Lincoln, NE
Doane University-Graduate and Professional Studies

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Doane University-Graduate and Professional Studies

Cortni Hansen

I attend the Lincoln campus, and so far I love it. I did give low stars on housing & campus food, because there isn't any that I know of. The only issue I have had is with their financial aid assistant Mary. She is very slow at getting back to me, and doesn't do face to face meetings. College is a great expense it would be wonderful to have a nice financial aid assistant to help me, and other students.

Leah

I brag most about the great teacher at Doane and the overall experience you have while earning your degree.

The most frusterating thing about Doane was being required to take night classes to finish our senior seminar.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior today, I would tell myself that this is only the beginning. Most friendships will dissipate, my social status will be a thing of the past, and I have the opportunity to become anything I want to be. I would tell myself that senior year should be about researcing colleges, deciding which carrier best fits me as a person, and that my grades will open doors for me to achieve every goal that I have set for myself. I would say to study hard while looking ahead to the future I envision for myself. I would tell myself, "This is it! You are at a turning point in your life, its up to you now. You can become anything and anyone you want. So lets do this!"

NEKISHA

I have found Doane to be a school of great determination and availability to succeed in life. The classes are set up to small groups so that there is more student-professor interactions. The professors want you to succeed for your benefit not theirs.

It's retention rate is outstanding...I have several friend that graduated from the masters and undergrad programs...They all have good paying jobs now. Also the way that the terms are set up makes it so much easier to pass the couse and accumulate your credits to graduate in a timely manner.

Variety, in age, race/nationalities, single parents, divorcees, hard-working and determined bunch of people.

Shane

I brag that it is a four year liberal arts school that maintains small class sizes and individual attention to the students it is providing for. The school has a great deal of flexabilty in the scheduling process for classes which allows students the opportunity to get their education. This school also provides continuing education in a Masters program that I have chosen which are also very accomadating to the student population.

I really can not think of anything that I wish I would have known. This is a well known private college in the community and provides educational access to a variety of students. The staff have been very helpful with any and all questions.

Being an adult learner and knowing the importance of an education, knowing the financial strain that my family is enduring at this stage of my life for me to return to school, I would tell myself or anyone that they have no idea how important an education is at that particular point in their life and they need to apply all of their efforts to their education and that the random experiances of college life are something that they can do down the road. I would tell myself that completing my education when I got out of high school and not having all of the other responsibilities that come with adult life is much easier when you are able to concentrate all of your efforts toward school and not all the other life activities. Although I have been very successful with my educational endevors since I have returned to school, I would have done very well the firt time I was in college if I would have applied myself and had my priorities in line.

Adam

Doane students and alumni have an extremely strong bond to wone another. When a person attends Doane, they are part of the bigger family of people attending Doane. Anywhere you go, you know you have an acquantance.

"You are never to old to be young". Now that I am in graduate school, and as a returning adult learner, I relaize that I am so happy for the opportunities afforded me in my life. I was able to enjoy every moment of my highschool education and look foundly back on the memories created. Now that I am in graduate school, I devot every waking moment to expanding my expertise in my chosen subject. Currently, when I get a moment, I take some time and reflect on the wonderful things that I have achieved and believe strongly, it has been because I remain young at heart. I never take anything too seriously, and I allow the all too common stresses of grad school to quickly slip by.

I have no regrets about attending Doane College in Lincoln. The faculty is outstanding and easily accessible. I was also able to work full-time and attend classes at night providing for a great way to pay for the necessary things in life. Plus, Doane also provided the opportunity for me to get accepted to a prestigous out of state grad school. Something some other school may not have accomplished.

Doane University-Graduate and Professional Studies administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.