Brooklyn Park, MN
Hennepin Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hennepin Technical College

When compared to other technical colleges in the Twin Cities area, Hennepin Technical College exudes a strong sense of community. Students and faculty alike come together for the greater good of student success.

I am what many statistical analysts would refer to as a non-traditional student. Having graduated from high school in 2008, I did not begin college until I was twenty-two years old. In addition to the four year gap in my education, I am also the proud, but single mother of a beautiful four-year-old son. My return to school began when on July 10th, 2012, my now ex-husband was arrested on charges that were not only unexpected, but shocking. He was not the man that I had always believed him to be. Whenever I mentioned to him that I wanted to go to college, he would laugh and say to me, "You don't need to go to school. I will take care of you." I felt like a bird, with so much to share with the world, but unable to fly. Soon after his arrest, I learned that his being removed from my life was a blessing in disguise: I could finally go back to school and become the woman I was meant to be. If I could tell my high school self one thing, it would be this: Don't let anyone discourage you.

The worst thing about Hennepin Technical College is the lack of not only availabilty of off or on-campus housing, but the lack of information or resources for students to find affordable housing.

Connor

I would tell him to put his nose to the grind-stone and work his butt off!!! I would tell him to volunteer in the community and build better professional relationships. I would tell him to care less about playing video games and talking to girls and to focus more on learning and getting good grades. I would tell him to stay in sports and to exercise and eat better to help be a healthy young adult and to help build better friendships through those extra-curricular activities.

JENNY

I AM ATTENDING CAPELLA UNIVERSITY ONLINE.

I AM ATTENDING CAPELLA UNIVERSITY ONLINE.

SO FAR I HAVE LEARNED A TON ABOUT COMPUTERS HOW THEY WORK AND WHY THEY WORK. I FIND COMPUTERS FACINATING AND I PLAN TO HAVE A CAREER IN THE HEALTH CARE FIELD HELPING COMPUTERS WORK TO THE BEST BENEFIT FOR PATIENTS IN MY FACILITY.

I FEEL ANYONE WITH A HECKTIC LIFE SHOULD ATTEND THIS SCHOOL.

I would say "If your interested in going to college, you need to pursue the issue." It might be difficult at times and frustrating but once you get the hang of it then you will be fine. I also would tell myself to look into scholarships,and keep my grades up to be able to qualify for the scholarships. I would give myself this advice because I would want to pursue my goals in life and make a career out of what I would want to study in school.

Katie

I love the small class sizes. It makes it easier to learn when the teacher doesn't have a large room to talk to. Everything is hands on and that makes learning a lot easier. It has convenient class schedules that work around my time. I get to pick what classes I want to take and when. I can have a whole day of classes of just a few hours. There are also night classes available which i take once a week. Another thing I love is that there are online classes available to take.

Check out our options and get on track before school starts. Don't wait the last minute for help because you might not get any.

The school has a lot more degree programs/majors than most colleges of its size. The range of program offerings available from Hennepin Technical College is especially impressive compared to its number of students. The school is known for its programs in media, landscaping and horticulture, engineering technician, mechanics and repair, and production trades.

michelle

I would start off by telling my self not to procrastinate! That was my biggest problem transitioning from high school to college. Also, I would prepare myself to be more independent. In high school, most of the work (such as scheduling, getting books, etc) is done for you by the school. In college, however, alll of this is up to you. And if you're not promt about it, you could lose out. Going back in time would also allow me the opportunity to prepare mentally. In line with not procrastinating, I now have to think like an adult. Actions have consequences- much more so than "a slap on the wrist" so to speak that you get in high school. If you mess up in college, it's your responsibility- you have to fix it. You don't always get a second chance. It's okay to take chances, but be ready to accept the consequences. Also, always be truthful. Be confident, but not arrogant- humility goes a long way. As Rosa Parks once said "stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Lastly, I would say to be who you are; be somebody you'd want to be.

It offers a wide variety of classes, with equal opportunity to take any class. Also, it is a school that welcomes diversity- I appreciate that.

There are quite a few students that attend, so there is not much personal attention given to the students. Also, I had schedule complications with the school, which they did not attempt to solve, so I was very upset about that.

Charles

Cordial, cooperative, and hard working. Everyone in class shows a sense or responsibility and interest in the courses taught as well as entire major program

stay focus, study hard and do more research to earn the extra knowledge that might not be taught in class.

People who have a high school diploma and are willing to pursue a career oriented course. Therefore, people of all ages can attend as long as they meet criteria number one, which is to have a high school diploma.

That would have be someone that is looking for a 4 year or more degree.

That would have be someone that is looking for a 4 year or more degree.

Well there really isn't much that I wish I had know becasue I did my research before I picked this school.

Well if i could go back i would tell myself to not give up on my dreams and to follow my heart. I would tell myself to stay focused and to work hard at everything. I would also tell myself that college isn't going to be easy and that i should give up and wait 3 years to go back, that i should stick with it.

Hennepin Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.