Smithfield, NC
Johnston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johnston Community College

dimistque

Average little community college. Infested with scary geese. There's lots of room for improvements with the online classes. Classes and professors are satisfactory, but there isn't a whole lot of choice of classes. Particular 200 level classes are sparsely found, or not held at all. Good for a general degree, but don't expect to find enlightenment here.

Leah

It is not a large university. It does not have the national basketball statistics of other colleges. It does not have the most advanced technology, the most learned scholars, or the most current textbook system. However, Johnston Community College has one trait that many large universities do not necessarily have: proficiency. I first began classes at JCC as a Career and College Promise (CCP) student, which meant that I was able to earn college credit in high school. This helped me to maintain a good GPA and to finish a large portion of the general education classes that I would need to take at a four-year university. Now, as a high school graduate transitioning to adulthood, Johnston Community College is continuing to help me achieve my short-term goal of finishing my general education classes, so that I can transfer to a four-year university to pursue a career in social work. Not only is Johnston Community College proficient where academia is concerned, it is also reliable in its personal services. I know that if I walk across JCC's small campus in the dark, the security will carry out their duty to protect me. I know that if I am struggling with my classes, the Language Lab and tutoring center will labor alongside me and help me to the best of their ability. I know that if I have a question regarding my transcript, GPA, financial aid, or outside services, the registrar and admissions offices will try their hardest to get me whatever information I seek. Johnston Community College has provided me with more learning opportunities and experience than I would have ever received elsewhere. I have made several lasting friendships and many business-associated connections that I would not have had without the amicable atmosphere. I would recommend Johnston Community College for any student who is trying to save money and determine their career interests without wasting time and effort. I would recommend Johnston Community College to those seeking a school that is proficient in opening doors to possibility.

Bobbie Lynn

I attended an Early College Program at Johnston community college and after completing my degree with them, I re-enrolled for my next degree! I love the small, cozy feel of the campus, and the professors are down to earth and always willing to listen.

morgan

Good campus, nice overall staff. Good library. *Terrible vending machines *BAD communication when it comes to letting students know if they're classes are wrong or financial issues *NEVER calls back from voicemail *SHOULD REALLY BRING BACK THE ART PROGRAM- HUGE MISTAKE

Ashlyn

My overall opinion of Johnston Community College is that the faculty and staffs are really nice, everyone on campus is friendly. The campus is a nice size campus. The classroom size is a plus. I enjoy having a campus that's close to my house. Transportation is also a plus.

Caitlyn

The school is great! Our Campus is very clean and classes are easy to find! The Professors are very helpful and available for questions at any time. I feel I am receiving a great learning experience here that will better me in the future. Our counselors are knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to transferring to another college to continue our education in the future.

Tara

If I could go back and talk to my high school self knowing what I know now I would say. Research you major find out what it is that you want to do. Save up money for school you have to be smart on how you use your money especially when you have to buy books and supplies. Get some of your supplies ahead of time. Always research the school of your choice make sure you know what programs they offer and what kind of services they offer for you as the student. You have to be smart and be careful with loans you don't have to take the full amount of that loan that they offer you you can choose the amount be you should remember that in the end you have to pay more back. And I would also say that if you are struggling in your classes don't hesitate to talk to your instructor in big colleges you need to know that your not the only one in the class and others are also pursuing the same degree so its first come first serve basis. Don't give up if things are hard keep trying.

I consider this the worse thing about my school because they don't give us enough money considering that yes they have to split the amount between the semesters. However the school should know that as students with needs base should at least make the books cheap I shouldn't have to pay two hundred and something dollars for a text book that may or may not be hard back. I paid one hundred and ninety seven dollars for a english book that only covered one class.

The most fustrating thing about my school is how expensive the school bookstore is. They should have used books to sell and do for some but for others they don't and we have to pay full price for books. With the limited amount of finacial aid we get and the number of credit hours we take the school doesn't give us that much and tution is a lot so we can't even by wanted things like computers and ofther things like smart pens because they're over priced.

Yahsheva

When I was a high school senior I lacked confidence in myself. I felt that I wasn't prepared to face college-level coursework, nor an environment so large that I could be potentially numbered and not considered an individual with specific needs and personality. I let that fear get the best of me, and after failing my second semester of college, I took a year to re-evaluate my life. A year that was essentially wasted because I didn't have the guts to believe in myself. Now, I'm at the top of my game and I refuse to let anyone or anything sway my resolve to not only make my parents proud, but to be proud of myself. If I could sit down with the past Yahsheva, I would hug her and tell her: "I know you're scared, but you're going to get through it. Always remember who your supporters are, and draw on their energy when you think you won't succeed. And never complain when you know you didn't do your best. Last of all: make yourself proud. "

That academic programs such as Trio discriminate against students who are entered in General Education degree programs.

The announcement services about school events and activities seems tardy. I never have enough time to prepare for an event when notices are only sent out the same day. All the classrooms are not uniform, and some are quite lacking considering the techological advancements and resources teachers and students require to complete a course. Also, there is very little ethnic diversity.

Justin

After the previous two years of my college life, I know I've gained enough experience and knowledge that would be valuable to myself as a Senior or anyone else preparing for college. I've learned not to waste time. Time management skills were my biggest weakness back in high school. In college you can't just wait and put off anything. The earlier you can get something done the better the results would normally be. Being aware of your surroundings and of what's going on is important for your future as well. I'd tell myself to start looking up deadlines and preparing things in advance. Everything changes in the college world, and you have to be ready for all of it. If I had known what all I would have to adapt to back then, perhaps the transition between schools would have been easier for me.

Someone who shouldn't attend a higher education school would be the type of person that isn't serious about their future or value their education. This type of person could cause distractions and hold back someone who is putting their time in effort into trying to improve their life. You have to earn your education and simply just being there isn't going to be enough.

The most frustrating thing at my school would be the access to information available to the students there. Often I found out about an event or a deadline at the last minute because there are no working ways in which every student could receive information.

To do more in high school and to work harder!!

To do more in high school and to work harder!!

I enjoy the smaller classes and the individualized attention that you get.

The lack of financial aid that I have received and the waiting period to get into the program that I am interested in.

Johnston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.