Georgia Highlands College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Georgia Highlands College

Mikenzie

I think Georgia Highlands is a great college especially for those who are looking for a good education while still being affordable. I only take online classes to fit my personal schedule however they always have events going on and I have been to the campus which is really nice. The professors that I have had so far respond fairly quick whenever I have a question and have reasonable office hours if I ever do need to get into contact with them.

Diana

It is a great college and very affordable. They have the same options as any four year school without the high prices and large classrooms. The professors are always available when they are needed. You do not feel like a number when you are there, but instead you feel like your are amongst family.

Jaz

I really love the school because there is always someone to help and guide you whenever you need it. No matter what the staff at GA Highlands immediately makes you feel like family. The students are super nice as well and it's really easy to meet someone you connect with!

redapple

Fantastic school. Friendly staff.

Elsy

I love Georgia Highlands College. It was not my first choice when applying for schools but i was not ready to move away from home. I met some really amazing people and they have great professors that care. There are faculty/ staff there that are willing to help you every step of the way.

Jalen

Georgia Highlands is a great college to start out at. The faculty and staff serious about education and support you in and out of the classroom. There are many interesting groups and clubs to join and there are also opportunities for anyone to start their own club if they desire.

Sally

It is an awesome two year state school to start at if you want to save money and then transfer to a four year school. It doesn't have dining, housing or drug/alcohol problems. It has multiple, convenient campus locations throughout Cobb, Paulding, Douglas, Bartow and Floyd counties. I like the small atmosphere and class size. It has adequate internet access, library and plenty of computers to complete your work. I don't like that at the Cartersville campus in Bartow County has a building with too much of an open concept. You can't make any noise or have any type of fun in the first floor gathering area without disturbing the library on the third floor. The teachers were always accessible. Classes are offered in a variety of formats-online, in person or by DVD. The DVD is my favorite where lectures are provided on a disk and you watch them at your convenience, on your schedule. The PE classes can be setup as self-study if the teacher and department agree. I was able to go at my own pace and finish in 16 months after starting. I went to finish my 2 year degree after determining that a 4 year degree was not for me. I have been very pleased with the follow-up help offered after graduation to be able to find jobs.

Kerri

During my time at GHC, I enjoyed every moment. The class sizes are small and the professors truly care. Now I go to a larger university and I can't help but miss the smaller, more personal feel that Georgia Highlands has to offer. I always felt comfortable at GHC and there was always someone around to help if need be.

Michala

Overall my college is wonderful! All of our campuses are beautiful and are the perfect size for a college freshman that is nervous and anxious about classes. The classroom sizes offer the professor more time to have one on one time with the students and the professor prove everyday through their lecture that they love what they do and really care about your educational outcome at Georgia Highlands!

Mercedes

I love Georgia Highlands College! All of my teachers are available during their specified office hours but you can also make an appointment outside of those hours. The students that I have gotten a chance to work with are all there to make good grades and it's just a great place to learn!

tristen

I do not really know what to say because I was a dual enrollment student and have only been to campus a few times, however every time I was on campus I was greeted by friendly faces. I had trouble contacting the math dean and she was not very helpful unless she was in my class in person. My English teacher was great though and I don’t really know how to respond to the drug or alcohol question because I know people who do both that attend but I don’t know about the overall population

Grace

It's a great community college to get your basics out of the way. Paulding campus feels like a small family. Professors are usually awesome and it's easy to find out which professors went by just asking around. Friendly students and staff varying in all ages. Vending machines are usually broken though.

Arayah

I love this school. I took a tour twice from the Marietta campus which is the one I will be attending. I also was given the chance to talk to some facility members and they gave me some great advice for starting in the fall semester. I think that Georgia highlands is the best option for me especially coming from a home school environment. I may not be ready to jump into a big university and they totally understand that. The only problem i would see with this school is the administration getting documents processed and back to you faster. I won’t do too much complaining since their are so many kids that go but it is something I wish that was fixed. Other than that the campus life is good and quiet which I love. The area is somewhere you’d want to send your child, they have security who cares and makes sure that you get to your dorm safe at night. I think I will thrive in this school! So excited to start my semester.

Esther

The academics at GHC is pretty thorough and fairly difficult, no easy As. You are well prepared for whatever next steps you take. However, they are often disorganized and difficult to work with. It's a mixed bag. There are lots of extra fees that don't apply to most students or are completely unnecessary, which is extremely frustrating, but overall tuition is somewhat reasonable. It is a beautiful campus with lots of places to study and a walking trail which is nice to stretch your legs in between classes. The cafeteria closes early and only serves the athletes supper. Not sure why they can't sell to everyone. Only two fast food restaurants near enough to grab something quickly, Hardees and Subway...gets old fast.

Anna-Marie

I can not even begin to explain what an amazing experience GHC has been! I have had great experiences with the faculty and students. I will say this, GHC is not a party school. You go to GHC to learn in an amazing environment, not to party. The campus is beautiful, too! You will learn a lot, feel safe and comfortable, and all for a GREAT price.

John

I go to the Douglasville campus. It is a great place to learn. Professors are available almost 24/7, and they know your name. But it is a very small campus with no cafeteria but I don't mind because of all the food options surrounding. If I had to improve one thing about this campus, I wouldn't know what to improve. The price is great and you have all the resources you need to learn and the staff is great.

Jillian

Georgia Highlands is a fantastic school. It is not as expensive as other four-year colleges and it is close to home for me. The class sizes are smaller than other colleges as well and this makes for a stronger personal relationship with faculty. In my opinion, that can make or break a college experience. I am thankful that my professors make themselves available and make it a priority to get to know us as students. Furthermore, there are plenty of opportunities for students to get involved on campus. I, myself, got involved with the student newspaper, The Six Mile Post. The only negative thing, in my opinion, is that Georgia Highlands sadly does not offer a four-year degree for every major. If it weren't for that fact, I would be finishing my bachelor degree there. That being said, my overall opinion of Georgia Highlands is that it is a great institution and I would recommend it to any graduating high schooler in the general area.

Juan

Its a very clean, organized and comfortable facility to learn about what interest us the students. Highlands is very open to help and there's a little bit for everyone. professors have been nothing but cooperative, there for having more confidence in class. The school offers great dorms and is in a fantastic location, making it accessible to many great things. In my opinion i have to say i am very satisfied with what GHC has offered me.

Emmalee

Georgia highlands college is a great school if you want to be in a smaller setting. Classes range from 13-30 students, the professors are very accessible if you need help or anything. There is a tutor center with people who have taken the classes and/or those who major in that subject. I have been here for two years and I loved it and the opportunities I have had.

Brandy

This is the my first year at GHC. My first year experience was great! Overall my opinion about this school is that it is a safe place to attend. At a low cost anyone can attend here and pursue their dream career.

Tayler

I enjoy attending Highlands a lot, and really appreciate the small class sizes. Most of the professors are nice and willing to work with their students. I have been attending for almost 2 years and have only had one professor I did not like. Office hours usually depend on the teacher but most of the time you have plenty opportunities to meet with your teachers. I have attended classes on Cartersville and Marietta campuses and Cartersville is awesome!