Gettysburg, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg

Alisha

Harrisburg Area Community College is a great college for just about anyone to start at. I had five gap years from high school to college and it is a really good fit for me. Everyone is extremely helpful. It is a cheaper school with the same great quality education. Some of the professors are even from other colleges near by so you're getting an even better education for a better cost! I love everything about this college.

Becca

Overall, HACC is a great place to start your education for it is financially affordable and classes are relatively small so it's nice to have that personal connection with your professor and peers. There is a variety of programs and majors for students to choose from as well as a handful of classes for students are just going for general studies. Credits are easily transferred to many other schools which makes the transferring process much more simple. For a student who took a year off after high school not knowing what I wanted to do with my future, I can easily say HACC was a great first step at my pursuing my dreams of working in mass communications and media studies.

Michele

Whoa! No college for you? I know you want to "start life" immediately but the four year investment in college will permanently change your life. Time goes by so quickly that in no time at all the four years of college will be but a memory. Because your parents can't help pay for college, I understand that you feel it is not an option financially. Go to the guidance department and educate yourself on the whole college process. You can probably get financial aid and loans are available. I know, you don't want to leave your boyfriend either. Being away from Gettysburg will help you discover who you really are and the potential you have. Believe me, you won't want your boyfriend after you learn to believe in yourself. The idea that you don't measure up to others and won't succeed simply isn't true. Just stay focused on your academics and you'll be fine. Aren't you in the first-quintile of your class without exerting any effort at all? College will transform you. You really don't want to wait twenty five years before you become independent and start believing in yourself.

Harrisburg Area Community College offers a quality education at affordable prices and convenient locations, but the best thing is that HACC stays very connected with students. The faculty wants students to succeed and the departments work together to see that this happens. To ensure students are on track, the advising department meets with students regularly. Caring professors are readily available to students. Students are encouraged to use HACC's learning center for tutoring needs, as well as to learn time management and study skills. HACC does just as well connecting with students on a non-academic level.

The education that I am receiving at Harrisburg Area Community College is equal to that of four year colleges at a fraction of the cost. HACC employs quality professors; many of whom also teach at four year institutions. Economically, incurring the least amount of school debt as possible is a wise choice. Post-college salary can then be used to build a life instead of paying off school debt. This is especially important to an older student, like me, who doesn't have as many years to pay off debt. An education at HACC is a wise investment.

Lee

I would instruct myself to have taken more time to find a field of study that truly interests me. To find a school that offers great programs within that field and enroll directly out of high school. I would enforce committment, hard work and dedication and strongly urge myself not to take any semesters off. As a returning adult student this is what happened to me. I took a semester off, got caught up in the working world for 10+ years, and now find myself returning to the classroom to earn the degree I should have had years ago.

The best thing about attending HACC is the lower tuition rate compared to four year institutes. It allows you to take classes online or in the classroom. HACC has made great strides partnering with area four year colleges. These relationships offer dual admission and easy transfer opportunities. Some bachelors degrees can be earned from these schools while never leaving the HACC campus.

HACC provides a quality education close to home that's relatively inexpensive.

Olivia

I would of stayed away from soroity life at my old school. It only led me down a path that was not one I wanted to take and made my life harder. I made plenty of great friends with out being sucked in by the soroity. I want to go places in life and not be working two jobs while attending school just to support myself.

Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.