Dyersburg State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dyersburg State Community College

Tracey

Dyersburg State Community College is a great school for tradition adults who are getting their second degree. The instructors there are very helpful and caring. The campus is very peaceful and also the students are very friendly. Lastly, the new student learning center at the Covington, TN is wonderful if you are looking for a quiet study place.

Erica

Dyers burg State Community College is a good college if you are on a budget. It is a good college for someone who is shy because at this school, you will easily make friends. This college is not big at all, but everyone there is very nice. Workers and teachers go above and beyond to get to know you and help you with whatever your needs are.

Alexis

I think Dyersburg State Community College is a great school. It does have its pros and cons. DSCC is located in a relatively small town of Dyersburg. Most of the students that attend here come from surrounding counties, so it is very local. DSCC has small classroom sizes; moreover, you have the ability to have the one-on-one interaction. Most of the professors I have had really care about you as a student and the grades you receive. DSCC has a limited amount of sports. They do not have that many clubs or organizations. To keep in mind, it is a community college is a small town. I feel very safe at Dyersburg State; there aren't any parties or people doing illegal things going on around here. I highly encourage students to come to Dyersburg State. It is a small college, but good enough to get a taste of the college life without jumping straight in to a big university.

Cathryn

I feel as if Dyerburg State Community College is a very helpful, welcoming inviroment! In my first semester so many people have helped me with community service hours for my scholarships, helped me find my class, and been very friendly and helpful for anything I've needed!

Rebekah

I would recommend this school to any high school student, any adult returning to school, or anybody really! This place is a hidden gem, in my opinion. The professors and staff here actually want students to succeed; they aren't just there to collect a paycheck, which is so refreshing. All of my professors I've had are more than willing to work with their students and to provide them answers and resources for any and everything. I am so fortunate to be able to call myself a current student and future graduate of this school!

Mackenzie

Dyersburg State Community College is a wonderful environment to receive a great education. Honestly, I never thought I would attend DSCC. My dad is in the Navy and he will be retiring next spring with 24 years of service. We have lived all over the United States and have even lived overseas in Germany. I've lived in Guam, California, Colorado, Tennessee, Germany, and now back to Tennesse. I never expected to go to college here in a tiny town in TN. I am thankful for and have a positive opinion about where I am going to school for many reasons. I thing DSCC is great primarily because of the cost. The price-point is much lower than the other colleges I was looking at. I will have to pay a lot more money for where I go next, however, being at DSCC helps with the cost right now. Secondly, I have a positive opinion about DSCC because although it is a smaller college, there are still many things to get involved with. The main things are PTK, Psychology Club, and school events that I am involved with. Being able to join clubs and to be involved has drastically changed my viewpoint of Community College. It can be a lot of fun and allow the students to grow as individuals. It allows us to feel a sort of belonging and to have more of a purpose. A third aspect that makes me have a positive opinon on Dyersburg State Community College is the fact that the class sizes are much smaller. Within the community college, the students at DSCC get the chance to have more of a personal relationship with their teachers and the staff at the college. There's one last main thing that is really important to me that makes me have a positive opinion on Dyersburg State Community College. It is inregards to the fact that I am a student with Cystic Fibrosis. Having a lung disease, I have always felt a bit different. Here at DSCC, I have learned through more personal relationships that my fellow classmates have problems just like I do. Through the tight-knit relationships the college allows kids to have (due to the school being on a smaller scale), I have been able to open up more and learn about other people with medical issues.