New York, NY
CUNY City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY City College

angela

If you are going to school for change and an experience, then you're in the right place. At City College, you're in the heart of everything. Food is at your calling with free delivery at almost every local place, there is activities to be found all over campus with hundreds of different clubs to be joined. Travel is easy with 3 subway stops close by and a shuttle that runs to 2 of them constantly. Running late and miss the shuttle? don't worry you can call a shuttle to come to you after hours.

Ledjan

it is a school that has a lot of pressure on the students, and faculty is never nice to us

Lewis

I currently enjoy my student life at City College of New York. It provides a lot of opportunity for those that seek for it. Academics are not everything. City College provides for those that want a degree, but also want to pursue their dreams and aspirations in other forms. I hope to be part of City College when I graduate.

Suphasa

It's a great school that offers a lot. As a student you just have to find what works for you and what doesn't. They offer a lot of programs which is the best part. There are many resources available for students to use, we just need to explore them more.

City College of New York

It is such a wonderful place to grow and learn as a student! So grateful I go here!

City College of New York

Wilbert
City College helping build a bright future

City College helping build a bright future

City College offered me a wealth of knowledge and connections even after graduating that I still receive. The classes where fun and the teachers cared about their students I miss being there good luck if you plan too attend city college it's a great institution.

Yves

Pretty calm school and relaxed, where all students get along well.

Pretty calm school and relaxed, where all students get along well.

Read first about what you would like to major in in college. Do an excessive research into majors and don't let people tell you what you should become.

Stephane

As a first generation and minortiy student, I would simply advice myself to stay focus and keep the same optimistic attitude that will make you successful four years later. As a current graduate student attending Columbia University for my Master's degree, I would not have change my overall experience at my college. I am pleased with all the decisions I have made, I am grateful for my wonderful professors and mentors who have inspired and challenge me for the real world. Finally, I would simply tell myself to "keep up the good work because you're doing great!"

cuny City College is a wonderful college that has a strong emphasis on the liberal arts and sciences. I would recommend it to any students who inspire to have a career in those fields.

I mostly brag about the opportunities that I was able to get while I was in college. I always advice upcoming students who hope to go to college to always make the most out of their own experience. The degree on its own will not be sufficient. Students should actively network, participate in internships, volunteer opporunities, and create long-terms goals for themselves.

The fact that it is in New York City makes it very unique compared to other schools I applied to. It makes the college experience very different than if you were to go to school anywhere else. Everyone in the city is always moving so quickly and so driven it makes you want to do that as well. As a theatre student too it's great to be in the hub of theatre for the country.

I would tell myself the simple words, "everything is going to be okay". Going to college is a huge transition but as long as you understand that things will get better it makes it easier. I would also say make sure you have someone you can go to for emotional support because it can be hard. I would also say try to make as many friends as possible because not only do you need friends for your emotional wellbeing but you're also making connections for the future!

I would say the professors. All of the professors I've had so far have been very passionate about their work and very knowledgable. As a theatre student, all of my teachers work in their field in someway and come from very prestigious backgrounds. That is great because it helps you create connections in the field you are trying to be successful in before you've even entered it.

Chantae

I would tell my High School self “motivation is the key to getting things done” and that I shouldn’t let opportunities blow by. I would encourage myself to continue to retake the regents exam so as to not end up in remedial like I did. I would tell myself to be more social and bold and start networking with other people who shares my interest to better myself and start taking steps towards my career. I would advice myself to ask more questions concerning things of importance because it never hurts to fully know what’s going on and because it would help me to avoid future problems that stems from ignorance. But most importantly I would tell myself it’s never too soon to start working on scholarships. Paying for college isn’t easy and even with the assistance of financial aid, more often than not it’s not enough. In order to have smooth sailing from the start of my college career till the end of it, this is the most important thing I would’ve advised my younger self about.

How organized and efficient they are. They always make sure to check back with you whenever there’s a problem or assistance to be had and when it comes to finding offices or rooms, the directions are easy to follow with the security staff being fully knowledgeable.

They seem to be strict on what classes they offer every semester but i have yet to find out if this just applies to a particular department or if this applies to all majors.

CUNY City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.