Houston, TX
Fortis College-Houston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fortis College-Houston

DENISE

Our school is known for all the different types of programs that they offer. Most of these programs take less than a year to finish. The programs that they offer are Licensed Vocational Nurse, Medical Assistant, Surgical Technology, Sterlie Processing Technician, and Medical Billing/ Coding Specialist. I also think that our school is know for the supporting staff. I know that the nursing program has great teachers that are always willing to help their students. They take the time because they want to see their students to succeed.

"Life is like the waves at the beach...they come and go, so i say this: times will get rough, whether it's over a boy, having problems with friends, or going through tough times with your family. Things do get better. I know you take things to heart, and you let your world fall apart when things happen. Just stay with it, and no matter what don't quit school (or anything you wish to accomplish). When life happens, and you can't concentrate in school, find someone you can talk to, so you can vent. Because, once you cannot concentrate in school, you'll see your grades drop, and you'll want to drop classes because you can't make the grade. Soon, you will find yourself working minimum wage jobs, and you are not very happy. It takes awhile to get back on our feet, so let's skip all this and swim against the waves of life."

Medvance Institute is a great school to get hands on experience. The school has many programs you can choose from. I choose the Licensed Vocational Nursing program. First, they teach us the material in class. Next, we take what we learn in class and apply it in the skills lab with mannequins. Then we get to apply what we learned in skills to the real world at different clinical sites. We were out in the field by the second month of attending school. It's so exciting!

Brittney

If I could turn back the hands of time and revist my senior year of high school to transition myself for college I definetly would. My senior year was a blessing and filled with joy because I graduated a year early than I was suppose to. I was popular for being head cheerleader and known for being the girl who went from tenth grade to twelth grade. Instead of keeping up with history, progressing my algebra skills, and introducing my brain to studies that might benefit me with my major! Being head cheerleader required a lot of practice and senior parties. I was so caught up in being popular at my school that studying for college and preparing my brain for all the obstacles and trials never crossed my brain not even once! All I knew my senior year was that I was accepted into a university and that my parents were proud! Which is what most seniors care about during their senior year; but trying to study a little more often not only for my self but for my field of study as well is what I shoud've added to my list of care abouts!

The best thing about my school is the intership that the institue sets up for each student towards the end of their program. The internship that is set up for the students doesn't only give them hands on training, but the internship site also has the opportunity to hire that student if they like the work that the student perform. So, not only do you graduate with a certification but also with a career; and that is something magnificent!

What I brag about most when I'm telling a friend about my school is, how exciting it is to graduate in eight in a half months! My school is just like a university/college except we have instructors that are doctors, nurses, etc. Learning from a text book is not all we do here at MedVance Institute. We practice what we study on dummies that the school provides. Also, at MedVance we get the opportunity to go on an internship that is in our area and practice our field of study with real doctors!

• $0

Fortis College-Houston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.