Fullerton, CA
Hope International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hope International University

Christian

I am going to be in incoming freshman at Hope International University. I received a baseball scholarship and I have nothing but high hopes for this school. It's a private Christian school in the heart of Fullerton. Teachers, students, and staff are nothing but kind and I can't wait to get started in the classroom and to continue the success they have started on the baseball field. What I love most is the small class size ratios, which means better relationships with students and not to mention teachers or professors. Hope International University is one of a kind.

Morgan

It is an amazing school! Beautiful inside and out. Plenty to do and see on and around campus. The campus is cozy and full of life. Will definitely recommend to students interested in attending a Christian college in the sunniest state! Love the staff as well!!

The faculty has been a big help to me and I think they uphold the Christian values of the university. Class sizes are small and personable and the people that come to Hope are generally kind and willing to do good. I have had negative experiences with some of the coaching staff, who I don’t think represent the values of the university very well. But overall, it’s a good institution.

Christy

It is a very nice college. I do online classes, so I am not aware of all the goings on. I enjoy my ability to be online, but still feel like I am getting a college experience. The professors are semi-available to reach with questions. Overall I think it is a good school.

Bianca

My opinion on Hope International University is interesesting because how diverse it is and how everyone is so on track with their academics, and manage to play a sport. The housing and food plan price is not managable for most students to dorm, incuding me. The food isn't that great, but it's decent. I like how connected you get with the teachers because the classes are small, it feels like you get that one on one teaching.

Carly

They are well known for their small class sizes. I loved this because I really got to know my classmates and my professors. This made me feel as though my professors really knew who I was and I was not just a number.

The biggest thing I would tell myself as a high school senior making the transition into college life would be to choose a field of study you enjoy and to not let society do the choosing. When I first started college I wanted to be a teacher but I let the fear of societys outlook on there not being a lot of teaching jobs, cause me to go into nursing. After two years of studying nursing and working at a hosiptal I realized I enjoyed learning about health care but it was not something I was passionate about. I also worked with other people that were not passionate about health care yet they would just go through the motions. That is when I realized I did not want a job where I was just going through the motions. I wanted to do something I was passionate about! That is when I decided to not let the fear society put in my head about teaching get in the way of me studying my passion, and now I have my bachelors in liberal studies and am currently working on my masters in special education and loving it!

That they give out higher amounts of scholarship money to atheletes then for students with high academic scores.

Corinna

The advice I would give to myself as a high school senior would be to apply myself more and go the extra mile to get better grades. I would also tell myself to study more for the SAT so I could get a better score. Lastly, I would encourage myself to apply for more scholarships to make the stress of paying for college easier on my parents.

The best thing about my school is the student to teacher ratio. I am a hands on learner and for professors to know my name and help me with my schooling one on one, it means a lot to me. The ratio is 13 to 1 and I couldn't be more happy with the hands on learning experience I receive here.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that it is hard to find close parking to our dorms. The school assured all of the females that there is parking available near the dorms, but now the parking closest to them has been changed to mostly staff parking and University vehicle parking. When I drive down to school for the week, it is often dark outside and I do not feel safe parking far away from the dorms and not having security around me.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would have lots to say. First of all, I would tell myself to stop being lazy and take control of your future. It took me a couple years into community college to really grasp the idea that I was in control. Once I got it into my head that I alone can decide my future that is when my future started presenting opportunities to me. I would tell myself to not take English your first semester and to not take those silly classes that have nothing to do with your major or general education plan. Don't waste your time! That would be the main thing I would tell myself. I would also tell myself to apply for financial aid, I never once before now applied for any aid and I deeply regret it. I can't say I've made many mistakes because I'm on the right track now. My past self would probably love being pushed a little bit more though. We all need to be motivated, even if it is ourselves that's doing the motivating.

Julianna

Everything happens for a reason. As cliche and overused as that phrase may be it truly is the best advice a person could ever have. There is no reason to sweat the small stuff or even what may seem like the large obstacles in life because they are meant to be. It is important to work hard in school each and every single day because as much as it is hard to admit, and even realize it really does matter. Another piece of advice I would give myself would without a doubt be to not believe in back up plans. It is important to go after your goals because if you don't then the rest of your life will be lived wondering, "what if?". It may be hard, and it may at times seem impossible but the day that you achieve those goals you will not at all be concerned with the small struggles.

milton

Not even close, so many features, opportunities in Fulllerton is "Heaven" like in the eyes of the people that love smooth weather, also ways to makeeasy money. The job rate employment is sky rising is southern califronia than in Utah or Texas. Busssiness in Southern states are very affected once held upon, commisions checks or working on a base salary that's 3 times lower than it is towards the rest. Students love to travel where it's steady breezy, non sickable winds blowing all day, comfortable work enivorments? come to Fullerton.

"Stay Focused" it's going to get better, just take "Senior" life day by day. It easy to not follow what's important, now that all of classes is done, no more important meetings like the first 3 years, let's chill for a minute or two. Always keep a positive mind when things don't seem right or time passing at a slow rate. Go to college, graduate from college, start a new, better life for your wife and kids, then look back at "Senior Year" tell the grandkids about to help them get through the process.

Evil hearted minded being out for their own selfish desires runs to the top of the list. Accepting the path "Christ" want's his army to follow can destroy other that choose to ignore it. Here at Hope, students with an vision of bein there for each other that's willing to put a person before themselves have our respect. However,incoming freshman with those outstanding GPAs looking to impress the enoolment staff in Fullerton, with no church leader beside the indivadual, no community work, should reconsidered attending.

Hope International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.