Wilmington, CA
Los Angeles Harbor College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Los Angeles Harbor College

Cassandra
Los Angeles Harbor at a Glance

Los Angeles Harbor at a Glance

Los Angeles Harbor College is a good community college, especially for those seeking to transfer to a 4-year university. Counselors will be very helpful during the Ed, Plan process, and will be encouraging of your future plans (even if you aren't completely sure about some things). Professors will try to work with you and are helpful when it comes to providing academic assistance. If you need tutoring, there are free tutors in the library and through student services such as EOP&S. Student life on campus is still currently small, but our student government is very active and encourages new clubs. The more active you are on campus and well-planned you are with your classes will help make the most of your time here at LAHC.

Andre

I would tell myself not to worry. Back when I was in highschool, I thought that college was this place full of teachers that care nothing about whether or not you succeed and that if you couldn't swim in their academic pool then you'd drown and no one would bother to tell you how to swim. Now i know that on top of there being ample opportunity to find the help that you need to succeed in college, the college is also filled to the brim and perhaps overflowing with staff that do care about whether or not you succeed. I would tell myself the professors aren't there just to get their paycheck and that they are passionate about what they teach. In highschool I thought that college would just be more meaningless assignments and that there would be no discussing the material and that the professors would treat you like they were above you. Accordingly, I'd tell myself that humility is something that a lot of the professors have in spades and that there are many discussions on course material. I'd tell myself that college is going to be more fun than anything. Ever.

I consider the best thing about Harbor College to be the students and staff that make up the population of the campus. Everyone is just so nice and they all have their own interests and goals. On any given day when walking around campus I could run into several people that I've met on campus and made friends with. It makes me happy knowing that could happen. It makes me feel like the campus is truely alive and bursting with live in the form of students that just radiate their own vibrant personality that is unique to them.

If you can't or don't want to go to a 4 year university but still want a quality eduation then you should attend Harbor College. It's a place the makes you forget that its a community college. Its a constantly evolving campus that gets better every year. Its organized and there are plently of really delightful on-campus activities that one can get involved in. There is something at harbor college for everyone regardless of what your education goals are or what personal hobbies or interests you may have.

As a student in high school, I have been able to take dual credit for an Advanced Placement English course. As a result, I have been capable of building my college education at an early start. This prepares me for more rigorous classes in my future as I plan to attend a 4 – year university in the upcoming year. Taking an AP Dual Credit couse, I am putting myself ahead of my peers and classmates. College courses give high school students more of a challenge to work for a dedicated education and knowledge. It shows persistence that a student is truly working toward a positive future. Being a high school senior, I value the experience of challenging myself to do well in school to better prepare myself for the education I have in upcoming years. I am saving myself time and money taking a dual credit course. Time because it's conveniently at my high school combined with my senior English Literature class. Traveling to a university is not necessary. Spending unnecessary money is avoidable because it is a part of my high school courses. I am saving money this way to use it for future classes in college.

Cory

Los Angeles Harbor College has been the most enjoyable school of the three colleges I have attended since Fall 2007; my instructors are more knowledgable and dedicated to their students than any I have had prior.

While first attending a California State University for two and a half years, then a community college, and now Loa Angeles Harbor College, if there is any one valuable thing that I have learned, it is simply that college is what you make of it. If you want to succeed, you will; if you want to skip class and waste your time away, fine. The choice is yours! I made some wrong decisions in my early college years, and I now know that this is my life, and this is my future! Carpe diem: seize the day!

I honestly cannot say that I have encountered anything frustrating or negative while attending Los Angeles Harbor College; the only frustrating part of it is that I am back at a community college and behind on my path to graduation.

Holda

Apply to as many scholarships as you can possibly do. Learn good student habits. Save money and spend wisely. Buy a car and get a license. Make school the first priority. Drop a class if I know for a fact I will not be able to pass by a certain deadline before the bad grade stays on my record.

The best thing about my school is that it allows people to get a second chance of starting over when it comes to their education. It allows the students to start over through different programs such as the P.A.C.E., EOP&S, FAFSA, the Transfer Program and more.

How comfortable it is in the music building, the great practice rooms and the comfortable hours they are open. The P.A.C.E. Program for working students. The math and english labs that are opened for extended hours. The metro student TAP card that is offered for only fifteen dollars; which allows the student to ride the bus for about six months. A marvelous Music Program, an outstanding Nursing Program, and wonderful Culinary Program, cooking and baking very delicious foods and selling it at affordable prices.

Kenia

A word that can desdcribe my school would be "fair", not inadequate nor prestigious.

I attend a community college, which is pretty average. One good quality that this school offers students is the oppurtunity to transfer to a University and many have suceeded in doing so. In reality it just all depends on how one actually looks at it. It's important and essential to have a good attitude or the desire to learn(pass the class) and accomplish one's dreams.

"I could have done better", is the only thought that comes to mind when I reminisce about my high school years. Life isn't a one-way paved road that has a big sign stating, "This Way is the Right Way",but instead it's an abyss where one can't escape if preparation and self-disciplined isn't applied. If I had the opputunity to return back in time I would advice myself to get involved in more school activities and community service. Also to be more social because in college one must have good communication skills, especially when presentaions come around . Most importantly to know exactly what I want to pursue in as a career , because it's time-consuming when being undecided. The only thing I don't regret is doing good in school academically, but in some cases that isn't quite enough. Eventhough I wasn't accepted to a prestigious school, my honor classes taught me how to take control over amounts of unexpected homework assignments. Since I only graduated last year the only thing I would do is warn myself about dealing with a long list of possible career and life choices.

Sara

In the tougher science classes the students are more focused and serious about their education.

First off, i would have worked a lot harder to get better grades and a higher G.P.A. Secondly, i would have forced myself to take all of the practice ACT and SAT tests and the practice AP tests. I would have also visited the college councelor a lot more and obtained more information on how to apply to schools and the deadlines. In addition, I would have started taking classes in the Human Services Academy that would have accredited me to be atleast an ANS nurse by this point.

The parking is beginning to be a nightmare and with fees going up in bigger colleges, it is becoming over crowded.

If I could go back in time and suggest wisdom to my high school self I would have to say it's okay to let people go. When you go to college a lot of your friends have gone to different schools or have taken up different hobbies since they went to high school. I guess the hardest thing for me since I have been in college is letting go of people who use to matter to me. The people who really care and love you, will stick around no matter what. Also, if I could go back in time I would have to say put more effot in. My first semester the only thing I was concentrated on was getting a music certificate, now I plan on getting my BA in music. So I guess I would have told myself that if you are going to do this, go for it all the way. Now I am taking classes to catch up on what I missed out on.

What I brag about my school is how really inexpensive it is to go. Most of my friends are going to universities to get there GEs out of the way and paying so much money. When I plan to transfer in the long run I will have spent less money then them in tution.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. If you have early morning classes you have to get there extra early to get a parking spot.

Adriana

The advice I know I will give myself is to take every single class seriously. I have learned that being accepted into a Cal State is a great honor, and even though I know the carreer I am interested in of being a high school counselor, the sociology classes are not the only important classes. Even though the general education classes are required, there is no excuse to not attend a class or even feel that getting by with a C is acceptable. Because as of my third year in college i am forced to file an educational leave even though i was recieving B's in my sociology classes, recieving C's and D's in my general education classes would not cut for myself to recieve a BA. Therefore, I am now in Financial Aid differment and now attending a two-year community college.

Before I started attending LAHC, i wish i had known what i wanted from my education and hoped that i had taken the less interesting classes a lot more seriously.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who already knows the educational path they would enjoy walking through and knowing the hard work it will take to reach their goal.

David

My life as a high school senior was full of hard work, but with many great times with my friends and family. When I was applying for colleges, I did not know what to expect college life was going to be. I would go to the school orientations of how college life at a university would be, but I knew that being told something about experience and experiencing the college are two separate things. With what I know and have experienced with the year and half a semester I have been in school, I would have told myself the importance of time because time is an extreme factor for managing work, which I used to lack in. My time management has progressed over time, but, if I were to give the experience and advice to my high school senior self, my management of work and study would bring me the edge to sense how to plan and do. I would be more responsible for this advice, and my discipline in work would bring me A's in all of my classes. I would create that balance that I need in my life to accomplish everything under a specific time.

Los Angeles Harbor College is an opportunity for students that are serious about their career and future to give students the resources they need to succeed. They have various A.A. degree programs that directs students into the field they want to get into.

A person that is motivated and wanting to change their life should attend Los Angeles Harbor College, or any college. One who wants to expand their horizons by pursuing higher education should attend this school.

Los Angeles Harbor College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.