El Cajon, CA
Grossmont College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grossmont College

Cassandra

Honestly, any kind of person should attend Grossmont College. There is something for everyone at this school, and the campus is very diverse! Because of the diversity, you get to meet so many different kinds of people and learn their story.

When I tell others about my school, I brag mostly about the amazing professors I have had the opportunity to be taught by. I am always giving teacher recommendations to others who attend my school.

Limited access to wifi throughout the campus! Some spots on campus, the wifi is awesome, an others, there's little or no connection.

At 37 weeks pregnant I take my first steps into class, what am I doing here! "it is never to late to start," my mothers word ring in my ears. I now have a 3 month old, a 4.0 and a drive to achieve more. I never thought it was possible to welcome a 17 year old, a marine, and a pregnant lady into a class, and empower each to achieve their all. Grossmont may not be in the swankiest part of California, or San Diego for that matter, but it is home to amazing faculty and students alike. Their deli sandwiches aren't so bad either.

Catherine

it was the couple of years I've experienced, the classes were small enough for one-on-one work with the professors, the campus and facilities are awesome, and the people are friendly and reliable.

Monique

It's alright for a community college, most students are here to just get their general ed. The classes aren't too big even when there are a lot of students most don't stay until the end. The food is alright the only real downside is the bookstore. It's alright and the staff there are nice it's just the prices, they only price match with certain cites so you're better off just buying off of amazon.

Lacy

This campus is amazing and has helped me grow as a person. I took a couple of extra years and I will be receiving 7 associates degrees, but all of the faculty helped me achieve my goals. The English department is stellar and Sydney Brown, who teaches English at all levels truly touches the lives of all of her students. There are many events each semester that hosts famous authors or poets and allows the students to read some of their own work. The campus is open to all walks of people and gives people with disabilities the help they need to succeed. I worked full time while taking classes, and it was accessible and completely doable. I feel ready to transfer with the help of my professors and amazing counselors (especially James Canady).

Meg

Grossmont college is an excellent learning environment, with excellent faculty and professional professors. My education has been greater at this community college than when I attended university. Cheaper than a state university- I would recommend it to any prospective student!

Morgan

It's a great school compared to other community colleges. I think they are very focused on helping those with disabilities or need specific counseling, however I don't feel that it challenges me as a more academically and career driven student.

I would tell myself to be okay when things don't go my way, and that it's okay to not know what's going to happen. You don't need to have everything planned out, because not everything is always going to go your way, but it'll all work out for your good in the long run.

I wish I had known that I wouldn't be able to take classes that were necessary for my major, and instead I had to focus on doing all of my general education requirements within the two years.

Desiree

I would describe my classmates as fun and great to work with.

I would describe my classmates as fun and great to work with.

The advice i would have given my high school self was to take the SAT more seriously. Also i would have told my high school self to apply for scholarships. The next piece of advice i would have given myself is to work just a litte bit harder in my AP courses to boost my GPA just a bit more.

What i wish i had know about grossmont college was how to balance sports and school at the same time. Also when tryouts were for each sport. In addition i wish i had known the deadlines for the scholarship program ahead of time.

Anna Ruth

To the perpetually scared 17 year old senior reading this letter, STOP. DO NOT BE SCARED. I wish you would understand that these things too, shall pass. I know you think you're not prepared, not ready, useless, haven't done anything and this adds to your never ending list of fears that have highly contributed to paralyzing yourself into doing anything worthwhile. Colleges will accept you. Five of them. You will live in California. That was your dream. Finances. You're scared. How, why, when, who? Community college. That's how. Use it as a guide. Don't complain. It will help you tremendously. You will look back and thank those high school-like professors. Friends. You will be betrayed. But at least now you know, don't let your guard down so easy. Abroad. You will get to travel. It won't end like the way you wanted it to. But you will get to go. Another dream accomplished. University. You will get accepted. You will start anew. Graduation. I know you will. Just as you'll graduate in May, you will again, though maybe a year later than your class. So, SMILE. Be calm. Be grateful. Breathe.

A person who can easily afford higher education shouldn't attend this school. While community college is a great help in aiding middle class students such as myself in easing my way into the college world, not only financially, but educationally, if you can avoid not to go through this step, it might be helpful to onto university right away. I only say that because of the consistenc that university might offer, but community college is a great preparation tool for anyone who doesn't feel up to par in their learning experience or finances.

On the flip side, community college has helped me tremendously in lowering the shock factor of transitioning from high school to college. Now, when I do transfer to university in the Spring, there is very little, if any, qualms left into making the best out of my learning experience. I am more determined to graduate and the best thing is, I am HALF less of how ever much I could have been in debt if I went to university right away.

Grossmont College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.