Florida Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida Technical College

Rebekah

I attended FTC in Kissimmee.I graduated the cosmetology program.I would never recommend this school.The professors are disorganized.They constantly lost the students' paperwork.If they didn't like a subject, we were told to teach ourselves.Many days were spent listening to the professors discuss unrelated topics.The professors were constantly late from breaks. Now that I am a hairstylist, I'm discovering most of what I was taught is wrong.If the professor didn't know how to do something or was disinterested, they asked another student to teach the class.The professors talked negatively about other faculty and students.Students in my class had to transfer to another school because they couldn't understand spanish, and all of the professors taught their lessons in spanish.If we were absent from class, the professors insisted we provide a reason.I truly regret coming here.

Bryant

es un buen college con un nivel academico alto, los docentes siempres estan atentos para ayudar a los estudiantes en lo que necesiten, las instalaciones son muy buenas. hay muchos lugares cerca a donde ir y eso hace un buen ambiente..................

Lorraine

Its a great school to start off as a freshmen and to finish as a Senior. The professors are really good on helping the students and their number one goal is helping the students as much as they can, so then the students can understand their major for what they are going for and what to expect for them to learn in each of their classes. I like how the school is in one huge building and it looks organize by staffs plus the classes.

Artagerges

I am Drill Sergeant Dávila Artagerges US ARMY, ARMY STRONG (retired). You will notice differences from my review to most posted and one of them is that I do not hide my identity, Florida Technical College (Kissimmee campus) has been bombarded with ridiculous reviews from unhappy students and Professors. I will admit that there has been discrepancies from management that has trickled all the way down and affected students, discrepancies that should been omitted with proper management of time and personnel. When people don’t have things done their way it is easier for them to turn around and disgrace reputations and why not? that is the easiest way but also the wrong way. I had fellow Veterans who faced problems with there GI BILL payments due to the fact of poor diligence and it should not ever happen at all and also Instructors that can do better time and dedication for their students and that should always be upper most in their mind. I am not excusing FTC for negligence committed, they put themselves in certain situations all by their dam selfs, my point is that FTC has great potential to expand and grow further more, there is always room for improvements and now under NUC the future seems to be set for better sights. I finished my Bachelors in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security and in most occasions it has been challenging but could not be possible without great faculty and staff that gave me their support. Dr. Rios and Dr. Alkhatib where significant Professors who help me further my education, I also will carry with me great educational moments and experience from Prof. Narvaez, Prof. Escabi and Prof. Olmo. These three professors I call my Guardian Angels, they always gave me their unconditional support and for that I will always be in debt with them. FTC is a college that if you start it you must finish it. I studied at the Allied School, Caribbean University, American University and Universidad Interamericana all in Puerto Rico and it wasn’t easy for me. When the Governor activated the Puerto Rico National Guard in a Joint Task Force with the state police I worked for seven days a week, 12 to 14 hours night shift for five consecutive years and day time I attended 12 credit per semester on the colleges mentioned above. Stop crying that you work and study, I’ve been there and done that, I know what sacrifice tastes like, it’s a bitter sour flavor and hard to swallow. If you are a student enrolled in FTC without proper management of you’re personal time then yes, you should stop studying for the benefit of you’re health and if you are a Professor or staff and don’t see a better future then leave but don’t go online writing ridiculous reviews just because life is not spinning in the direction that you expected. Tough up and stop crying, pull you’re head from where the sun doesn’t shine and learn to be resilient and prepare a better plan of execution. FTC Professors lived harsh times through their life’s to be where they are today, Masters and Doctors degrees doesn’t come in magic box, how the hell did they made it if it didn’t took them sacrifices and hard work. I know it is not easy but also not impossible. FTC offers one class a month, four hours a day or evening for four days a week and we still have people complaining, ridiculous. I ain’t soft like that, never been never will be. Never put yourself in a situation that you cannot pull you’re self away from. Don’t give those appointed over you the power, the authority to take away from you that what you have earned with hard work and if these words are to complicated to comprehend, here I have my “Barney” version; Don’t do stupid crap. This is Drill Sergeant Dávila, US ARMY, ARMY STRONG, signing out.

Perla

Florida Technical College has a great environment the classes are not too crowded and the teachers are always willing to help you with any difficulty in the material even after class. You need your student smart identification card to enter the campus and it gives a good sense of security but the breaks and available food is not that great even so it has been a pleasant experience.

Desiree

They are a great school who is ready to help its students with anything. They are willing to help teach anyone how to study correctly to be effective learners, help students find the best payment options, help students find jobs and internships, and much more. The staff are very kind to everyone and this college is great for anyone looking to attend a small college.

Grace

The Miami Herald published that Florida Technical College paid $600,000 in a court settlement for registering 27 students with no high school diploma or GED. Since then it was noticeable that changes was occurring; new students with less uniforms, staff passing out Chrome note tablet instead of the usual Apple I-pads, great full time Professors leaving which a few good are left but now all Professors are called Instructors. When asked about the changes, faculty and staff replied that they were going in a “restructure phase” which in the world of business means (someone messed up, and we are all screwed). Now, I’ve been reading other review websites where a female student wrote about the Kissimmee campus welding instructor visiting the business Instructor during class and explains how that she (the business Instructor) is so flirty, smiley with hugs and kisses with the welding Instructor and about that we all must stop and analyze culture. Hispanic culture is very rich in expressions and emotions and I learned that by nature and nurture they are very sincere when it comes to friendship. It is admirable how hispanics from different countries meet for the first time and within minutes they interact like if they where born and raised together. I studied in the Kissimmee campus and in my class we all noticed that indeed the welding Instructor used to come during class to either drop of or pick up something, also the business Professor used to give us 20 to 30 minutes break and in occasions she was late which we didn’t mind. Hispanic culture are very warm when greeting and most Hispanic Professors, faculty and staff are communicative in that manner and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that however, I studied business in the Kissimmee campus and I learned about business ethics, corporate conduct, organization behavior to include moral and values. In big corporation this type of conduct is considered fraternizing and is unacceptable. Unfortunately rational human observe an act and conclude with negative perception. I finished my associates degree in May 2018 and for everyone involved with Florida Technical College, my best wishes and good fortune.

margaret

The staff is very friendly and ready to help anyone as soon as they can. The are very aspiring to myself futhering my education and I am glad that I choose their school.

Brianna

Florida Technical College is a college that's awesome if you prefer either online curriculum or on campus and face to face. The professors are easy to get access to and they have either afternoon or morning available to fit your needs and schedule. They also have access to laptops if needed for online college courses.

Shantele

The school have small class sizes and staff is always willing to help. Career advisors are easy to talk to, and helpful when it comes to helping a current or previous student find a job. So far the school has exceeded my expectations. I hope it remains that way over the next two years!

Malieka

My overall opinion of Florida Technical College is that it’s a great school and I absolutely love it! They’re so involved in school activities and your academic work. There’s ALWAYS someone there to assist you with whatever problems or troubles you’re having. They’re very outgoing and understanding