South Charleston, WV
Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College

Elisha

My school is best known for being interracial which means blacks and whites and everyone in between is mixed and for the most part we all get a long with each other.MY school is also known for their great Allied Health programs such as dental hygeine,nursing,and nuclear trechnology prorams.

If I could go back to being a senior I'd tell myself to relax that I'd actually have more time to do my homework in college then what I did in High School. In high school I had the same eight classes everyday as where college I have or had the same class every other day or once a week . Id also take my ACT one last time while I was a senior to get a score of 21 to get the promise scholarship in w.v instead of leaving my score at 20 which could of saved a whole bunch of money for me and my family.As a senior in high school I was a track runner and a dancer as a senior I should of enjoyed it as much as I could because, freshman year in college you see faster runners then what your used to competing with in high school so I'd try to get usedto not being the track star anymore. The last thing I'd tell myself as a senior is to start learning to budget money so,I could spend my money wisely on education and neccessaties in college.

The worst thing about my school is the availability or parking spots.I as well as other students have gotten parking tickets for having to park in the grass because of the parking lot being filled up and there was no where else to go and we couldnt wait until a parking spot to become available because we would of missed class. Sometimes you can spend thirty minutes looking for a parking spot and still no luck.

Raylene

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself that I can go to college and to not give up, until I listen. I would tell myself to get in my car and drive to the college and speak with someone that can answer my questions on how to apply, how to get scholarships, how students work and go to school at the same time, I would ask them every single question I have until I understand, because it?s not that hard. I would argue with my parents until I get through to them that I MUST have their personal and tax information to apply for grants and loans, why college is so important, and it is NOT okay for them to tell me if I can?t do this on my own, I don?t need to do it. I would tell myself that smoking and drinking only gets me to the same place as the losers I am with. And that the only reason I am doing these things is because I am giving up on me. Then I would hug myself for making the rest of my life so much better.

Kelsey

I believe my school is best known for giving a fantastic education. The University of Georgia is one of the best in the south. They offer a plethora of educational opportunities, such as study abroad, extracirricular activities, and work options in several areas of study. They have exceptional faculties in each of the separate colleges and all work together to bring each induvidual's education to a completely rounded finish.

HIndsight is always twenty-twenty. If I could go back and speak with myself as a high school senior, I would have many pieces of advice; however, one main recommendation stands out. I would tell myself that, although it may be difficult and nerve wracking, joining clubs and participating in extracirricular activites is the the best thing one can do in college. It is important to manage time wisely between clubs and school work, but there are countless opportunities available to those who look for them. Joining clubs leads to numerious new people, all with different thoughts, beliefs, backgrounds and futures. It also opens the door to a variety of places and activities not available in any other circumstances. Joining clubs and group activities would be the best piece of advice I could offer to myself as a high school senior, along with anyone else in those shoes.

As a South Carolina Resident, I am an out of state student at the University of Georgia. The most frustrating thing is the fact that UGA seems to have little respect for out of state students. They offer very little money to out of state students and make the payment process unnecessarily complicated. Under circumstances I could not have prevented, this payment process has resulted in several late fees and almost dropped classes. I feel this is frustrating because I am a very valuable student that gets no recognition.

Danielle

Apply to as many school as possible and truly find a school that fits you and your needs. Also start applying for financial aid during the last semester of you senior year. It is so important that you apply before it is too late and funds are already allocated. Also, you have to realize you will change your mind a few times before you find a major that fits you and what you hope to achieve. If you have children you can still go to school, there are lots of options available for individuals who have children. If you are unsure or have any questions regarding the school or financial aid, be sure you ask.

Some of the professors at the school are wonderful. There are a few there that try to provide guidance and as much assistance as possible. They truly care what is going on with you in your life. I think this is possible because it is a smaller school with smaller classes.

Financial Aid is the most frustrating thing about school. You can read all you want about financial aid on the internet, but each school apparently has different rules they use when it comes to allocating funds. They treat you like you are an idiot and they provide no help or guidance. The act like the money you get for school comes out of their pockets.

Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.