Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Imann

ECSU is a small affordable college. I had some of the best times of my life here. The class sizes were always great! The cafe food is similar to any other campus. Greek life is pretty big there but there's plenty of other clubs and organizations to join. The school is also close to the water which was a major bonus for me.

Sabriah

Elizabeth City State University gave me room to grow and to become a better person. Elizabeth City State University has helped me in more ways than one. When I first began my journey at Elizabeth City State University, I was so consumed with work and homework that I forgot what it was like to socialize. I was able to become social through class discussion and by making some new friends through the work study program. I became open to meeting new people and being social, that I was able to realize that I could have some fun without the seriousness about work, school, and everyday stress clouding over me. It came a point in time where the finances of maintaining my off-campus apartment. I was working many hours, while living with the regret of taking an extra class. The coursework was swallowing me whole and I was extremely tired. My professors were easy to talk to. They were never easy on me, but the stuck through with me so that the struggle wouldn't be as hard to overcome. My supervisor/ counselor advised trying to get an on-campus apartment, she told me what to do and who to speak to. Elizabeth City State University has lots of room for improvement, but I enjoyed the experience that I had. Despite the bad, there was a lot of good. I was able to grow and see a better future for myself. I was able to reach the milestone of graduating college. I was able to give my family a reason to be proud. I was able to learn unique lessons that will guide me throughout life.

michael

Elizabeth City State University overall is a good just not including sports, when i visit it is diverse to be a HBCU and also a big HBCU.

Myles

Overall the college is great, lots of friendly people, very easy to make friends. The campus is fairly small so its easy to navigate and to get to your classes on time, the classes are small and its easy to get some one on one time withe professor, all in all it's a real great college.

Erica

ECSU is a every small school, full of caring professors and facilities. So far is the best university in NC.

shaquil

My time here on Elizabeth City State University has been exceptionally remarkable. The general population on the grounds are agreeable a few companions was not an issues. The educators are truly pleasant and constantly prepared to offer assistance. The gatherings that the associations toss on grounds have really great results.

kevin

Elizabeth City State University is a very small campus and you know it immediately. It only takes about a good ten minute walk from one side to the other. The only thing that this has to offer is the professors. The professors here a very nice and always available. Beside that, the campus nor the town of Elizabeth City has nothing to really offer.

Condrel

Advice I would give myself is to never procrastinate. There are plenty of opportunities out here and it is best if you go and take advantage of it. Never wait at the last minute to get things done; always keep your head up and network with as many people as possible. Networking with professors, students, etc. opens doors for jobs, scholarships, and many more opportunities out there in the big world. Be professional at all times; dress business casual and also communicate effectively. Make sure that you are keeping your head in the books and working on maintaining a strong GPA. Be positive. Stay strong. Never let anybody block you from your destination.

The worst thing about my school is their food. Honestly, they do make good food sometimes, but other days they are like awful. Me and my friends always joke about their food; we always talk about calling of those restaurants improvement shows and have them come to fix the cafeteria. If they can fix the food a litte better, then maybe I would not complain so much when I decide to eat on campus.

I always love to brag about my professors; my professors are very amazing people and I always have a blast when being in their classes. The projects are a killer to me. Having to type ten page papers per semester and giving presentations can be really stressful. But other than that, I can never go a day without bragging about the professors. They do whatever it takes to ensure that I am passing my courses and is well prepared when giving presentations. They influence me a lot and I cannot live without them.

I would tell my high school self not to worry over fall semester. I would tell her to calm down and just enjoy making friends, going to sporting events, and completing her assignments. I would encourage her to apply to many scholarships fall semester and deny any loans, so that she will have no college debt when she graduates. I would tell her to take a few interesting classes like swimming and public speaking that teach real life lessons for future success. I would tell he to submit her resumes early to be eligible for workstudy jobs in the fall. I would tell her to save more than you spend and make every penny count. Lastly, I will tell my high school self, that psychology is the right major for you and that you will be happy in your career choice as a therapist. College is four years of finding who you are and the person you will turn out to be is an amazing woman.

I brag aboout the dorms , fine art center, the marching band, and the student center.

Diamond

Everyone can come together and make you feel as if you belong to a family.

Everyone can come together and make you feel as if you belong to a family.

College has been a great experience for me thus far. I believe choosing to continue my education was one of the best decisions I could make for myself. I would not change the fact that I would make the decision to go to college. I would basically tell myself to remain focused and make sure I do everything to the best of my ability. The main thing I would tell myself is to become involve in any organization that I was capable of. At my university I have realized that being involved in different groups and organizations can play a major role. It is a chance to for you to get to know others. When it came to scholarships many asked for involvement in organizations at school. Another major thing is that you should do much volunteering as possible. Many schools look into that and there are many opportunities for this at colleges and universities. You are getting a chance to help people and it allows you to build relationships with the organization or people you have volunteered for. The key to just about anything is communication. It does not hurt to show others that you exist.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.