CUNY City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.