Jarvis Christian College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jarvis Christian College

Denise

Jarvis Christian College wasn't my first option but once i got to see the campus and the people around it I fell in love. The environment is very positive yes you have some that does things that effect us as a whole but with the right enforcement we get better as one. I love my HBCU with my all heart and I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

J'Son

Jarvis Christian College is a good school but it's in the country and the signal is terrible and needs more events going.

Gabrile

I honestly think that Jarvis is one of the best schools in East Texas because the atmosphere is inviting and it let's you know that this is the definition of home away from home. The food, the Greeks, the teachers are all so connected to one because it's just a wonderful sensation of unity and love.

antawn

My overall experience at Jarvis Christian College was learning experience it teaches you how to be an adult and do stuff on your own.There also a lot of bad things about the school I strongly feel should be changed is you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth while you there. Which is very important when you are going to school. The food is terrible need way more variety and more healthy choices. As a student who has been at Jarvis Christian College for 3 years now there no that much to do they need more things for us to do. Not that much activities to do throughout the day so more time for studying. For example they should have video game tournaments for the boys so we have something fun to look forward too. The best thing about Jarvis Christian College is the teachers most of them really care about the students and are willing to stay long to help you understand. It's also very easy to get help because its not as many students like those big university. The school was great for me because i'm very to myself so I really don't really care about parties for other people this may be something big Jarvis Christian College parties are nice. More importantly the school is at least trying to do better for the students. Years from now I see Jarvis Christian College as one of the top HBCUs it has the potential. Thank you

This School is a great school to attend especially for incoming students who would like to study in the fields of criminal justice, pre-law, business, and kinesiology. Although the school is in the middle of nowhere the staff and student here make it pretty fun throughout the week. Being at Jarvis has been somewhat challenging and great.

Akaiya

Jarvis Christian College is one of those schools where you can either have the time of life, or have the worst experiences of your life. For me, it was a mixture of both. In the beginning, school was great, everyone got along and the staff was great. However, after a few months of being there moving into second semester, things starting turning around. The environment was becoming very negative, not just for or towards me but for a lot of other people as well. Not only was it the students, but it was also the staff. Yet, for some the whole year was amazing because of them only sticking with certain people and not branching out of their groups. However there were negatives with the students having altercations, which is normal for any school I’m sure. The food was good mostly but there were days where it was just not good, I even had mold on my bread one time. The kitchen staff was really nice and they were very welcoming. For some, living conditions were awful; however, for me living conditions were fine. There was one incident with my room flooding but they were able to fix the issue within a month and I was able to quickly move back into my room. The school is in the middle of almost nowhere with almost every major restaurant and/ or shopping centers at least 30 minutes away. This is especially hard to maintain if you do not have a vehicle. Hopefully, this year there is a major change to the environment of that school.

Kylie

Jarvis Christian College is overall a great campus! It's a fairly small school consisting of about 900 students, but because it's such a small school, it makes the classroom environment a lot easier to learn and grasp the materials taught by professors. The classroom size may be about 20-plus students at the most, but seldom more than that. This gives the students an opportunity to feel like they're really a part of the classroom; compared to other schools where classroom sizes may be up to 100 students. It also makes the process of making new friends and meeting new people a lot easier, because there's such a small number of students. This to me, makes it feel like we're a family. Because Jarvis is a Christian college it allows students to keep in touch with God daily. At Jarvis we have chapel every Tuesday morning for about an hour or so. It's just like attending church on a Sunday, but instead on a Tuesday. I really enjoy this because when things get tough in college it always makes me feel better hearing the sermon preached which motivates students to get involved; remain confident; stay focused in our studies; and of course to never lose sight of God. Professors even let students out of class early on Tuesdays to ensure that they get to chapel on time. Another reason I'm impressed with Jarvis is because they really try to help the students out financially. Jarvis offers many great financial opportunities, based on a student's financial status to enhance their educational achievement. Finally, I like Jarvis because for those students who stay focused and try real hard to do well in school, it allows them to feel accomplished and students can meet their educational goals.

Asyia

Jarvis is great school especially if your someone who’s undecisive & not sure about the next move your going to make it life . Not only does the staff prepare you but they get you involved in many things as possible and keep you informed and updated on activities & opportunities.

Kaejaren

Jarvis Christian College is a place when there are opportunities but you have to be willing to go search for them. If you don't become involved or have a conversation with your teachers, staff and faulty, then you could miss and an opportunity that you could qualify for. They are really well with sending information the student emails the inform student.

Shania

Overall, Jarvis is a wonderful school.

Tamaria

It's what you make of it.

Tonya Maria

I was impressed from day one. The campus environment is very welcoming. I was able to speak with someone in Admissions, Financial aid and scholarships in one day! That's quite impressive coming from the last school I attended. I am very happy JCC elected to start an online program which is the main reason why I chose to attend.

Nadia

The school is in the middle of nowhere and is a little bit run down but some of the students make the school enjoyable. The food is 50/50 depending on who cooks or if anyone actually puts forth the effort into cooking. There is hardly any event that is after school hours that won't effect the students at all from representing their organizations without missing classes.