Smithfield, NC
Johnston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johnston Community College

Yahsheva

When I was a high school senior I lacked confidence in myself. I felt that I wasn't prepared to face college-level coursework, nor an environment so large that I could be potentially numbered and not considered an individual with specific needs and personality. I let that fear get the best of me, and after failing my second semester of college, I took a year to re-evaluate my life. A year that was essentially wasted because I didn't have the guts to believe in myself. Now, I'm at the top of my game and I refuse to let anyone or anything sway my resolve to not only make my parents proud, but to be proud of myself. If I could sit down with the past Yahsheva, I would hug her and tell her: "I know you're scared, but you're going to get through it. Always remember who your supporters are, and draw on their energy when you think you won't succeed. And never complain when you know you didn't do your best. Last of all: make yourself proud. "

That academic programs such as Trio discriminate against students who are entered in General Education degree programs.

The announcement services about school events and activities seems tardy. I never have enough time to prepare for an event when notices are only sent out the same day. All the classrooms are not uniform, and some are quite lacking considering the techological advancements and resources teachers and students require to complete a course. Also, there is very little ethnic diversity.

Justin

After the previous two years of my college life, I know I've gained enough experience and knowledge that would be valuable to myself as a Senior or anyone else preparing for college. I've learned not to waste time. Time management skills were my biggest weakness back in high school. In college you can't just wait and put off anything. The earlier you can get something done the better the results would normally be. Being aware of your surroundings and of what's going on is important for your future as well. I'd tell myself to start looking up deadlines and preparing things in advance. Everything changes in the college world, and you have to be ready for all of it. If I had known what all I would have to adapt to back then, perhaps the transition between schools would have been easier for me.

Someone who shouldn't attend a higher education school would be the type of person that isn't serious about their future or value their education. This type of person could cause distractions and hold back someone who is putting their time in effort into trying to improve their life. You have to earn your education and simply just being there isn't going to be enough.

The most frustrating thing at my school would be the access to information available to the students there. Often I found out about an event or a deadline at the last minute because there are no working ways in which every student could receive information.

To do more in high school and to work harder!!

To do more in high school and to work harder!!

I enjoy the smaller classes and the individualized attention that you get.

The lack of financial aid that I have received and the waiting period to get into the program that I am interested in.

Johnston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.