Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

robert

I would tell myself to take the sat more than twice.I would remind myself to not slack off in my senior year because IT DOES count just like every other high school year. I would study more and take classes more serious because in college there are no second chances and if you fail and flunk out of college you would have wasted so much money and got nothing out of it. I would work during my senior year and save up as much money as i can because books are really expensive and your scholarships will not always cover it. I would tell myself to be more organized too because if you are organized it helps you plan for test that are to come. I would also apply to any and all scholarships ahead of time so that way i wouldnt be rushing to do my fasfa and trying to get grants last minute

It is really boring around here. there is nothing to do. If you want to have fun you have to drive to port arthur or further out to have fun. Its really hard because you have work to do and you want to have fun but you cant because you dont know where anything is at.

Savannah

My classmates have always been friendly, helpful, and seemingly invested in their education at Lamar. I honestly have no complaints. When I was a freshman and on campus for the first day of classes, I got lost everywhere I went. Several people stopped me, noticing how distressed and confused I looked, and offered to give directions. One girl even walked me to two of my classes. I was BEYOND grateful.

Don't have your heart set on attending your "dream" college. Do some more research on each place you plan on applying to and be honest with yourself about whether you can REALLY afford it or not. Sometimes the school you like the least (Lamar University in Beaumont) ends up being your perfect match. So don't settle! Really take the time to find a fitting school for your life, and always stay in contact with Financial Aid. Get a job, save up some money, and get ALL of your Financial Aid paperwork done on time or early. Keep your head up and have fun! After all, a degree is still a degree no matter what school you get it from. Look to the future and reach for the stars! Take it slow, always ask for help, and refrain from getting wrapped up in what you assume is going to happen. You just might really have a great time :)

Before enrolling at Lamar, I wish I had known how much applying for Financial Aid would be a slow and sometimes frustrating process. I also wish I had been more financially prepared. I did not work the summer before I came to campus so I hadn't saved up any money. Now have learned my lesson. Always have a little bit of money before school starts and complete the Financial Aid paperwork early, and always stay updated.

Lasubah

Since it was my senior year, probaly shouldn't have slacked off the whole second semester just waiting for college. Should have gotten myself ready for campus live and studying traditions have have come in handy. Probaly aslo have gotten a job to help pay for expenses

A person with high enrgy and wants to work hard in their interactive classes and have fun at school.

Someone that does not want to be involved in student life and campus tradations.

Kelly

Lamar University is a small hometown college, that is well known for their engineering and nursing programs, that has a small greek life, plays in Division I sports and offers students a good education for an affordable price at a small campus where staff and faculty know the students very well and take great interest in them.

Lamar University is best known for being one of the top schools to receive a degree in engineering, based off of the low cost of attendance, the average salary of a graduate in that particular field, and the number of graduates who are able to obtain a job in their field. Lamar University is located in the gulf, where engineering jobs are readily available.

I would tell myself to decide on the learning atmosphere that I would best succeed in, and that I need to focus in on those schools to visit, not just choose where my family or friends think I should go. I would also tell myself how important it is to get involved early on, because towards the last few semesters of college I will be too busy with internships and academics to focus on being really involved in a student organization. The college experience is a great one, so choose the right school wisely and enjoy every single moment that I have. Take advantage of each and every opporunity that there is to learn.

freddy

Everything you do in life does come back to you. If you do good in life, life will reward you. If you do bad, life will come back and haunt you.

One thing I wish I knew before I went to that school is how small the town.

Antony

i would tell myself to not let the being off by yourself get to your head. I would also tell myself to keep working hard because there will be more work and you will need to manage your time wisely and not succumb to the opportunities to slack off and go to parties and have fun without getting your work done. And make sure you exhaust all options to get free money from scholarships and grants to help pay for the college expenses without getting loans that you will have to pay back over time. Because the more free money you are able to get from scholarships and grants will help a lot more than you think.

I wish i had known about how many scholarships out there because school expences were higher than i thought. And also its a lot of work but if you manage your time wisely it's not a big deal.

Lamar university has a good communications program, and you will meet a lot of interesting people that can help you along with your future.

Lila

Lamar University is a very well organized school with a great diverse group of people. I'm glad I came here and am getting my education. Despite the fact that some professors are not all that interested in the students, I truly appreciate the ones who have motivated me to be strong and keep going. The cost to attend here may have gone higher due to some construction and a low grade football team but it is still worth it to come here.

Hey Lila, I need to talk to you before you walk across the stage. Obviously I’m you from the future; let’s get that fact out of the way. Listen carefully to what I’m about to tell you: In the next few years of your life, words like book costs, due dates, and tuition will cause a migraine. You’ll have to cease being prideful; be humble and take criticism/advice from others. There’ll be times when you’d rather clean up your room than solve twenty algebra problems that each take 15 minutes to solve. Despite these cons, I’m here to tell you there are people who’ll help you to succeed; it has to start with you. You’re a strong and confident woman. You always bounce back and go into action when misfortunes happen instead of worrying. Remember, it's always ok to ask questions. Oh, about the cost of everything, here’s a secret; it’s better to be poor for the next four years than to be poor the rest of your life. Take a deep breath, relax and I’ll see you in a couple of years.

The kind of person who can afford it.

Keenah

My school is a wonderful institution to attend with small classes and great professors that care about the students.

I would tell myself to save all the money that I can!!! Also, I would tell myself to practice as many helpful study habits as I can and read to expand my vocabulary and gain knowledge about the subjects i would be taking in college to better understand the classes. Lastly I would tell myself to mentally prepare to do things on my own.

I brag most about the size of my classes when i tell my friends about my school, because they are small. Also about how big our dorms are.

James

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

There are two major things I would tell my high school self. One is do not ever procrastinate. When you receive an assignment do it as soon as you can. At first it may seem like you have all the time in the world to accomplish what you need to accomplish, but believe me time flies so fast. Your deadlines will be on you before you know it. The second may sound weird given what I just said, but bear with me. Do not ever stress over what is going on. Overstressing will be your undoing. You will have school, a job, and probably a personal life. Just remember to take your work seriously, complete your assignments quickly devoting the proper time to them, and take a break from time to time. Everybody needs a chill time every now and then. So as long as you are organized you will be fine. Take your school seriously and remember that somebody somewhere is paying for this. So remember to be on top things and to not forget to breath.

I like telling people how well the professors work with me and my work schedule.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.