Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Laura

I graduated from high school in 1976. If I could go back to then, I would have furthered my education then. I believe that Social Work is a calling, and takes someone who can be empathic, while at the same time, be firm when it comes to the environment in which we live.

I think that my teachers are wonderful. My advisor was awesome.

Pace yourself! As a high school senior I was always running around applying to a bunch of different schools and scholarship foundations that I wore myself out. I got in to the schools I was aiming for, but I did not get enough scholarships to attend. I should have made a list of the scholarships I had applied for, work according to their deadlines and use every opportunity I had to revise my essays. I applied for so many in such little time that sometimes I forgot to check the small box that says "I agree", which disqualified me from those scholarship contests. Hopefully I can be a bit more wise and have enough money to attend a private university soon!

Alexus

I would say not to worry about boys and focus more in my first year. Pay more attention in my senior year of high school and actually learn the information instead of memorizing it. Take better notes. Get more socially active with good smart friends in my first year and not hang around one person all year.

A person from a really city area like DC, Chicago, New York, because it is very boring and country.

andrew

Be responsable! The expectation level in college is a lot higher compared to High school. I would also tell myself that college is fun, and very exciting, but it's extremely hard, and not to give up, but keep trying your hardest. And in some way or another, something or someone will help you with the needs you may be seeking.

Paris

A fun, enviting place to further your education and get prepared for the real world.

I really wanted to attend an HBCU and i am glad I did.

I would tell myself to stay focused on my studies. In college it is easy to get distracted by everything thats going on. Make sure you work hard, and get to know your professors, they are there to help you. Also there will always be a party, so don't go to one right before a test. These four years will be over before you know it, so grow up.

Leisa

You should always pay attention in class. You should take the oportunity to take college classes if you are able to. Stay at home with mom as long as you can and save as much money as you can. Dont worry about everyone you go to school with you wont be friends with any of them later anyway. Start college as soon as you graduate.

Courtney

Talking to myself in high school would create quite a difference in my current life. Seeing as though I rarely regret actions, instead of giving my past self advice on how to "survive" my next exciting chapters of my life, I would prefer to watch and observe from a distance how my past self experiences these new endeavors. This way, my present self has the ability to learn from mistakes and create an even more wonderful and exciting future so I can succeed in other chapters I intend on pursuing. I would love to partake in an adventure such as that. This also includes seeing the future me and observing in the same light. I would not want to change anything, just relax and observe what a beautiful creature I am, and to be the most positive person I can be.

Marlyn

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I’d encourage her to take some college classes her senior year because the classes would be free and that she’d be getting a head start on her GE classes. I’d also tell her to get a job to save up for some college materials and apply for financial aid and scholarships just so she can be more independent and learn the responsibilities involving money. Knowing that she’d focus on getting her degree as a healthcare professional, I’d recommend her to volunteer at hospitals and clinics just to get experience, create network, and get a feel of what health care professions there are. Another thing, I’d also tell her to take college courses more seriously but still have some time to have fun. College is not a race against anyone, it is a place to grow up, find yourself, learn, and explore new possibilities. So, if you make mistakes don’t be too hard on yourself just fix it because I believe in you!!

Andreka

VIKING PRIDE!!!! And also being one of the few decent black colleges left.

VIKING PRIDE!!!! And also being one of the few decent black colleges left.

I would see go with what best is for your future. Think about your financial state and mental state. You only get so many chances, so use them wisely.

The financial aid checks are good, and helps with necessities. The GE classes are easy and sets you up well for the harder courses.

I would advice myself to believe in myself and live for me and not anyone else. make decisions based on what i want to do and not what others want me to do. Follow your dreams and hold your grounds. stand out and be a leader not a follower. be yourself and never let others make a decision for you

When i tell a friend about my school, i brag about how friendly and laid back the people are here. The students and professors are helpful when it comes to just about anything. they give advice and teach you lessons on how to survive college as a freshman.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there isnt alot of things to do outside of school. Its in a small town so there isnt alot of things to for fun.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.