Franklin College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Franklin College

Carmyn

I attended Franklin College 2 years, at first I loved the people most of my teachers and just loved the over all experience I received at Franklin. But, as I got older the true face of Franklin college became hard to miss. First of all, they are loyal to their teachers, even if they are bad teachers. Which is great for the teachers but horrible for students. Also if you weren't in a sport you were more or less considered an outcast, the arts people were great as well but they are very few and far between and the college gives little to no funding to the arts programs. One great thing is that if you wish to study abroad while you are at Franklin College they always have those types of opportunities available more than once a year. But most importantly is this right now Franklin college is getting sued! Because a teacher offered scholarships that don't even exist so a student is suing for the money she was promised. They will make you a lot of promises on a visit, for example, when I was on my visit I was told by the person who was giving me my tour that they were currently trying to get a marching band together which was a big deal to me in high school. It has four years since my first visit to Franklin College, still no marching band and they are actually taking away funding for a choir program. So basically, do your research before you commit to one college for four years.

Kiera

Since it is a small campus, it is easy to get involved on campus. You get to know everyone very well, including your professors, creating tight-knit community. Some professors you get to know on a first name basis. If you want to go to a college where you are not just a number, I recommend Franklin.

Victoria

I personally love my school and the community here. The professors truly care about you and are super willing to help and guide you academically. If you're looking for a small, close-knit community of students and faculty who truly care about, this is the place to go. And being only 30 mins. south of Indianapolis doesn't hurt either.

Lindsey

Franklin is a school based on the community. Wherever you go, there is always someone there with a smile and ready to be of assistance. Even when there are disagreements, as students, we we work them out maturely. In addition, the size of campus emphasizes the feel of home so the students are relaxed, especially during exam season. I love how faculty and peers look out for others within the community.

Holyn

I love it! There are so many opportunities on and off campus. Franklin does a great job of helping student find what they want to do and help them plan for the future. The professors are also always there to help and get to know you so you will feel comfortable going to them for anything. Franklin also has many opportunities to get involved and meet new people. It is a great environment to learn and it is a home away from home!

Masey

Franklin College is ideal fro many students. Franklin College allows you to have extra help in the classroom through mentor sessions or even directly through your professor. We have many opportunities to get involved and a variety of events on campus.

Claire

Franklin has given me many opportunities in my area of study (Athletic Training). I have no concerns after graduating here and being able to find a job or go to graduate school or be involved in my career field.

Loren

Franklin College has provided numerous opportunities for me to network and practice my future career as a teacher. I have worked in several school districts and been able to practice what I am taught in a real-world experience. I feel very prepared for my future career.

Jake

I am extremely happy with my decision to attend Franklin College! It's the best place for me. I am involved in sports and have made a lot of friends. It's a place where I feel safe and can find help if I need it. I know I am getting a great education and will be prepared for a career.

Abbigail

I love the school! The teachers are all for you and they are very accessible. There are many activities to do around campus, but not always very fun. They are working to improve the social aspect of the school. I love the small class sizes. The food is not fantastic but it is doable for about the first semester.

Jamison

I love Franklin College. I chose to come here because I believe that this place will best prepare me for my future when I become a teacher. There are plenty of networking opportunities and classroom experiences to prepare me for my future career field.

Heath

I love Franklin! It is one of the biggest and best decisions I have ever made. The people here are wonderful and the professors want to see you succeed while you are here. Plenty of opportunities to get ahead of the curve here at Franklin.

Mallory

I love Franklin College! The professors are incredible, the community is safe and welcoming, and the students are unique and friendly! FC helped me choose the perfect career path for me by setting me up with an internship at a hospital. We're also special in that we're in a small town, but Indianapolis is only 30 minutes away. If I could go back and do it all again, I would choose Franklin every time!

Krista

It's beautiful, even on rainy days. It just makes you happy as you walk from class to class. Great dorms, great college events... A LOT of college events. This coming from a commuter! I love it here!

I love Franklin College. It is were I have always felt at home. I have personal connections with my professors and the school spirit is amazing! I always see alumnus at our school games. I couldn't see myself attending anywhere else for my undergraduate degree!

I love the school. Beautiful campus. I transferred there this past year and it's changed me for the better! I was a sophomore and took the chance to transfer from a community college to a private four-year university, and it has been hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. i lived on campus in a dorm for the first time, joined a sorority, and met a lot of amazing people!

Kenzie

I absolutely love Franklin College. Campus feels like one giant family. The close-knit environment allows me to not only feel comfortable going to my professors for help but also to be held accountable for the work that I do. Franklin has allowed me to explore fields outside of my major and become a more well-rounded individual. The classwork is rigorous, yet applicable to the real world, allowing me to be better prepared for the graduate school admissions process or beginning my career after graduation.

Meghan

Franklin's 15:1 students professor ratio really creates an individualized learning environment. Professors are dedicated to helping you succeed! Between campus organizations, athletics, and Greek life, there is something for everyone! If you're looking for a small college experience, Franklin is sure to offer a valuable education.

delaney

Franklin College is a great environment for learning and for getting involved. There are multiple sports, clubs, and their is greek life to get involved in. I always feel accepted by my classmates and the girls in my sorority. I feel that most of the students on campus know each other and are friends which helps the environment feel more like home. The education program is one of the best in Indiana and there is a 100 percent guarantee students will be offered a job after graduation. I could not think of a better fit for a college for me.

Paige

Franklin College has given me the opportunity to excel in my area of study. Through internships, I have discovered what I want to do after Franklin and with the rest of my life. Franklin has prepared me for my future.

Munashe

Franklin College provides intimate campus. I like the support the faculty and staff provide . They are always available and ready to step up to help students succeed in their endeavors. At Franklin we are challenged to be life long learners so that we are prepared for the ever changing job market. We are encourage to engage in conversations about uncomfortable topics so that we become better diverse citizens, who respect other people's opinions and theirs.

Hailey

Franklin college is by far my favorite college. From welcome week to football games and greek life there is always something to enjoy at Franklin, and with 1,000 students and a community setting, it feels like home. Everyone should come to visit the campus and see what being a grizzly is like.

Cayla

Franklin College in Franklin, Indiana is an adequate liberal arts institution that provides students with a plethora of job and academic opportunities. The school is closed-knit and preaches diversity and the meaning of family. Relationships with teachers and various staff are easy to make and are they extremely supportive and motivated to help the students rise to their best potential. Although food and facilities are a bit old-fashioned and unappealing the quality of the staff and students are unbeatable. I am proud to be a GRIZ!

Jade

I love the smaller College, it makes the classroom have more hands on and I feel like you learn more. I enjoy getting up everyday to learn thanks to Franklin. The professors are always around to answer questions. I enjoy the overall experience with this College.

Haylee

Franklin is overall a great college; the academics are above and beyond, and the professors are amazing. However, the campus housing is okay at best and the food is usually subpar. The only huge complaint that I have is that Franklin just spent 4 million dollars on a new science center and fancy new technology for it, but the other departments still have clunky old computers and chalk boards.

Emiley

Franklin college is a small private school in a good location. It is a community atmosphere at all times. The classes are small so the professors get a 1 on 1 relationship with each student and they care about the students' success. I do not like the cost because, its a lot of money but also they aren't using the money for the right projects. Some of our resources, such as the library, are very outdated.

Noah

I enjoy the school quite a bit, there are somethings that I would change but they are very minor things. These things include more tutor opportunities and also available times in which a class is offered. The school and the education in which I am receiving are very well structure and I am very happy with my school of choice.

Andrew

For as much as this place liked to emphasize that their college was “different” from all the others; its interview process is really just the same as everybody else. Rather lacking and disappointing. First I was invited for the interview and they did not offer any compensation. I took two days of work, drove a 6-7 hr round trip, stayed in a hotel for two nights plus the cost of gas and food. I was then scheduled for a 4 hr interview for the position of graphic and web designer. Interview started with director of marketing, director of admissions, then panel interview. During the interview person after person kept stating how special Franklin was compared to other big schools. After the interview did not hear anything back, they ended up hiring from within. Seems like a complete waste of time. Be wary that you might need to foot the bill, also they do not have a lot of clarity regarding what they are looking for in an ideal candidate, HR had no sense whatsoever of where they were the hiring process timeline. If you have other offers on the table, take them before you wait on Franklin. High possibility you could be left hanging. Lastly there was a lot of emphasis on “close knit community” which can be a double edged sword. So then it behooves me to say that nepotism may be an issue you encounter when applying for any position at franklin as an “outsider.”

Franklin College is located in a small suburb thirty minutes south of Indianapolis. This location gives it the best of both worlds. Campus is small and welcoming. A student can cross from one end of the campus to the other end in less than ten minutes. There are frequent events to attend while also supporting a rigorous academic environment. My favorite dorm was one that had specific rules to ensure a quiet studying environment. Some of my friends were able to secure on-campus apartments that allowed a more independent experience and they really enjoyed it. Yet campus is also close enough to downtown to enjoy the amenities a city offers. Downtown Indianapolis has a few theatres, professional sports events, restaurants, museums, and a zoo. Franklin College offered many opportunities for social, academic, and professional development. There are plenty of sports teams and Greek life is present and active without being overwhelming to someone who wasn’t involved, like me. I participated in the theatre program, which gave me ample opportunities to participate in all faucets of theatre. I acted, directed, designed, and stage managed main stage and student productions consistently and constantly through out my undergraduate experience. A requirement for graduation is an internship. I was able to work with a theatre company in Stratford, Ontario that better prepared me for my professional theatre work in Chicago, IL. The professors at Franklin work extremely hard to support and push their students. Even as a freshman, classes were no more than twenty and by my senior year, classes were frequently five or six students. These ratios allowed to professors to really get to know students and encourage their strengths and support their weaknesses. Being able to go to office hours and get guidance specifically for me was incredibly important in developing my writing, researching, and critical thinking skills. This close relationship also meant I could approach professors about pursuing new opportunities. My senior year, I directed a new play that was completely student written and produced, which had never been done before. At a larger campus, this experience would not have been possible and it was by far one of the most important and formative experience of my undergraduate studies. Franklin College does have its negatives. The school is very expensive. Tuition and room and board are incredibly expensive, even with financial aid. For a campus without access to public transportation, it’s obscene that students must pay for parking. The administration and counselors aren’t trained to help students deal with mental help issues. I’ve had many friends treated poorly by adults that don’t seem to understand how to help students with serious mental health issues. Our group of friends had to do several things that young adults aren’t equipped to do just to keep our friends safe and alive. Overall, I would rate this school four out of 5 stars. I had a generally good experience and feel like I learned a lot of important skills for my career and life.

Elijah

Franklin college is a wonderful campus where you can receive a very diverse meaning of the environment around you. Everyone for the most part is friendly and being a small campus the professors truly care. I personally have had an amazing experience attending Franklin College and would suggest the school to any athlete who is looking for a small college.