Los Altos Hills, CA
Foothill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Foothill College

I attended Monta Vista HIgh School and they prepared me a lot for college, almost to the point of being scared that college was going to be too hard. However, now after being in college for approximately three years I would tell myself not to worry. It sometimes seems that college is easier than high school. Now in college there is a passion for what classes I am taking. Once there is that interest and freedom it doesn't make school seem like a bad thing but rather something I look forword to. There was not a huge change in the transition from high school to college which most of the people I talked to said there would be. My high school prepared me for college very well. Overall talking to my high school senior self I would basically say relax everything is going to be okay, make the most of all the experience that are coming, and remember that if something does not work out you can always try again, it is not the end of the world.

Anyone. This college is for everyone, they accomodate to everyone. As long as someone has the passion and motivation to attend school and do well Foothill College will be there to help.

Kelsey

Dearest self, I know you are planning on attending college soon and that you are nervous and excited. Believe me (which shouldn't be too hard to do since, after all, I am you) college is so much fun. There are just a couple words of advice I have for you to make it an even better experience. First, learn to manage your time well now. This will help you so much. Making time for classes, homework, work, friends, and everyday activities like eating and laundry can be tricky but if you practice (remember what mom would always say, "Practice makes perfect") now it will help make college such a better experience and provide less stress. Be careful on what you spend time on. Time is precious, don't waste it. Also, don't be afraid to be more out going. I know you have a tendency to be shy and reserved but that is not always the best way to be. Be bold, be yourself, and get out there to meet new people, see new places, have new experiences, and learn new things. Good luck-I know you'll do great! Sincerely, Yours truely-me!

Suzanne

Foothill is one of few community colleges that runs on the quarter system. This means students have a much smoother transition from community college to university. The faculty and staff here is also great. Everyone is here to help, they want to see students happy and succesful. The variety of courses here is unique as well. Students can obtain degrees in anything from graphic design to vetrinary technology. The transfer rate here is also very high.

The mistake I made before entering college was researching the area around the schools I applied to, and underestimating my own abilities. I did a lot of searching and discovering within the campus life but I had no idea what the surroundings were like. I would have to tell myself to consider all options. Including the posibility of living off campus and what that would mean to my succes as a student. I would tell myself about my experience when I got to the school I though I wanted to go to. How I had to live off campus, alone, in an uncomfortable, and rather unsafe area. Then I would tell myself how great I am doing now at a college I never even considered going to. All the wonderful experiences I have had and the great people I have met. I would share my succeses to prove to my high school self that i am capable of anything and to aim as high as I can imagine. To not settle for average!

This school is not meant for people looking to party and slack off. Both the instructors and students are serious about the quality of education. However, we know how to have a good time. There are a variety of campus events and clubs. Everyone is bound to find a place to fit in here.

Hellene

As a senior in high school I would like to assure my self that college is not as hard as people might think it is. By allowing my self to get the guidance of a counselor and creating a map to follow about the classes and requirements I need to fulfill for my future carrear I will take my studies quarter by quarter, or semester by semester and concentrate on the present class knowing that I have a schedule of classes to follow on the upcoming quarters and every school quarter will be closer to my dream.

Foothill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.