Albany, GA
Darton State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Darton State College

Adrianna

If you want to party on a large campus with shops and activities nearby, then Darton State College is not for you. But Darton is the perfect place to make new connections and friendships while getting an education. Darton is a great college for those that new to the college experience. It's small campus makes finding classes easy. The students are friendly and make new students feel welcome. All in all, what Darton lacks in nightlife it makes up for in a tight knit college community with professors that are always there to help you achieve your goals.

Autumn
Good school, but a bad area.

Good school, but a bad area.

Darton is a great school to go to if you live in the area. They have a great nursing program, but the college is not located in the nicest city. You usually only come if you get a scholarship or you want to live off-campus with family.

April

The school offers helpful staff and the atmosphere for learning is intellectual.

The school is best known for the opportunities it offers.

If I could go back and advise myself of the world outside high school, I would. After high school, I decided to take a break from school. Looking back, I would inform myself that this was not a wise choice. It is harder to go back to school after taking time off. You forget a lot of things you have learned in school by lack of practice. I would also tell myself that time management is something of importance. In college, you have to stay on top of your work and studying. In order to succeed at furthering your education you need to set an achievable goal. Every semester, focus on that particular goal and then the next semester set another goal. Keep working to achieve your own goals and this will keep you motivated. If I could go back to high school, I would definitely start college the following fall. I would work hard and be in a better position to provide for my children. It is hard to go to school and take care of two kids. Do things the right way. Start a career and then start a family. It will pay off in the long run.

talisha

Darton State College is best known for the one on one help with the students and teachers. They are also best known for having a great nursing program. This college is great with going on trips and making new friends. The people are so friendly and nice and show you a lot of respect. Darton College also have great summer programs for the little kids that love to be active. One more this that this school is best known for is their nursing program, they have a very high passing rate with students passing this program.

I would sit down and talk with everyone and let them know that college is more serious than they think. Its not high school anymore and that your teachers isn't gooing chase after you asking you di you turn in your homework or not, in college either you turn it in on time or you just don't have it at all. Another thing is always get active with the school you can meet so many friends that way and if you are shy your communication skills will get so much better. Something else that is important is your parents can't call the school and let your teacher know that your going to be missing school, you have to email them and let them know that yourself because those teachers don't care they going to teach regardless

The kind of person that shouldn't attened Darton State College is someone that dosen't want a degree and that just want to go out and party all the time. Another kind of person is someone that just wanna go to school for the money and dosen't wanna do nothing with there life. People that aren't going to take the school work serious and just going to get other people to do it for them. Someone else that shouldn't attend this college is someone thats just going to goof off and play around

Christin

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice I would first stress to myself not to be in such a hurry to grow up, and to take some time to enjoy life as a young adult as much as I could. I would try to make myself understand that I know so much less than I thought I do, and that I need to try to be more patient with life and not to make such quick decisions. I had a child when I was seventeen so this completely changed my life when I was fresh out of highschool. If I could go back I would tell that young woman to focus on what she needs and to not be so concerned by what others think of you. But most importantly I would tell that girl that she is stronger than she believes and that she will be okay.

My favorite thing about my school is that we are still in a small enough city so that it feels more welcoming and less intimidating than a larger college would. My advisor and my teachers all recognize me and most know me by name. I really enjoy the more relaxed environment that the office attendants and teachers allow as well.

I wish that I had better prepared myself for the college classes. I wish that I hadnt let myself become so intimidated about being back in school after nearly ten years, and instead had done better research and prepared myself. I feel that once I was able to relax and once I understood that going to college was not going to be as scary or as impossible as I had built it to be in my imagination, that I was able to start to enjoy the classes.

Bethany

I know that you just moved halfway across the country and you swear that you'll move the second you graduate, but you won't. You'll stay at Mom and Dad's to save money and you'll pay your way through community college. That FAFSA thing that everyone is talking about, you need to apply for it. You can't get financial aid without it. That funny looking counselor that says the word "scholarships" with a lisp, you should talk to him. If you apply and receive those scholarships he always talks about, then you can skip the whole community college experience and go directly to a university. Also, those AP classes that you signed up for are going to be really hard but also really worth it. If you get high enough scores, you can knock out a whole semester of freshmen year. Start thinking about your major. This decision is huge. Don't pick something that will just make money, but choose a path that will lead you to a career you're actually interested in. You're a good student; don't doubt that. With the right amount of planning, you will surely succeed.

nechia

If I can go back in time, I would tell my self that being a high school senior is just another step closer to my goal. I would convince myself to make better grades, get my assignment done on time, and get involve in volunteer service. I would also include that im now a senior so whats next. College would be the first thing in my mind after high school because I know if I want to further my education I have to recieve more education. My future plans, and career dreams would be all I would think about because that is what my success would tell about me. As a senior ,I loved that part of high school. The reasons why I loved it is because it was my last year, and my last year wasnt as hard as all my other years. The seniors also had differnet senior activities which made me feel special. I was recognize because of my strong potential that I made it to senior year, and now I'm almost done going into college. It was the happiest moment ever in history for me. I would also tell myself to never ever give up.

The best thing I consider about my school is differnet social events. I like the events becuase it is a good way to get people out there to make friends, get well-rounded, and enjoy yourself. I love the clubs and organizations they have put together for the students at Darton College. It really makes a differneces to see people come together to share laughter, and time with each other.

The most frustrating thing about my school is getting someone to help me with my courses I have problems in. It is also frustrating when some people cannot understand my learning disability, and they don't understand my learning style.

Dontavis

Advice i would give myself would be keep high enough grades that qualify for hope and apply for grants and scholarships because school isnt cheap. Apply for more than one school because theres alot of great schools you can attend to future your education

Smaller but education is better.

If there's someone thats looking for a GREAT place for education, fun, and people Darton College would be the place. Someone that is looking for a good education and a place with confort should attend Darton.

Tali

my school is very good . It have me the chance to finish my degree in 3 years and not 4. I got into the ecellence program and it was worth it. I worked twice as hard but I saved a year of time.

I would tell the younger me to stay in my parents house and not rent a place at the same time of learning a degree. It was very hard. Also I would tell myself to look for a scholarship. Back when I was young I was not aware of this option. I would also tell me to try hard to get the best grades i can and to be aware of what these grades mean for my future.

The tuetion was high and I had to work in two different jobs to keep up with the bills.

Michele

Darton College is best known for its nursing program. The level of instruction is superb. The instructors really care about their students.

The communication within the school system is excellent. I have attended other schools and had poor experiences with trying to stay in the loop.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to continue my education. When I graduated from school, I had some life changing events occur that threw me off track. I was a straight A student and had taken all college preparatory classes. College just wasn't in the cards for me at the time, or at least I didn't think it was. I always had the desire to go to school, but just didn't know how or what to do. No one in my family had graduated from college and I found myself in unchartered territory. Now, I would encourge myself to explore ways to fund college and focus on getting a degree. I've seen that college life is a wonderful transitional time in a persons life and that the chance to learn and grow is remarkable. I'm a non-traditional student now and I have a daughter that is currently a junior in college. I can't change my past, but I have been able to encourage my daughter and watch her benefit from the college experience. It has been very rewarding,.

Darton State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.