Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Audy

They are smart students who are not afraid to express themselves.

They are smart students who are not afraid to express themselves.

The people, they are so friendly and are always welcoming.

Keep up he good work! You just need to stay focused on school and leave all the other things alone. All the drama associated with high school should not distract you from your schooling and most importantly from your goals. If you remain on your current track and remember to take chances you will end up exactly where you want to be.

Ellen

My school is a historically black institute. When it was founded, it was a normal school for people of color. That means that the main focus of the school was to teach people to become teachers. It is now a liberal arts school which means that there is a large variety of majors to choose from.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to my myself as a high school senior, I would probably tell myself not to rush life. I would tell myself that all things are lawful but not all things are profitable. I would tell myself that I was going to learn some things the hard way but that those difficult lessons were a neccessary means for my developement. I would tell myself to stay strong because eventually I would grow and become a better person and I would assure myself that regardless of what the people around me thought, I was indeed going to attend college and I was going to enjoy it and do well. I would tell myself that I am a beautiful person and I would tell myself not to listen to my boyfriend. I would tell myself to grow a spine and be myself regardless of ridicule and oposition from what seemed like every side. I would tell myself that there is a clearing on the other side of these dark woods.

One of the most difficult things to deal with at any new school is the disorganization of the first few weeks. Be prepared to find out a lot of important information on your own. When you are in college, you cannot always rely on mom or dad or your teachers to give you everything you need. Inform yourself about what books you need, when your classes are, where and how to take care of financial ade etc. The most important thing is to ask questions.

Nashae

Elizabeth City State University is a school of providence, one that takes pride in its students and everything it does.

If i could go back to Bertie County S.T.E.M. High School I would explain the big difference between college and high school. I would tell them how time management is a very important factor. I would have to express to them colleg e is a big difference from high school and you have to have a very high maturity level. No one tells you what to do at all its all up to you, you make your own decisions. Even though you make your own decisions you have to realize that every cause has an effect so there will be a consequence. Last but not least college is what you make it so have fun but make sure you stay focused.

Any kind of person is able to attend this school. To be a historically black college it is very diverse. Everyone has their own culture and traditions and they have the right to express them.

Justine

I would have to say the most unique thing about my school is that the professor are willing to help you at all times. It gives me a security feeling knowing that I can always go to them for help and that they are willing to sit, talk, and listen to my problems and help me resolve it all together.

Endless information and endless experiences in my year and half that I have been to shcool. Attending college for me is not only a dream for me but a dream for my whole family. My parents did not go to college but they manage to make it doing what they know. Me going to college and graduating is my top priority and my highest value right now. By me doing this I will be a role model for my sisters and brothers, knowing that they are able to go to college also but they are able to accompish more they ever imangined. My college experience has opened my eyes to endless possibilities of what I can accomplish that there is no backing down once you start. Attending college, and having a college experience is my life, this is what I want to do to become more advance in school, at any job, and in life. This is what I need in order to fulfill my dreams and to become that role model I always wanted to be.

It does not matter what kind of person should attend the school. As long as you are willing to do the work, time, and put effort in what you do then you are able to go to any school including this one. It does not matter what they look like as long as they are willing to work for it.

Alexis

I have gotten the chance so far to begin becoming well trained and proficient in my career choice of Air Traffic Control. I go to class with a positive attitude and practice scenarios in lab everyday while trying my hardest and pushing myself to be the best that I can be! I want to excel at a career I am so passionate about achieving. Next semester I will be taking 16 credit hours, working part-time and will be fulfilling a minimum requirement of 24 hours of lab time scenarios, which I plan to greatly exceed to get all the practice I can. I am dedicating a year of my life and all the money I have saved to reach my goal. I know I am just one of billions doing this same thing but I know I have it in me to be successful, so I am taking the opportunity this beautiful country has given to me and I am aspiring to fulfill my dream. I’ve challenged myself in various environments and I’ve used them to find out who I am; I’ve used them to find my passion.

Daniel

The thing I have gotten out of college so far is that if you want something done, you must be persistant until it is done. I feel that this is an important lesson to learn because the world is full of people who need a little extra push to keep from procrastinating. So this will help me get through life and be more sucessful.

The best thing about my school is its small size. Classes rarely exceed 45 students and more commonly there are 20 or less in a class. This allows more personal teaching styles.

The worst thing about my school is the administration. They are very unhelpful, and just seem to be aggravaited with every student when you ask for help.

Priscilla

Elizabeth City Sate is a wonderful school to atten because it provide me a chance to earn my degree.

The most important thing that I have learn about my college experience is that learning how to speak to advisors are important because as you go through changes through life as well as the world changing you find out you need more education to be able to live. I was very happy to earn my degree but I learned that a career in education require more along with life long living.

I wish I had known that the program was not accredited.

Darrin

Id like to start by saying that before I was accepted to attend UTI in Rancho Cucamonga I was desperate to return every sacrafice my parents ever made so that I could have wonderful life that many kid's never get to expierience. My mother defected from communist Romania in 1974 in pursuit of freedom in the United States. When she arrived in the country she had two hundred dollars in her pockets and the responsibility of lmmediately finding work and a place to stay. My fathers side of the family were also immigrants from China with the same responsibilties upon arriving in the U.S. I feel so accomplished to have the oppurtunity to recieve the proper training to start a career that will not only grant me the life I've always wanted, but also give my parent's a chance to see, all their struggle's in life really paid off, Finally they can live the real American Dream. We will be able to build memories they couldn't possibly have imagined before I had this oppurtunity, UTI really changed my path in life greatly. Im so thankful, and this scholarship would help me greatly as well.

I've learned a lot out of my college experience so far. I've learned that my education has to be more important than any kind of social life. I study more on my own so that I can make sure I fully understand everything. I have a 4.0 GPA, and I work hard for it.

When I started attending Elizabeth City State University, I felt out of place and depressed. As I gave the school a chance I found a family and home there. I am currently taking eighteen credit hours and have made strait A's up til this point. I have made many friends, and helped a lot of others in reaching their goals. As an Education minor I was able to view a class and this experience helped me to know what I wanted to expand on in my classroom. Even better I learned what I didn't like done in a classroom. My eyes were open for the first time in my field of study and it was amazing. I couldn't have made it where I am today if it wasen't for the wonderful ECSU staff and my kind and helpful peers. There hasen't been one day that I felt out of place, ECSU is truely a large family.

How much I'd miss home. It is a good thing it wasen't that far away. Although most of the other student would say they miss the home cooked meals.

Someone who likes getting individual attention, and help from their proffesors. Someone who enjoys to learn from many diferent races. There is a lot this school has to offer.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.