Fresno, CA
Fresno City College

Melissa

I think Fresno City College is perfect for those who want vocational training or those who need a stepping stone to transfer to a University. It is amazing for nursing students because of the wonderful nursing program they have but for this day and age getting just an Associate's Degree is not going to cut it. The school is in a sketchy neighborhood and the parking lots are not safe sometimes especially at night. Unless you have priority registration, it is extremely difficult to get into the classes you need and there is NEVER parking available. However, the education is good in order to better your life and hopefully move up on the education ladder.

Peggy

Fresno City College is a great school! There are many programs for students to choose from. I am in the nursing program and I am very impressed with the program and its instructors! This program has been in place for many years! They are all very professional and care about their students.

Alicia

Fresno City College is a fairly good school, they have an excellent nursing program. Outside of having some teachers who don't know how to teach and cigarette smokers who lack respect for those who don't smoke and fail to use designated smoking areas, Fresno City College is a good school. If you are looking to your general education over with without spending a lot of money, this is the place to go .

kyle

It has great teachers, facilities, and class sizes. Nearly all of the teachers are available if a student seeks them out, and they are very helpful with problems in and out of the classroom. The parking situation is awful. At 10:00 AM it may take 30 minutes just to find a parking spot, so you have to show up early!

Philip

Fresno City College feels like it is at odds with itself. It has an excellent reputation for a 2-year college, and it has many career-based opportunities beyond what a 4-year university would ever be able to provide. The majority of the staff (teaching and otherwise) I've encounters are enthusiastic and interested in what they do, and often have relevant experience. The college has even recently added the requirement that teaching staff have master's degrees in a relevant field. However, as a non-traditional student with career experience and many units from other schools, I see a side of it where rules set by the college discourage the application of previous classes and experience toward accepted course credit. Also, the mandatory academic advisement can be difficult to navigate because different advisors can give conflicting information or leave out important details. That said, everyone has always been as helpful as they are able and I'm now well on my way to my Associate Degree.

bernice

I think it is a pretty cool school that would be really interesting to me and that they have the classes i would really like to take.

Destiny

Fresno City College is a good school for those who want their basic or general needs for an education, As for an aspiring art student, not much can be found on the school grounds other than its fundamentals. Other than the school lacking some classes, not just from art students, but for other fields of interest, there isn't much for you to find other than covering your basic needs to move on.

Natalie
Beautiful campus, but go down the road.

Beautiful campus, but go down the road.

The historic campus at Fresno City College is one of the best parts of this place. And there are professors who will care about you, but the student population is not driven in the least. If you are intending to transfer to a four year university, make the trip over to Willow/Clovis.

Mercedes

Many of my classmates are determined and knowledgeable in their career goals.

Many of my classmates are determined and knowledgeable in their career goals.

Four years ago I was a senior at Central High School, little did I know how much college would help evolve me to become a woman with knowledge. When I reflect upon myself in the past years I have come to understand that failure was not an option, but a choice. If I had the power to go back to my senior year of high school, I would provide myself a sense of direction in order to achieve my struggles with math. My first step would be to inform myself that I needed assistance from a tutor and to spend quality time studying and practicing. For step two, I would then question my instructor for any misunderstood math problems that I do not understand. Last but not least, to tell myself to not be discouraged and to believe that I could achieve. Four years later I took these steps and applied them to my studies in college and with hard work I was rewarded by passing my math courses. In the end I do not look at this as a failure, I view it as a way of showing that you can do anything if you work hard at it.

The kind of person who should attend this school, is anyone who feels the need to complete a course that is not provided in certain colleges, or if they are looking into furthering into a program in the school. However, I feel that this school is open to everyone who is willing to try and further their education.

Antonisha

The best way I can discribe my classmates is a large melting pot, there's a little bit of every king of person.

The cost of Fresno City is a lt cheaper than most schools. As well there are a good amount of night and web classes which makes it easier to work and go to school.

To my younger self I'd have these words to say, life after high school is not a game. It's easy to maintain the level your at and even surpass it but it's hard to dig yourself out of a whole. Develope good stuy habits now. Learn now to be organzied and a good manager of time. You won't always have someone there constantly reminding you what needs to be done and when its due. Take resposiblitly for yourself. Above all stay on top of not only your school work but your personal life as well. Do your best to maintain a healthy balance. It means nothing to do well in school but be misserable on a personal level. It also does nothing to have a great personal life but fell in your studies. There has to be balance. Lastly be organzied. Lastly just be yourself. Don't change for anyone. Your a great person and your going to do something amazing with you life.

Fresno City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.