Greenfield, MA
Greenfield Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Greenfield Community College

Aidan

Greenfield Community College is a high rate community college with an accessible staff and developed community. The professors are well qualified and dedicated to their students. While the students are diverse in both backgrounds and age range, creating a space for acculturation and maturation.

Devin

i love gcc.

i love gcc.

Greenfield Community College is a good school in a beautiful area. The Outdoor Leadership Program in particular is exceptional - it is the only yearlong program of its kind that is accredited by the Association of Experiential Education that prepares a select group of individuals to be high-quality outdoor professionals. By being immersed in various seasonal terrain students develop practical leadership beyond technical skills. Decision making, personal and interpersonal understanding, group development and communication are at the core of OLP from day one. Unlike other certification programs, which are spread out and separated by subject, OLP maintains a core group for the duration of the program. This allows students to invest time into real bonds a shorter program could not foster. By truly getting to know each other as complex individuals over time students comprehend one another’s whole character and thus the ability to help each other move towards their best selves.Greenfield Community College is a great school with incredible offerings.

Perhaps, like many community colleges, that students are less academically focused. I do not think this is the case - these folks either didn't have money for a fancy school with a name-brand degree or they let life happen organically, either beginning or adding academic subjects later in life.

virginia

A very community involve, inclusive place to be where teachers have chosen to come teach.

A diverse population of many ages who all want to be there.

I would tell my high school self to go full speed ahead. There is no reason to be self conscious or intimidated. Learn because you want to learn not because you don't know what else to do. Weigh all the options and choose what will make you truely happy and excited. As someone who was a horrible test taker I decided to not take the SAT's and to then go to community college which would allow me to transfer without actually having a SAT score. This may have been a bad choice, I'm still not sure. It did give me real life experience. Which without that experience I doubt I would be where I am now. The best advice I could give is to know yourself and make decision that are true to you even if you have to make them alone. It can be really scary to be making a life changing choice by yourself but nobody knows you better then you.

Andrea

I like that GCC is in a quiet area. It is also very visually attractive for a community college and has a great atmosphere. Everyone so far has been very friendly and helpful. It is also great that they serve local food in the cafeteria.

I would tell myself to work hard and not get discouraged by anyone or anything. College sets you up for your adult life in many ways, socially, intellectually, and financially. You need to pick a career that you not only enjoy but that will make you enough money to live the life you want. Also pick a career where you can grow and learn, you don't want to be bored in five years counting down until retirement.

They should offer more online classes or hybrid classes.

Melissa

A small comfortable campus and great teachers.

A small comfortable campus and great teachers.

I did not consider other schools, this was the closest to my home. There was a large state school and I choose not to consider it because of the size(too big for me, like a small city).

I did not make a conscious decision to delay college until I was older, but that is what ended up happening. I am glad I did not go to college while I was a teenager, as I feel that there is much I would not have had the perspective to appreciate, but I do wish that I didn't wait so long to begin. I was so intimidated by the idea of approaching the huge bureaucracy, and I did not have any help from friends or family that had already been through the registration process. I would definitely tell my younger self that it's really not so hard, and once you make the first step it is sort of like stepping into a river with a strong current, it just sort of carries you along to the next step and the one after that. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is so true, all you have to do is take the first step and before you know it you will have already finished your first year of college.

The location and classes offered are what really led me to this college. It is a great school that both of my parents had attended and really is great with my work schedule. I am able to take weekend and night classes to further my education and am looking at finishing prerequisites here in order to transfer to another school to finish a dental hygiene degree/

After having such a hard time with coming up with funding for my education, I would have started at a local community college and then moved onto a four year college. I had taken time off from college after my move from Utah to Massachusetts because I was not financially prepared for my new home I was renting, my new job and having enough money to continue college. I have been trying since then to do what I can to continue classes. From applying to grants and sholarships, to using tax money to go towards classes. I would have told myself that college and education is my top priority. That as long as I put my everything into school I will be able to finish and that planning ahead for school and saving a little each week would help me continue classes. "Balance is Key", which is somehting I have learned. Its hard to juggle a full time job, new marriage, new home and education, but can be done and is important. Never stop untill you are finished is the last advice I would give myself, even if it may seem really hard, it is the most important.

If you like having smaller classes with more personal help from your professor, this would be a great college choice for you. It offers not only day classes but also weekend and evening courses for those that have a full time job. This is a great school that has much to offer to an individual who is looking in starting their education and then transfering to a four year college or for someone who may be looking at getting a certificate.

If I could go back in time and talk to a much younger Samantha Anna Fabian, I would tell myself to be brave. I would tell myself to stop going along with the "in crowd" and take my last year seriously. I would remind myself that every single decision I am making at that moment in time, however minute it seems, can and WILL affect my life five, ten...even twenty years down the road. I would drill into my head the importance of putting my all into my schoolwork, because scholarships are important when I'm coming from a broken home with no money! I would tell myself that parties come and go, and that the BIGGEST high-school party of the year really isn't so big when I compare it to the rest of my life. I would say, "Samantha get your head out of the clouds, your transistion will be much easier if you pay attention and study. If you continue to work hard right until the end, you won't need to take a year off. Be smart and brave, you can do this if you work hard."

I wish I had known how great is was going to be. I actually didn't expect much from a Community College but after attending UMASS amherst, I am very happy with my decision.

One who decides to attend this school should be open-minded because it has a very diverse population of students. They should feel comfortable with a more initmate and close-knitted group of students as the classes are much smaller here.

William

If I could go back in time I would tell my self to listen to my parents when they tell you not wait until the last minute to start your homework. I have found that my tendencies to procrastinate are what make it harder to do well. I would tell myself to get my work done as soon as it is assigned; that way I would do a better job and get a better grade for it. Also, I would tell myself that my education is more important than other activites. As a member of the local fire department I found myself spending more time there then working on homework. Therefore, the most important thing I would have told myself is to get the work done before you do anything else and it will work out better in the end.

Someone looking to get an associates degree before transfering to a 4 year college.

Someone who thinks it's going to be easy because it is a community college. If you don't have the effort to put behind your own education you should not apply here.

Amy

Even though it's a community college there is a connection to everone. It is very small. There is a great tutoring program where students tutor students. It's completely free and yet the tutors are paid for their services.

In high school I got good grades and I was involed in clubs and activities. Scholasticly there is not really anything I would change about my high school career. I had my group of friends, which were great, but I was a pretty quiet person. I am a Christian and I feel that I could have been more open about my faith. I would encourage myself to not be afraid to talk about what you believe in, and to stand up for yourself. On a less personal level, and a more high school into college level, I would suggest to myself to fill out more scholarships. I would tell myself to start filling out scholarships earlier and more of them as well. I would also strongly encourage myself to get a job. I did not get a job until the summer I graduated from high school, and one of my greatest regrets is not getting one sooner. That summer was when I started getting the bills, although I still live with my parents; paying for gas, car insurence, going on a payment plan for college, as well as other miscellaneous expenses I did not have to think about until then.

I beleive that anyone could attend this college. The main issue is that it's a community college, and there for it makes more sense to be local to attend. Or to at least have friends or family nearby that one could live with. This college is very flexable and will help people be prepared for either furthering their education or going right into a job after graduation.

Greenfield Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.