Los Angeles Harbor College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Los Angeles Harbor College

Kimberly

Los Angeles Harbor College is a small Community college with a clean campus, reliable professors, and overall safe environment. LAHC always has a clean campus with well kept grassy areas, cafeteria, library, classrooms etc. where students can spend time with friends and/or study. Classrooms and buildings are always accessible and are currently being updated/remodeled. LAHC is currently under construction with a new student union building underway as well as a brand new cafeteria. The campus' library, child development center, and marquise sign have been recently undated. Professors at LAHC truly care about their students' well being and success, are available during their office hours, and are willing to make appointments with you aside from classroom and office hours. There are sherifs on campus at all times, students are always friendly and approachable, and you can often see people interacting safely outdoors.

Chelsea

Overall a great campus. Instructors for the most part are available and eager to help. There's definitely a good amount of instructors who truly, truly care for their students. The ASO (Associated Student Organization) is an amazing organization and advocate for the students. Club activities are encouraged.

Cassandra

Los Angeles Harbor College is a good community college, especially for those seeking to transfer to a 4-year university. Counselors will be very helpful during the Ed, Plan process, and will be encouraging of your future plans (even if you aren't completely sure about some things). Professors will try to work with you and are helpful when it comes to providing academic assistance. If you need tutoring, there are free tutors in the library and through student services such as EOP&S. Student life on campus is still currently small, but our student government is very active and encourages new clubs. The more active you are on campus and well-planned you are with your classes will help make the most of your time here at LAHC.

Vanessa

Harbor College is overall a great school. The campus is being remodeled and is coming along great! The teachers are awesome, I dont have a single complaint about any of them. However, the financial aid department is terrible. They are only open certain days with split hours. Also the campus location is not in the safest area. My overall experience at Harbor has been wonderful.

Isla

It's a great environment! I'm there for school not to have fun, there is so much great opportunities on campus for us.

jasmine

The campus has developed and changed for the better in the past three or so years. The classes are really well put together, and the overall appearance is great. Like most places, there are some good and not so good professors. The classes are expanding. However, to meet with a counselor or someone in financial aid seems to still be a prolonged experience.

Sydney

LAHC gets a bad rep for some reason but honestly i love it here. Some professors are not great (its a community college so thats normal) but it helps to look on ratemyprofessor.com because all of the ones ive had have been really amazing. Taco trucks everyday, one in the parking lot and one parks on campus. Love this school and sad that I have to leave when i transfer.

Charlene

Though a community college, Los Angeles Harbor College serves as a quality school for students of all age groups and all ethnic groups. The campus is incredibly clean and continues to develop to present day, as new buildings are still being built. The staff is amazing. As a first year student, I am extremely comfortable with the other students and the staff, as the atmosphere is refreshing and relaxing.

Nina Bianca

Los Angeles Harbor college is a good school to go to. There may be some pros and cons tho. Majority of the professors are really helpful even though options may be limited. The school is also active when it comes to extracurricular activities. We have so many clubs and organizations to join to. The school campus is safe. Most of the time you will see Sheriffs walking around to check everyone. The only thing I think the school lacks is food options. There's not much option when it comes to food.I'm talking about real foods so if you're trying to be healthy just bring your own food to school.

Michelle

Los Angeles Harbor College has one of the best nursing programs in the nation. It is my first year attending Harbor College and have already felt welcomed to the school. the professors are helpful and encourage staying after class if extra help is needed. The students who attend are very open minded and out going. Harbor's basketball team is very good in the Community College level. Tickets are very affordable and attending games are very encouraged to get the best feeling of college even though this is a community college. It is very local to my house which is another pro to going to Harbor College. I know I will enjoy my time here.

Jude Russel

I have been at this school for awhile, and have taken a variety of classes offered by the school. The Professors are very friendly and are more than willing to help their students. The counselors are extremely helpful, and do their best to make sure you are on the correct path to success.

jacqueline

Los Angeles Harbor College is an overall good school to attend. although the school is quite small it is maintained clean. Harbor college is a good school to attend when trying to begin your studies or are a full time parent and have a little time to ines sel

Jasmyn

The financial aid, payroll, and personnel office can use a little help. They're not as proficient as you'd want them to be. Some of the professors don't really help the students out as it's needed. Some also go to fast in the lecture so it's harder to keep up. At least in the math classes. The art class are pretty easy.

Genesee

It’s a school that encourages learning in a small environment. I’m able to learn constantly through my peers. I’ve had amazing professors in the psychology department would totally recommend. Even though it’s a small school you are able to be in a diverse setting that is constantly pushing people to learn.

Harmony

It is a good community college

I love it here! The student population is great! I get one on one help whenever I needed. This is a clean and friendly campus.

Jazmin

Going to Harbor College has been the school decision I have made. Its a community college but I got me through the general education classes I need to transfer to Cal state. This school got me accepted to Cal State Los Angeles and have me on the waiting list at Cal State Sacramento. The professors I have had at this school really help me pass the general education courses that seem to be extremely hard. While I am attending this school, I am involved in two programs which are Harbor Advantage and UMOJA Program. I have met some amazing students that want the same thing I want which is to be successful and make the dreams come true. I am on my last semester and plan on graduating this June and I am very excited about this because this have been a long process and it coming to an end. I am proud of myself for getting this far in my life. I also had a support group at school and at home. I am ready to transfer and become successful in my career which is social work.

Gisselle

The best community college anyone can attend. I came here right out of high school and had the most welcoming experience all the way from working on campus, meeting staff/professors, and utilizing all of the amazing resources provided. Attending LAHC was a good way to kick off my career as I was able to network with many people and find ways to a smooth experience in college. The clubs, facilities, and overall surroundings are what helped me succeed!

I started at Los Angeles Harbor College in the Fall of 2017, I am currently finishing up the last of my AA requirements and plan to transfer to a four year University in the fall. The campus is nice, the majority of the buildings have been recently remodeled. Overall I have had a great experience at LAHC, I have had so many wonderful professors who really want to see their students to succeed. I feel the education I have received here will serve as an excellent foundation for me as I move on to a 4-year school to complete my degree.

jesinya

I have been attending Los Angeles Harbor College to obtain a Nursing Degree. So far, all staff and professors have been extremely helpful in helping me obtain any goals that I have set to achieve a degree. I believe that this school is a great choice in pursuing careers.

STEVE

LAHC is a great campus overall. there are great professors and classes even though occasionally we struggle to get classes. I love the cafeteria even though they don't open until about two weeks into the semester. I was a part of the ASO and it was a very interesting experience. I saw how much power students had to affect the campus decisions. I also played for the soccer team, and it was quite an experience. Overall I think LAHC is a nice place to kick off your college education.

Chloe

It's not big, because it's not a university. However, most of what you learn in your first and second years will be similar to that of a bigger school. By attending a great community college like Los Angeles Harbor College, you will save thousands of dollars just to learn the same objectives anyone would at a university. If eligible, you may even get your first and second years free! Take advantage of what the school has to provide and you'll be set. On side note, there are many activities to join if you look around enough.

Alexia

Los Angeles Harbor College is a very friendly and welcoming school. All staffs and students are very kind and helpful. Does a lot of events that can help students with their major or just to meet new people. Also includes fun activities such as getting jumpers, games, pizzas, etc. Would definitely recommend to a friend to go to Harbor College and I don’t regret a single thing about going here. All professors are very good with their own kinds of teaching skills and very helpful with their office hours.

Jorge

i think it is a good place, specially the architecture department in which i have been so blessed to have access to for the past four years. There is always something new being built which is nice for students that are interested in any of the aspects of the construction of habitats.

Maryam

I think it's a great school. Everyone is there to learn and the teachers actually care about the students, and are available to help at any time. It's also really easy to enroll in classes and find timings and schedules that work for you. The staff at the offices are also nice.