You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hill College

sara

It's a decent community college with a lot of super duper easy classes. The advisors aren't always incredibly helpful, but they get the job done. If you're interested in the Burleson Opportunity fund scholarship then you should know it has 16 hours of community service you are required to do as well as many other rules you have to keep including the fact that you can't drop a class more than once a year without losing the scholarship.

Hill College has been a positive experience . It is inexpensive and provides a strong sense of community. The professors are legitimately invested in their students and will provide a large amount of help to contribute to their success. The classes are smaller than that of my high school, so it is easy to get to know your professors in an intimate space, even in online classes. There are quite a few on campus groups to make you feel at home and entertained.

Paolo

It's a pretty cheap school, but it's not really great. It's like going to the dollar store: you don't spend a lot of money but you're getting low quality stuff. Tuition is pretty low but the school overall is not that great. If you're just trying to get your basics in two years, you might want to consider attending this school.

Tara

They're trying to make this a better place but it's hard when no one cares except a few. Plus they could use with some extra funding.

Though attending the Burleson branch does not offer as much of a wide array of activities and true immersion into the college life as the main campus might, I find myself enjoying Hill College as a first-year attendee. The community college life offers a decent bridge in between the shift from the undeniable gap in work ethic from high school to college: it has all the expectations of a four-year university, but the personable atmosphere and ease of access to professors outside the classroom makes for a much easier experience than the horror stories shared throughout high school by teachers who often reminisce of their campus life. Hill College's academics somewhat reflect the dramatic price difference between community and four-year -- sometimes professors are late (30-40 minutes, even) or are too lenient with assignments, and often I have found that they fall behind in their class syllabus and either do not finish the material or attempt to pile it on in a desperate attempt to catch up. The assignments that are late are eligible to follow a high school-esque grading policy per each day it is late. The classes are smaller and more manageable to handle, creating a less distracting and more focused working environment than might a class of 300+ attendees. The student life is more erratic than most, as the Burleson campus is not outfitted with dorms nor the capacity to hold a mass amount of people, yet the friendships I have made are tightly knit and we have developed fantastic studying groups because of our small circles. Overall, despite the odd faults, Hill College is a more than adequate investment to start one's road to higher learning.

Keri

Going back in time and talking to myself as a high school senior in 1987 would really be an eye opener for me as an 18 year old. I would tell myself that college isn't as hard as you think. Keri, you are incredibly smart with a voracious drive for success that nobody can stop. You will become a nurse. You can, will, and have overcome all of your fears of failure, shots, needles, and blood. First, you will raise your family of three wonderful children. Then, you will go on to become a registered nurse. Don't worry about any boy situations right now. When Mr. Right comes along, you will know it. Look forward to a bright future with him, your children, and at the age of 43 you will have the nursing career you have always wanted.

The best thing about Hill College in Hillsboro, Texas is the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Not many schools offer a way to get your Registered Nurse license without first becoming an LVN, working in the field for a year, and then returning to school for the bridge program. I love that I can go for my RN training and license right off the bat. In 2012, I will be a Registered Nurse!!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the library computer lab. The computers in there are very slow, the print process is slow, and the area is usually crowded and noisy. There are other computer labs available to students, but they don't stay open for very long.

Gilberto

I was so worried about work when I was in high school, when i should have been worrying about my education. I would go to school everyday, then do sports, then go to work. I never made time for my school work, and had a fairly low GPA. Once it came time for graduation and seeing all of the top GPA people walk across stage first, and then me just in the back, i didn't like that. Now in college, I have a higher GPA then I did in High school, and i work full time, and i am fixing to be a dad. If my priorities had been set straight in high school, maybe i would be at a four year school instead of a community college. But i guess everything happens for a reason.

Having to wait in financial aid everytime i go.

Anna

If i could go back in time and tell myself what college would be like, i would have made a lot of different decisions. I took classes at HillCollege before i graduated from high school, but only two which i regret not taking more. I wish that i had gotten my butt into gear and taken a few more classes out at Hill. I was more worried about my high school GPA staying high, when i really should have been worrying about getting my college finished with. I also wished that I had taken out more time to sign up for more scholarships to help pay for school. In June after I graduated high school, i found out I was pregnant. So after my first semester of college, i only have 19 hours completed, thats including the two classes i took before i graduated high school. So now Im going to have a kid and classes to worry about. Mistakes happen, and i should have EXPECTED THE UNEXPECTED. I would tell every high school senior, that instead of taking art and ag just to have enough credits, to go ahead and take college classes even if its just a few.

This school is for everyone. Its a small junior college in a semi-small town. Everyone fits in here. A wide variety of the people who attend here also do sports such as softball, soccer, baseball, basketball, golf, tennis, and rodeo. So there is a sport for everyone. The churches in the community provide free lunches every week. Its just a good community.

Steve

I think the most unique thing about Hill College was that it was very close to home. This made attending very easy to accomodate, and I could live at home and save a lot of money in room and board expenses.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now, I would try to convey the importance of scholarships and applying early and for as many as I could find. It didn?t become apparent to me the real cost of attending college until just after I began to apply for schools. I would try my best more than anything to try and overcome my tendency to procrastinate until the very last minute, which is really the only reason I wasn?t able to attend the school that I wanted to most. It very sad to realize that something as trivial as money kept me from the quality of education I desired. I would also try to let younger self know how important it is to do work as it is assigned rather than waiting until it is due. This is another byproduct of my procrastination, and I learned this lesson the hard way. It was very hard to overcome the disservice done to me by my high school?s lenient policies regarding turning in late assignments and still receiving partial or even most of the credit, and this almost ruined me in college.

The worst thing about my school is that it is so small and because of the location and demographic I find it to be very narrow minded in its views, generally speaking.

Steven

My school is probably best known locally for being a good first step for students wanting to go to college, but who may not be ready for a four year university.

If I knew what I know now when I was a senior in high school

The best thing about Hill College is that the classes are very small, and because of this the student to teacher ratio is very good. I like this because it makes the instructors more accessible to the student, so it's very easy for me to get the help I need to succeed in all of my classes.

Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.