Ashtabula, OH
Kent State University at Ashtabula

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Ashtabula

Rachael

My overall opinion of Kent Ashtabula is that it is a good fit for the price. It is very cheap and affordable. There are not very many clubs or extra curricular activities, which is definitely a downside. I am not involved in any outside of school activities because there are very few and none interest me. The staff is a helpful but not very productive.

Leah

Kent State is known as a public research university and started as a teacher training school.

I would tell myself to make sure that there is a decent job market for whatever field I plan to study. I need to make sure that there will always be a job market in my career choice and that no matter where I move there will be a need for whatever I chose to do. I need to make sure to always apply myself and get the most I can out of every class so that I have all the skills and knowledge to be highly marketable.

The best thing about my school is that they offer a transitional Physical Therapy assistant program for certified Athletic Trainers and it's mostly online and accredited. It is also only 15 months long compared to other programs that are 2 yrs. It makes working as an athletic trainer and working towards a career move possible.

Bernard

As a high school senior I was more focused on playing basketball in college, talking to girls, and going to parties than I was about attending classes and studying hard. As a freshman in college at the age of 18, I didn't take my classes seriously and I was forced to drop out and become a union steel worker in order to financially support myself and my family. As a high school senior, if I knew how important college was, I would have taken my education more seriously. Life would have been a lot easier if I would have graduated college in my early twenties instead of having to start back at college at the age of 28. I never understood what a privilege college was until I was forced to go into hard labor. I now understand that college is a gift and that my education is one of the most important things that I can work towards in my life. If I took my education seriously coming out of high school, I could have been working as a nurse for at least 10 years instead of just starting nursing classes 10 years later.

I wish I would have known more effective study techniques before attending this university instead of having to develop them once I started attending this university. I also wish I knew how much time and effort it takes to be a successful college student at any university.

I love the fact that my university has a cadaver lab on campus, we are one of the only universities that have one. My anatomy classes were amazing because we were able to take advantage of the cadaver labs and learn a lot about the human body.

Kelly

Nursing and respiratory therapy

Nursing and respiratory therapy

Do not quit. Stick with it. It is so much harder to complete when you are in your 30s and have to work for a living. Do not get frustrated. It is going to be hard, but worth it. Studying is boring, but necessary. Get involved. And most importantly NEVER GIVE UP.

Paramedic to RN program

Brianna

The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time would be to listen to my elders. When I was in high school I thought that all the speakers that came in and spoke with my fellow classmates and I, I thought they were just telling us what they wanted our teacher's to hear. I thought they were lying about the transition from high school to college. But now that I know they were right, I wish I would have listened and asked questions. They all were very knowledgable and compassionate to education. I did not take them seriously, but I wish I would have. I would love to go back to different high schools as a speaker and tell them my story. Also, I would love to mention how these speakers are being honest and to appreciate what knowledge they are sharing. Speakers like them do not have to take time out of their day to speak with high school student. They do because they care for the students' future.

I consider the worst things about my school is the time spent in classes. I want my classes longer so I can learn more in one class period.

I brag the most about the Nursing Program my school offers. Who would not want to learn the human body using a real human's body? My favorite part is the Cadaver Lab.

Kent State University-Ashtabula Campus was close to home. Where I was mentally at the time of my enrollment, it was best that I attended a school close to home.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely encourage my high school self to seriously consider attending college. I would point out that only just over 30% of Americans have a bachelor’s degree. Even though it seems like everybody’s going off to college, not everybody is. Earning a degree will be a good example of that “not quite fitting in with everybody” feeling that you are starting to feel. Also, after having lived for 5 years on wages that I earned with only a vocational education, I will explain how much easier it is to live on the higher wages that you are pretty much guaranteed to be paid after earning a college degree. I am not a person that requires much money to get by, but with a college degree the money that I do earn will be of a higher amount and that will make bills easier to pay and I will be able to take better vacations. I will remind myself how much I enjoy reading and learning, and so I will enjoy the college experience.

It should be a requirement for all the people that wish to broaden their minds and expand their perspectives. So, I guess that the type of person that does not want to participate in either of those activities, should not be a person that attends Kent State University-Ashtabula Campus.

Savana

Knowing what I know now, back then would be a great advantage. I would tell myself focus more on school work and less on socializing, I would let myself know the guy I was dating was a loser and a waste of time. I would have continued the conversation with myself by summing up everything that has happened in my life since that point in time, proceed to insult myself and inform myself I need to study more because my grades weren't what they could've been. After saying all that to myself, I would hope that I listened.

That a lot of majors you can't finish on campus you have to go to main.

The most frustrating thing is a lack of choices for food. You either eat from the dinner there, at MCDs or Subway. There is also a hotdog place down the road.

Kasey

If I could I would go back in time and slap some sense into my high school self. As a high school senior I was still undecided about my college plans, I was not keen to the idea of picking something that I was going to have to do forever. My biggest fear was I would wake up in ten years and complete the same mundane task day after day. Here I am three years later with goals and dreams I never would have imagined as a senior in high school. If I could get my hands on a delorian, magic genie, or even a time traveling phone booth I would give my highly nieve senior self some life changing advice. I would start by telling younger me to calm down, take a breath and relax; every other senior is just as worried as you are. A main push I would give to my senior self would be applying for financial aid early; you are not the only struggling kid in America, and the longer you wait the more the fund become depleated. Finally I would tell myself to have fun, explore and enjoy the best years of your life.

michele

My classmates at KSUAC are great. There is smaller class sizes at this college. This lets people to get to know each other. I think this helps when doing group work.

I would tell myself to wake up and focus. I would tell myself to think ahead. I was young and did not think of my future. I am a 31 year old college senior and a married mother of two. I think if I have been focused in my classwork as a high schooler I would have my college degree by now. I think if I would have know the imporatnce of an education, I could already be in my career. My family would have more now if I was working in my career chioce and not in the unskilled laborforce. I would also tell myself that the hardwork will pay off. I would tell myself that I enjoy learning and attending college. Attending high school is not a chioce but, attending college is. The chioce of higher education has been a rewarding and postive choice that has changed my life for the better. I would tell myself that I feel great and have an open mind now. College has changed me into a better person.

I wish that I would have put more effort in high school classwork. The hard work put into studying is worth it. I think then I could have tested out of some classes that I needed in college. I also believe that this could have saved time and money.

Adam

My school is affordable and friendly to new comers.

My school is affordable and friendly to new comers.

Its relatively small and easy to navigate. Its affordable for students seeking acquire a degree without going deep into debt.

I would advise myself to not worry too much about life at college. Its not like high school; the people there are far more mature, and drama is all but non-existant. Therefore, you won't have to worry about the normal stresses of high school life, and have far more energy focused on your studies.

Kent State University at Ashtabula administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.