Benton Harbor, MI
Lake Michigan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Michigan College

Ellie

Lake Michigan College is small, caring, and dedicated to our future success.

Lake Michigan College is small, caring, and dedicated to our future success.

Lake Michigan College is best known for saving money while also getting a great edcucation. People talk about the small class sizes and how that helps you get the one on one attention from each and every teacher. There's not a single instrcutor who is just there because they need a place to teach. They are there because they care about or future and our success in the real world after college.

ashley

Lake Michigan College has small class sizes that make it easier to connect with the instructor as well as other class mates. This offers a chance to getr a more individualised education.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing i would tell myself is that its never to early to start applying for scholorships and financial aid. Even when it seems like there is plenty of time to do it, graduation comes faster than you expect and when it does it becomes hard to find any scholorships still available. Always utilize the time you have and don't put things off for later when you could do them now because more times than not the longer you wait the less chance there is that it will get done.

The most frustrating thing about Lake Michigan College is that it is very difficult to find a place to park when arriving for my classes.

Makisha

I love the small classes.

I love the small classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition. I would tell myself that the best thing to do is to go to college right after high school. Waiting years after you have completed high school to go to college can be very challenging. You know that saying, “if you don’t use it you’ll lose it.” Well it’s true! If you wait several years to go to college you may have to take refresher courses before starting classes toward your degree. I have noticed that going to college in my later years is very overwhelming; you have more responsibilities than you would have if you went right after high school. I have a family to take care of, I work full-time to pay bills that I have accumulated over the years, and to add homework & studying to my plate makes for a very long & tiring week. Only if I knew then what I know now, but it’s too late to complain. I just have to do what I have to do to better myself.

I don't have any complaints about my school. I really can't comment on the worst thing about my school because I travel to Benton Harbor, MI daily from South Bend, IN to attend my classes. I literally go & attend my classes and go home. They have a very nice campus & it's very organized.

Brittney

Apply for scholarships, as many as you can! Spending time to write essay after essay is worth it. Yes, attending a community college for your first few years will save you some money. When you're ready to attend Michigan State University, you're going to wish you had applied for more.

Classes can be challenging, you need to be ready to spend a lot of your time studying. The purpose of college is to make you think, challenge yourself and help you learn. Work hard and you will succeed!

There is a wide variety of people that attend Lake Michigan College and I think anyone could come here.

Alicia

Oregon State is highly focused and full of Beaver pride.

Oregon State is highly focused and full of Beaver pride.

Oregon State University is known for the sciences; such as engineering, biology, microbiology, agriculture etc. We also have a great business school and public health school. We are known for keeping our campus green and have pride for our school. We have a lot of diversity programs and clubs as well as major envolvement from University Housing.

Dear High School Self, Today you are a senior and have the whole world in front of you. Right now you are planning on going to college and letting life take you from there, let it. In your life you are going to make choices that will feel like mistake, make them. Once you are in college you will change your major multiple times, change them. Life will be messy but I promise you the outcome is worth it. Every thing you do in your life will bring you where we are today. You will find your place in life and know that one day you will have a chance to make a difference in the world. The school you choose will be the best decision you will ever make. So take risks and embrace all the things that the school has to offer. Make sure you get involved, study hard, and live on campus for at least one year. You will make life long friends and people that will lead you on the road to success. Have no regrets because these are the best years of your life! Sincerly, You

Caitlin

A small town community college filled with intelligent people.

A small town community college filled with intelligent people.

I would say, stop worrying. You are going to meet great people who will make this transition easier. It is so much better than high school. You will not have to deal with the drama. And no, you will not miss Band. You have so many other opportunities that are going to fall into your lap. Stop stressing. Smile more, laugh more. You can do this. Enjoy the little things. Study more in high school and stop messing around. You don't need to watch TV as much. Go outside. Work a few more hours for some cash in your pocket. Work hard on homework and take every chance you can to hang out with a friend. They will not be around once you graduate. Keep your head up, beautiful. Don't waste your stressful tears on the little things. And one day, you will look back and be proud of where you came from and finally be able to say "I did it, I made it."

The lack of classes to chose from really bug me. There is really no variety.

emilyanne

my classmates are unmotivated, sport loving, unprepared, unrealistic, people.

my classmates are unmotivated, sport loving, unprepared, unrealistic, people.

I would have to tell myself to be involved more. Academics are great and a wonderful thing to focus on, but I didn't participate in a lot of extra curricular activities and fun thiings the school had becuase I was so focused on academics and taking AP classes and figuring out my future. I should've been going to sporting events, going to dances and prom, participating on the debate team, playing on sports teams, and just enjoying my high school experience instead of trying to get out of high school as fast as I could. If I had taken part in these things, then I would have made a lot more friends, and had a way more positive memory of high school, and would've also learned how to socially interact in these situations and with many different people. I cut myself off from a lot of interaction that I could've grown from and really enjoyed. Overall, though, I do not have regrets, because how I did things, made me who I am today, and as long as I'm being me, I have acheived more than most.

the best thing about my school is definitely the 3rd floor where all the science and medical related classes are. People are much more serious up there, the competition is strong, and it is fun and challenging. the teacher are good, and they care about the students and go the extra mile to push them towards their goals.

Brooke

My school has a very good learning environment.

My school has a very good learning environment.

Looking back I would tell myself you have to stay focused as well as having good time management. My first year of college was difficult in a way. I did not know how hard it was to juggle school, homework and softball all at the same time, until it actually happened. When I signed up to play softball in college I did not realize how much time actually went in to playing a college sport. Practices range anywhere from three to six hours, with school and homework on top of that. I can honestly say going into my freshman year of college I did not know how to manage my time wisely. I also did not focus too hard on my schoolwork, until about halfway through my first semester. However, finishing my first year experience now to my advantage I understand the amount of hard work and effort it takes to make it through college. My first year of college had its ups and downs, I just wish I had somebody by my side to give me meaningful advice and to tell me what to expect.

The type of people that should not attend my school are the people that don't care, and skip classes on a regular basis.

Most of them are only interested in texting during class, while others concentrate on the lecture and take notes.

Well for me I was sick all through my senior year of high school. So much so that I could not attend. I ended up doing a few classes at home but in the end was going to the school for an hour a day to work on my classes on the computer. What I would tell myself now is that I should have sucked it up and gone to school anyway, that way I would have my diploma already, instead of only being half a credit away. I would also tell myself to not be so shy around people, and to actually open up to others. I do lack in the friendship category, and have always regreted not talking to people more. Other than that college isn't much different than high school, at least so far. I just want to tell myself to study and to take things seriously. There's no room for error this time.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is trying to set a goal for themselves and achieve it. This school doesn't need people who are only going to slack off and not take things seriously. Mainly people are trying to get better grades so when the time comes they can get into the college they so wish. Thus they have to be hard-working and willing to do what it takes to get through their classes.

Courtney

I would definitely go back and tell myself to work harder at getting scholarships. I did receive 5 scholarships when I graduated and I thought that would be plenty to get me through, boy was I wrong. I would tell myself to work morning, noon, and night to get as many scholarships as I possibly could because I was going to run out of money and not receive financial aid once I got married. To tell you the truth, I probably would tell myself to wait until I finished college to get married because then I probably would have been able to keep my full pell grant and not be in the predicament that I am in right now with not being able to pay for college. I would also tell myself that I need to study extra hard and take each class very seriously, not just the ones that I enjoy taking.

I wish that they offered more flexibility for people who work 1st shift and have a full time job. I don't think that they offer as many internet courses as they could or Saturday classes. I think they could also have more evening classes for people who are working full time.

It is difficult to get the right answer the first time you ask someone, especially when it comes to financial aid. You may call one day and talk to one person who tells you one thing and then you walk in the office the next day to get a different answer by a completely different person. This was the case when I was trying to apply for a student loan. I went through the whole process just to find out that I was too late and have to redo the whole process next month. What fun.

Lake Michigan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.