Davidson County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Davidson County Community College

candice

When I did go to school here, this school seemed to be racist and not for people of color or any other ethnicity except Europeans, a mixed lineage, or Asians. If you are a person of color who has been successful at this college, they are usually those who are kissing ass or up to funny business with all the other ethnicities who go to this college. It's not very many individuals who go to this college, and now I can see why. These students be cheating on test, the teachers seem to be cool with it, and be helping them cheat to pass. This school seems to fail a lot black students who go there, who don't kiss ass, no wonder why they drop so quickly. I have had an experience where the teacher and or advisor tired to play me, as far as messing with students grades so that they can fail especially the black students. Smh a lot of people thought I was stupid, that may have been the case several years ago but most definitely not now. I am very surprised this school has such a high rating, smh that must be from the people who support this foolishness at this school. I am surprised this school is still standing. smh Never again for me! These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Karen

I am very lucky to have such a great community college just 5 minutes away from my home. I truly feel that this college is guiding me in the right direction. From the professors to advisors to the tutors in the learning commons, everyone is always willing to help students out no matter what the situation!

Brianna

I love going to Davidson County Community College. I have been apart of Davidson County Community College's school since the Fall of 2015. I did early college through my high school which ultimately allowed me to receive my Certificate of Nurse Aid in the Spring of 2016. I took a year of Nursing prerequisites and I begin my first semester of nursing school this August of 2017. I am beyond excited to be apart of Davidson County Community College's Associate Degree of Nursing Program. I was accepted into other Associate Degree of Nursing Programs in North Carolina, however I heard such great things about Davidson County Community College's Nursing Program which led me to the decision of accepting my position and continuing my education through this school!

haley

Great school, wonderful professors, always a positive environment.

Bounavy

Great local community college for those looking to stay near home, great start also for those who are wanting to transfer out to a 4 year college! Instructors and professors work with you to make sure you are on track and stay on track for your future !

Sierra

Davidson County Community College is pretty good as far as community colleges go. There are available resources all around campus for students who need things such as advising, tutoring, and help studying. They host a few events during the school year to encourage students to have fun, as well as, advertising different clubs and activities. There is not a whole lot to do off-campus do to the location of the school. The cafeteria always has food during their regular business hours, but there is not a whole lot of vegetarian options. Work-study jobs are available to students to apply for them. We have places to relax and to study. Teachers are usually prompt about answering questions and helping students succeed. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here.

Trish

The Community College is a pretty great place to start your college experience at. The teachers are friendly, the students are well-behaved, the classes are a good size, and the food tastes good too. The classrooms are generally easy to find if you have some time to explore the halls and understand how to read the schedule.

Brianna

It has a nice diverse culture with lots of different people and they are all relatively friendly. I've made a lot of good friends but there's definitely a political agenda on campus. As a former member of student government, I found it very difficult to make any changes and it's frustrating when you're supposed to have a voice. You have a 50/50 chance of getting either an awesome teacher or an awful one.

Kade

It's really not a good environment at all. I personally can't stand to be here. The professors couldn't care less about the students (some are great) which makes it hard to succeed. On the plus side, everyone else who is not a teacher but is employed there is very friendly and works hard to make you comfortable.

Sha

Davidson County Community College is a great place to be the professors are always available to help and there are plenty of tutoring so you could get help in your classes. Also there are plenty of clubs and events going on campus.

Dalila

I love this college, to be honest. if this college had dorms, i would definitely stay in them.I love the activities they have, the teachers, the workers, they are all very friendly. The environment is to die for, its so peaceful, clean and nice. The teachers are always available to help, they're so nice and friendly. They have all kinds of work study areas. Free tutoring, online and on campus. This college is amazing i would so recommend it to anyone!

Michaela

I think that DCCC is an amazing school where the teachers work hard to make sure students are happy and healthy. They really focus on the success of the student, and provide a number of services free to the students to help them navigate college life. DCCC is incredibly culturally diverse, with a lot of leadership opportunities.

Karan

Davidson county community college is one of the most amazing college I have had the pleasure to attend. The faculty were always available. Admission and advisors were always there to help if you needed any. I even kept in touch with my teacher and friends who had similar interest with me.

Mikayla

This is such a great community college. I am recieving the same education as people at universities and saving money while doing it. If anything I am recieving a better education because we are a smaller school and it is more personal. We have a Tutoring Center, a Learning commons, and many other resources that larger colleges are not able to offer. All this being said, I love this school!

Cliff

I love the being at dccc. I have enjoyed my experience and I'm thankful for everyone that help me. Academics at dccc is second to none, the teachers and advisors are very supportive. They ask you every day are you okay or even ask about your personal life to get to know you or a understanding to why students are struggling. then help you get the right help to pass the class.

It is awesome for a community college, and I think they're constantly improving. I am not ashamed to say I go to this school, even thought there's a stigma attached to being at a community college. I have spent several wonderful years here, and while I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life, I know that DCCC gave me a solid foundation.

Erica

Davidson County Community College is a pretty good community college for those looking for something cheap, affordable, and helpful for your next step in life. The teachers are there to always help you no matter what you plan to go into. The transfer system is easy and the guide you every step of the way.

lauryn

Davidson County Community College is a very hands on campus. Everyone joins in on on-campus activates, about every semester the college will have a mini-fair, spring or academic events. The factuality is always there to help, whenever you have questions they respond to emails quickly. They support you and always have your back. Being part of the TRIO program benefits me because they are like my family. Anything I need they are the first people I talk to and they get the job done.

I love my school. It is a good option if you want to save money or only need a two year degree. There are a lot of different things that make Davidson County Community College, specifically the Davie Campus. There are a lot of high school students who take classes there.

Aqsa

Davidson County Community College has provided me with the resources I need to be able to communicate effectively, think critically, and grow intellectually. The students and staff support the learning of all individuals. 90% of the people I have encountered are genuinely concerned for their future and are serious about their education. I am forever grateful to DCCC for providing so many wonderful opportunities to me.

Abigail

Overall, I think Davidson County Community College is a good school to start out with before moving to a four-year university. They have a good amount of classes offered for students to take and the staff are willing to help you in any shape or form. The school also has great food at the Storm Cellar (they're chicken tender combos are the BEST), and is closeby two towns that also offer good food.