Bronx, NY
CUNY Hostos Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hostos Community College

We're a community, rather than a school. Many guides and hands to hold as you prepare yourself to enter the real world. This experience makes you grateful to be the person you will be in a future. You are held accountable for your actions, yet rewarded if you show interests and attempts. I have been blessed with this opportunity. I do not regret my decision to flourish and grow as an active member of society, I am proud of starting in Hostos.

Ellease

I have been in the building before but this would be my first year being a student in the building.

diana

they are very helpful with the enrolling process as with the transition back into school. If you have a question someone is always available by phone or in person. I think their office hours should at least be to 7pm for someone who works during the day. But no complaints against this institution.

Cadieja

My school is perfect for those who learn in smaller class rooms. The student to teacher ratio is about 30 to 1. This is ideal for those who like more teacher student interactions during class time. The professors are always available during their office hours and they push you to see them if your too shy to ask questions in class. The tuition is roughly 6000 per year making it very affordable for low income students. They have many majors and help centers to enrich the learning culture such as tutoring and writing assistance workshops.

Bijan

Hostos Community College is a very good college. They offer several two years programs in many majors. The price of going there is reasonable. My three professors, I had this Spring all went the extra mile for the students. This Spring was my first semester in this college. I'm taking up Game Design. There is good shopping in the area and a Hospital in the area. The campus is right over the bridge from New York City. The Train and bus stop right in front of campus. As far as safety goes if that is your concern then let me put your mind to ease, The campus is very safe. There is a lot of security there mostly by NYC cops. There are cameras everywhere. The students and staff are from mixed cultures and different ages and it's a great place to learn. I hope you will join me there this fall,

christian

Hostos Community college serves the purpose it was made for, reopening doors and opportunities for those who might of thought their future was cut short. The courses offered are varied and fit well with the curtain needs of this generation. The teachers are welcoming and pay aid to the needs of the students. They make themselves available to the students when needed, motivate us to do better, and inspire us to look into ourselves and unchain our creative expressions while challenging us to always do our best and keep moving forward with our futures and never back. Varies financial offices exist to cater to whatever questions the students might have about their situations. Everything is made with a purpose and the college caters to serve it which makes up for whatever faults it may have

Brianna

horrible

horrible

James

The campus is of reasonable size. It is easy to get lost in the buildings. The classes are big depending of the course your are taking. For example, if you are enrolled in their media design program, the classroom will most of the time be full of up-to-date computers for each student.

Aaishah
What are your classes like?

Some were big such as English classes. Others got smaller fast like Political Science and Biology.

I think that the advisement can be a little hit and miss particularly if you want to go into Medicine. I was advised to take Bioloy A&P which is not a requirement for Medicine so I wasted a Semester and missed out on some programs that would have allowed me to circumvent the MCAT such as Mount Sinai's flexmed program.

Osarenoma

This schools has a lot of great benefits.

This schools has a lot of great benefits.

There is a stereotype that it is mostly Hispanics students that enroll in my school, however, i'm starting to notice more diversity. I see people from other cultures and backgrounds.

The most popular activities are usually the sports club, such as the basketball team.

The students at my school are mostly helpful towards each other, we all share a similar goal and that is to graduate.

CUNY Hostos Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.