Banner Elk, NC
Lees-McRae College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lees-McRae College

Lisa

I have learned so much from the college atmosphere. When I started attending college I was fresh out of high school at 17. I saw it to be a relaxed environment and I only had to attend when I 'wanted' to. I then got a full time job and stopped going to school to start working and supporting myself. I now value hard work and strive for only excellence in my classes I currently attend to acheive the A grade I am capable of receiving. It is only from going to college and supporting myself that I see how much of a struggle life is. It is not as easy as we would like it to be, but going to college and bettering myself has been an eye-opening experience. I only hope to pass along the knowledge that I have learned and have yet to learn when I continue my education in the Nursing field, to my children. I have also learned from going to college, the importance of comradery amoungst my fellow peers and learning have a direct influence on eachother and that people can bring many ideas to light.

susan

My classmates are great!!!! We all work together and help each other out. When someone becomes discouraged, we all pitch in to help them feel better. They are Great!

Lees-McRae offers all students to be what they want, if they are willing to work for it. I have enjoyed my classes and my teachers. I appreciate all they have taught me and how they've worked with me when I've needed help. It's a great place to learn.

If you are a party person and not ready to commit to a field of study you may want to wait until you decide.

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks of you. Do what makes you happy. Be proud of yourself and lead your own life.

Do not procrastinate. It is easier to lower your GPA than bring it up. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there to others, if they don't like you, who cares? Do what you dream about doing and not what other people want you to do, after all it is your life. Lastly, never settle for good enough.

People who are looking to live in a city atmosphere should not attend this school.

All the ski slopes around, as well as all the outdoorsy things to do here.

Adam

Exactly how much snow the college actually receives. Cause it's a lot.

Exactly how much snow the college actually receives. Cause it's a lot.

College is like starting highschool all over again. You are no long a super star on the football, basketball, soccer, or baseball team. At a big college, you are a number. At a small college, help is readily available. You will make new friends and keep intouch with a few outfriends. It's your life so make the best of it, but make sure you can look yourself in the mirror the next morning.

Tiffany

Very opiononated, but open.

Very opiononated, but open.

Don't go to a school because of a sports team or just because a bunch of your friends are going. Pick a school that you like as a student because you are the one that will be there for four years. Going off the school is an amazing experience. You do not need your friend from home because you will meet lifelong friend in college. When deciding on a school, pick one for its academics and what will help you meet your career goal. Choosing a school is overwhelming if you make a pros and cons list of all your choices it shows you which the better choice is.

That playing a varisty sport would over take your life while in season.

Brittney

Lees-McRae is a private college and it's easier to interact with faculty and staff.

Visit every college you apply to, and spend a weekend with an existing student if you can. Students can really help you get a feel for how the campus really is. Go to a class or two with a student if you can. Also make sure you're aware of the school's credit transfer rate just in case you change your mind about where you want to go. You don't want to be stuck at a school because the majority of your credits will not transfer. And lastly go with your gut, if a school doesn't feel right then it's not the right school for you!

Lees-McRae is small, the walks to class are not very long.

Alex

Our school is best known for its athletics.

Our school is best known for its athletics.

I think that it is absolutely necessary that you and your parents visit the school you are thinking about attending. From this visit you can get a feel for the school and whether you think you can be successful there. Also, choose the school that fits your stlye the best. If you like small classrooms with lots of one on one interaction with your proffesors, choose a small school, or if you prefer lots of people choose a lager school.

Krista

I believe location and the fact that it is a small school is key for me. I only looked at one other school and was not impressed becuase it was much to big for me.

My advise would be to start looking during the end of your junior year of high school for colleges that best fit what you would like to study. Make a list of at least 10, then during the summer arrange college campus visits inorder to take a look and to talk with staff. I found this most helpful , even though my second stop was the college I wanted to go to. Once you have narrowed down the list of possiblities as soon as you start your senior year of high school send transcripts to those colleges. Develope a line of communication with someone in admissions that can help you. The advantage of a smaller college is that they get to know who you are . You have the chance to make closer friends if your at a small college as opposed to a large one., therefore making your whole experience enjoyable. At least that is how I feel.

I love Lees McRae College for the location and the fact that it iis a small college. The college is located in the mountains which I love due to the many different opportunities it offers, from skiing to hiking to just viewing nature. I like the outdoors. It is also a small college with smaller class room settings which allows teachers and staff to really get to know students. The staff is very caring and watchs out for their students. I couldn't have chosen a better college.

Laura

Always stick to your gut choice. Money and other issues will fade in comparision to an issue of being unhappy at a certain college.

My classmates are all supportive of one another and are all seeking the same goals even thought they may vary.

Lees-McRae College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.