New York, NY
CUNY City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY City College

Adam

City College offers a variety of majors that an individual can pick from which alot of other CUNY schools do not have. City College always has workshops that are helpful and answer alot of questions. There are a variety of programs at City College such as the Student Support Services Program that focuses on the individual and their own needs.

What I have gotten out of my college expererience are a variety of things. College has shown me how to manage my time which is crucial. I have also learned how to prioritize my life as college can interfere with your social life. Overall, college has been valuable to attend because it taught me how to mature and manage my responsibilities. High school can only teach out a number of things, but attending college taught me more than what I expected and I am grateful for that.

The most frustrating thing about City College is the lack of musical activities and guest speakers that arrive to the school.

Rema

They are okay but not so social at first.

They are okay but not so social at first.

The school is overall okay but it would help if there were more advisors to help us guide our future.

I think the college is fine overall but I just wished their were more guidance in future careers because nobody really helps unless you go bug them for it. I also do not receive financial aid so it is horrible to pay for classes that I do not want to be in but have to take in order to be a full time student. They should open more class sections for students who actually pay for college.

Sullivan

As a freshman, I suppose I haven't yet completed my "college experience," but nevertheless it is already effecting a change in me. I think my experience is unique to an extent, because of the school I attend and the city, but at the same time can be universal. At City College, I am learning how to take care of myself. It isn't just the classroom experience that matters. I am learning to become an independently functioning member of society, cooking my own meals and taking in the abundance of culture that New York City has to offer. I am also meeting new people, and making friendships that are already very dear to me, and that I know will appreciate in the years to come. All of this is invaluable to me. College is there to help open your mind to the rest of the world, and I don't think I'd be having quite the same experience anywhere else.

The worst thing about City is probably the limited dorming options. Most of the students commute from off campus, so the only housing there is the Towers, which is a nice facility but very expensive. I come from out of state so there isn't much choice for me but to live there. Though tuition isn't too bad, the housing cost adds up quickly. Also, there's no meal plan, which means buying groceries, unless you want to eat at the cafeteria in the school.

City is very science oriented, so non-science majors like myself may seem few and far between. This doesn't mean we aren't welcome though! Also, the student population is extremely diverse, so it helps to be interested in other cultures and people.

Hoang

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the fact that hard work is involve in everything. I do feel that the standards here at my college are higher than average, but due to this expectation, it makes me work harder and push myself more. I remember taking a class at another college and felt how easy it was compared to my college. The Professors here at City College truly envelops the concept of thinking and understanding rather than simply remembering. I've also found my passion in teaching thanks to this college when I worked as a Workshop Leader in Organic Chemistry. I enjoy teaching people a lot more now and plan to become a Professor.

The best thing about my school is the amount of research labs available for students. I am into researching especially in plants and there's a lab for that.

I wish I knew how to study better. I wish I knew which major I was going into.

Yetsenia

Currently I'm in college for Massage Therapy and it has shown me that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I dislike the environment my college affords us and I've decided to do something on the other end of the spectrum, but since I wont let this educational experience bog me down, I'll just finish and use it to help me pay my way through the next few years of my life.

Maria

engineering department, architecture, diversity, pre-med

engineering department, architecture, diversity, pre-med

Being in college has shown me what I am capable of, intellectually. When I changed majors from Illustration to Biology, I embarked upon a whole new field that was unfamiliar to me. I had never taken classes in Physics or Organic Chemistry before, and my coursework proved to be a daunting challenge. I powered through and became a top student in all my classes, regardless of the fact that my classmates had more experience in these subjects than I. I was so encouraged by my own progress but also by the admiration and support of my professors that I stayed at City College of complete a Master's degree in Biology. I am the only child in my family with a college degree. Being in college has given me self-esteem and self-respect. I can now approach any problem with clarity, focus and a drive that I did not possess before. Since matriculating as an undergraduate student, I have changed completely as a person, in the most positive way possible. I now know that I am intellectually capable of anything, and that I can excel in whatever I put my mind to.

diversity, scientific research, the number of languages spoken

Katherine

My school is best known for Engineers and it is the reason why the Math and Science classes are more difficult and challenging. The school is known for its engineers and so they provide challenging courses to shape the minds of students following that field of study. Of course, it is rather difficult for other students such as myself who do not look towards anything having to do with that field of study and look towards other fields (like Childhood Education).

Since the inspirational words of president Obama, I realized the country needs more teachers and more nurses. I have always loved teaching things I already know to anyone, like my cousins and their homeworks. I decided to attend college and pursue my dream of being the person who inspires other minds to succeed in life. I wanted to become that inspirational figure that children will look up to because even though vertain events can happen in your life, you always have to look foreward and keep your chin up. With students coming into my classroom filled with questions, I want them to come out satisfied with answers. As soon as I stepped into the City College of New York I felt the vibe of good people, delicious foods and a comfortable environment to study and have fun in. I felt that its highly valuable to be educated without stress. Thankfully, the school has provided locations where there are people to guide you and to listen to any remarks. There have been many programs, many society groups and many great authority figures that set examples of how well the school is structured for the students at CCNY.

I believe that the students that should not enter this school are students who do not attend to any events or even care about school in general. There are a lot of programs that help students with financial needs but then there are those students who do not take advantage of it. I believe that after the second year of college if the student has not shown any signs of progress then they should not attending a college and should look towards other things in life untl they are ready to study.

Hayley

My college experience has been completely different that I had imagined it to be five years ago. I am a single mother who works a full-time job and goes to school full-time. I am pushing extremely hard to achieve my goal of graduating with a Master's in Accountancy and then becoming a CPA. College has been one of the most valuable things in my life yet. It has opened my eyes to a whole new world and to see myself and daughter with a whole new light. Being in college makes me appreciate the things that I have now and helps me focus on my goals because the only way to go is up! My daughter gives me meaning to wake up every day and keep pushing towards my goals to make our lives the best possible! I can not wait until I walk across the stage with my degree. It will be the most full-filling and blessed day!!

Peter

Their engineering and architecture program

Their engineering and architecture program

I have managed to learn more from different students along with the professor, in which majority of the things that were taught were all field related (in my case, Chemical Engineering).

Irwin

In my past college experiences, I learned to be more outspoken and supportive to others. These lessons are valuable in that you need these qualities to be a leader, let alone make new friends. It has been valuable attending City College because I learned new material, made new friends, and learned to to get one step closer to pursue my dream, in this case, to become a health care professional. To become a healthcare professional, you need good grades and know the right people. By joining some clubs, you make new friends and meet the people that you are looking for, who in turn gear you towards better ways to pursue your future. I was geared to pursue my dream by being more motivated to succeed in all of my classes (not just prerequisites) and volunteer in my community to interact well with others and meet new people in different environments. It only takes one place to help you obtain a possibility for a better future, and that place is City College.

Despite the vast majority of courses and instructors at City College, this school surprisingly has limited courses. There are some courses that you can take for credits (like astronomy) but there aren't enough to allow you to major in it.

There is no person who can't attend City College because City College is a school for people who are trying to persue their dreams. If you are not good at communicating with people in general, after one semester of attending City College, you will become a very active person (or even a leader). If you are not good at writting papers/essays, after one semester, you will be writting essays as if they were paragraphs. If you do not know what to major in, after one semester you will be pursuing your dream.

CUNY City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.