Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Gabriela

My classmates are very nice, respectful, and helpful.

My classmates are very nice, respectful, and helpful.

Attending Lamar University is unique because I get the education I need. I'am able to have that one on one conversation with my professors and there's help available for anything I need. Since I dont live in Beaumont and I get to stay in the dorms I feel more independent and I get to be focus on my education.

People all along have say to me that going to College would be very difficult. That teachers would be mean and not understand you if you had problems in class but I guess they were just trying to prepare me for the real life. As a college student I have found myself learning how to study for a test, how to be prepared for class and many other things. If I could go back and give advice to myself I would tell myself to take the time to study properly and not the day before, that only makes things harder. Studying weeks or days prior to test day makes everything so much easier. After finishing school for the day try to review a little of what was thought for the day, doing that can help you understand better if there was something that was confusing, and if that does not help the next class period ask your teacher for help I know for a fact that they will help you. Also, being prepared for class is not only arrieving on time to class but mentally be prepared to learn. Focus only on your education and forget the rest.

Andrew

Lamar is a school focused on education.

Lamar is a school focused on education.

I would tell myself that its notmuch different than high school. The only major difference is time. While your in collegeyou need to larn how to manage your time wisely.

Renee

Lamar University is a clean and organized campus with a faculty and staff that are very polite and strive to be student advocates.

College is not going to be easy and it does require dedication. Don't be afraid to ask questions, because it is important that you understand what you are going to be doing and what will be expected of you. Make new friends, they help you get through rough times because they are there to go through what you are going through. Family is also very important because they are there to support you and let you know everything will be okay. Anytime you are feeling like you can't do this, just look at the big picture and remember why you are doing this. Time management is very important! Try to keep a planner and organize your time to ensure that what needs to be done gets done. Don't procrastinate. Study, study, study! You have a lot to learn, but you will enjoy it!

If your future goals include having a successful career, if you would like to expand your current knowledge, or if you are interested in social experiences, then Lamar University would be a great school for you.

Marcie

They are the kind of people that make you want to ask more about their lives.

They are the kind of people that make you want to ask more about their lives.

You can do this, but be prepared to grow. Please don't allow the bad attitudes of others to affect yours. Don't expect people to hand you anything. (That means apply for scholarships!) You've worked too hard to go unnoticed and unrewarded. Most of things that you think are important now won't be in a year, so stop stressing, and just do what you know you need to do. Thank your english teachers for being tough on you now. It pays off. Be open and tolerant to the ideas and opinions of others, but don't be afraid to have faith in your own. When you're pretty sure that you're right, you probably are. However, it is crucial that you recognize the things that are most important and don't waste energy fighting to be right about the things that really don't matter. You won't have any regrets if you make your mistakes into lessons. Trust yourself and hope in God.

I have a great group of friends at Lamar, and I met most of them at the Baptist Student Ministry (BSM). I love the diversity of personalities and life stories. There are upper classmen that I can get advice from and lower classmen that I can encourage. I think a lot of people lose themselves in the attempt to find themselves in college, but I know that the atmosphere provided at the BSM keeps me from making so many of the mistakes that are common for college students. This group of people has truly become my college family.

sara

I think that college life has a big influence into one's life, so it is a very important decision to select the right college. Before students enroll colleges, they must search first the website of each college and look out how certain areas are available to the students. What I meant to say is that if one concerns more about books, one should look out how the library works; and if one concerns more about physical exercise, then searchs about the gym and programs they offer like pilares or yoga.

Amber

Nice, friendly and they want you to succeed.

Nice, friendly and they want you to succeed.

It's small but not too small and the class rooms are a good enviroment to learn in.

Make sure you set your priorities straight. You have to cut out a lot of friend time because studying comes first. Make sure the school is in a good location.

My school Lamar University in one sentence is A very hand s on school Very helpful.

My Name Is Rachel King I`m From Lake Charles, Louisiana. I am currently attending Lamar University. I am a Mass Communications Major. The advice i would like to give to parents an/or students in finding the right college is to research each college , their programs and really see whether it coinsides with what you want to do in your life.

The things i brag about most at Lamar University is there or so many Great teachers and professors that or one on one with you, constantly helping you with getting your assignments in on time and really exponding on what they or teaching to you. This school has lots of programs that helps out with getting you experience for after you graduate .

Saundra

When looking for a school first and formost make sure that their is a good education given in your field. While visiting be sure that you feel comforatable there and enjoy your surroundings. And when school begins make new friends and joins groups at school and be involed. But always remember schoolwork comes first above all.

Someone who is Socialble and Eviromantally friendly and also ready to be envolved on campus.

The only thing that is the least bit frustrating at school is the fact that thier arent many on-campus jobs available.

Christina

Always go with your first instinct. If a school doesn't feel right, don't go there. Also, bring your friends with you if you can. It always helps to have a support system if you are far away from home or even if you are close to home. Just do what you think is right in choosing the right college. Also, have fun. Meet new people that you can be friends with forever.

I wish I had known how much work it was going to take to be a successful college student. Also, I wish I would have known to make friends from the beginning.

I think this school is for pretty much anyone.

Joshua

When you attend Lamar University for the first time you encounter an atmosphere of Texan hospitality, community service, academic excellence, social responsibility, campus involvement, and an all-around professional air of business.

It is situated right next to an ExxonMobil plant. They are huge contributors to our engineering college. Also our faculty to student ratio allows professors to engage one-on-one with the students, allowing for unique research oppurtunities much like graduate school.

I would encourage students and their parents research the universities that they are thinking of attending: check on the student/teacher ratio, the graduation rate, the job acceptance rate, the research opportunities, the social environment of the college, alumnae's opinions, diversity (cultural, racial, sexual, and religious), and the overall ideaologies dominant in the community. Weigh these in the balance when comparing one colloge to another. As for making the most of one's college experience, I would reccomend that the student do their best to network starting that crucial freshman year. Network with societies and organizations, with academically minded friends and fraternities, the career center, tutors, advisors, and especially with faculty and staff that are influential in the areas of scholastic and financial benefits. And never, never forget to form a personal relationship with your college president, vice-president, and other executive members. This is a must.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.