Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Kelly

Lamar University is a small hometown college, that is well known for their engineering and nursing programs, that has a small greek life, plays in Division I sports and offers students a good education for an affordable price at a small campus where staff and faculty know the students very well and take great interest in them.

Lamar University is best known for being one of the top schools to receive a degree in engineering, based off of the low cost of attendance, the average salary of a graduate in that particular field, and the number of graduates who are able to obtain a job in their field. Lamar University is located in the gulf, where engineering jobs are readily available.

I would tell myself to decide on the learning atmosphere that I would best succeed in, and that I need to focus in on those schools to visit, not just choose where my family or friends think I should go. I would also tell myself how important it is to get involved early on, because towards the last few semesters of college I will be too busy with internships and academics to focus on being really involved in a student organization. The college experience is a great one, so choose the right school wisely and enjoy every single moment that I have. Take advantage of each and every opporunity that there is to learn.

freddy

Everything you do in life does come back to you. If you do good in life, life will reward you. If you do bad, life will come back and haunt you.

One thing I wish I knew before I went to that school is how small the town.

Antony

i would tell myself to not let the being off by yourself get to your head. I would also tell myself to keep working hard because there will be more work and you will need to manage your time wisely and not succumb to the opportunities to slack off and go to parties and have fun without getting your work done. And make sure you exhaust all options to get free money from scholarships and grants to help pay for the college expenses without getting loans that you will have to pay back over time. Because the more free money you are able to get from scholarships and grants will help a lot more than you think.

I wish i had known about how many scholarships out there because school expences were higher than i thought. And also its a lot of work but if you manage your time wisely it's not a big deal.

Lamar university has a good communications program, and you will meet a lot of interesting people that can help you along with your future.

Lila

Lamar University is a very well organized school with a great diverse group of people. I'm glad I came here and am getting my education. Despite the fact that some professors are not all that interested in the students, I truly appreciate the ones who have motivated me to be strong and keep going. The cost to attend here may have gone higher due to some construction and a low grade football team but it is still worth it to come here.

Hey Lila, I need to talk to you before you walk across the stage. Obviously I’m you from the future; let’s get that fact out of the way. Listen carefully to what I’m about to tell you: In the next few years of your life, words like book costs, due dates, and tuition will cause a migraine. You’ll have to cease being prideful; be humble and take criticism/advice from others. There’ll be times when you’d rather clean up your room than solve twenty algebra problems that each take 15 minutes to solve. Despite these cons, I’m here to tell you there are people who’ll help you to succeed; it has to start with you. You’re a strong and confident woman. You always bounce back and go into action when misfortunes happen instead of worrying. Remember, it's always ok to ask questions. Oh, about the cost of everything, here’s a secret; it’s better to be poor for the next four years than to be poor the rest of your life. Take a deep breath, relax and I’ll see you in a couple of years.

The kind of person who can afford it.

Keenah

My school is a wonderful institution to attend with small classes and great professors that care about the students.

I would tell myself to save all the money that I can!!! Also, I would tell myself to practice as many helpful study habits as I can and read to expand my vocabulary and gain knowledge about the subjects i would be taking in college to better understand the classes. Lastly I would tell myself to mentally prepare to do things on my own.

I brag most about the size of my classes when i tell my friends about my school, because they are small. Also about how big our dorms are.

James

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

There are two major things I would tell my high school self. One is do not ever procrastinate. When you receive an assignment do it as soon as you can. At first it may seem like you have all the time in the world to accomplish what you need to accomplish, but believe me time flies so fast. Your deadlines will be on you before you know it. The second may sound weird given what I just said, but bear with me. Do not ever stress over what is going on. Overstressing will be your undoing. You will have school, a job, and probably a personal life. Just remember to take your work seriously, complete your assignments quickly devoting the proper time to them, and take a break from time to time. Everybody needs a chill time every now and then. So as long as you are organized you will be fine. Take your school seriously and remember that somebody somewhere is paying for this. So remember to be on top things and to not forget to breath.

I like telling people how well the professors work with me and my work schedule.

Andrew

I'm in a situation where i'm both a high school senior and a college student because i attend an early college high school so I have plenty of advice to give myself all the time. Most importantly, I can't stress enough how seriously you need to take all your college courses. my dad always told me to make the best grades early because classes only get harder. This seriously applies to highschool freshman. From day 1 of your highschool career, your record is permanently etched in stone. ALL grades count toward your findal GPA, which is what is used to determine opportunies for college such as acceptance by colleges and scholarship opportunies. High GPA equals to FREE money. Free money means less stress during your college years. 210-218-2879

Brittney

I haven't really meet any classmates at Lamar with the same major as me. What I can say , is that many of them are from my high school and I knew of them, My roommate is a person I have attend 4 years of medical magnet with. We are intended in the same major and registered for the same classes. We intend to help each other as much as we need. She is the best friend that I need and is very helpful. Blessed to have someone to help me and encourage me.

I would give the advice to myself to take the college life more seriously. I didn' t think that college would be this expensive for me. I end up with all the FASFA that I can recieve and still end up short of $ 2,418 short. Its very serious at this point because my tution has to be paid . Its really a burden on my mother , that is basically a single mother trying to put 2 children through college. My mother still has 2 boys to take care of at home. I hate to have to put this on my mother. I just wish that when I was in high school , I would have taken this college life more serious. It would have helped a lot,

I consider the best thing about my school is the nursing program. I wanted to attend this school because of my past of having cancer and me wanting to help others. Lamar nursing program is one of the best in the state of Texas. Lamar has help many students with the nursing program. I want to be one of the graduates to say that I went to Lamar University and had the best knowledge needed to get to RN. Lamar is a friendly and very fun active school towards students. They help you to fit in and come very comforable.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.