Jacksonville, IL
MacMurray College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MacMurray College

MacMurray College is and has always been referred to as MacFam, this is so true. We assist each other with homework assignments, presentations, and studying for final exams. It's not I oriented, but rather we oriented. MacMurray College definitely has a hometown feel to it. So to say that it is family would be an understatement.

Chilo

I like the college and the academics are great. Small campus so people know you, professors know you and you can build relationships very easily. The facilities are not too bad, but they would be the reason I would not attend this college. Overall MacMurray is a good school to attend.

Clifford

My overall opinion of MacMurray College is good. I believe it is a college that allows students to feel like they are a family. The education is good, the teachers are very available and help with anything need and the campus life is great.

Macmurray is a school where you feel more like a small family than a college. The freshman dorms are not the best but they are do able. Your floor mates make you feel like a family Campus security can be very helpful when they are needed and are often spotted walking around campus.

Courtney

I would go back in time and tell myself that my appearanc isn't everything. That people will love me for who I am and not for what they want me to be. I would tell myself not to always worrying about making other people happy and basing my decsions off of them. I am me and I will do whatever I choose. I would also tell myself that college brings freedom that I've been dreaming of and to enjoy my four years there and the little moments.

The best thing about MacMurray college is the center for learning excellence. You can get any help there that you need, no matter what subject you are struggling in. Someone is always willing to help you out. Whether it is another student or a teacher.

I brag about the school spirt and how all the students are so laid back and kind.

Kelsie

Be prepared for change; this is the pivotal time for it. Embrace it, and use it as a time to mold yourself into that person you always pictured you would be when you grew up. Don't settle for anything less than what you truly desire; now isn't the time to settle. Make your education your top priority, and dating your bottom priority. Give your schooling your all, every day of the week, no matter how exhausted or stressed-out you may be, because in the end, it will all be worth it.

The professors here are extremely helpful and truly want to see their students excel and achieve their goals. They are flexible with their office hours and are willing to donate time and effort in assuring that student's educational needs are being met.

One who is overly-conservative and narrow-minded to differences in ideas and culture. The school is diverse on numerous levels, especially ethnicity and religion.

Kendra

If I could go back and give myself advice I would tell myself not to stress. College is the best time of your life. There is not drama like there is in high school. Everyone is always friendly and welcoming. Also do not be afraid to ask questions. There have been hundreds of new students before you and they have all probably asked the same questions. One good thing I learned was during the first week of school while you are in your room keep your door open. This allows people to come in and talk to you and its an easier way to make friends. Also if you are going to shower make sure your roommate knows so he/she does not lock you out of the room.

Before I came to MacMurray I was very nervous. I am from a small town and have known my fellow students all my life. One thing I wish I had known was how friendly the students at MacMurray really are. If I am having a bad day I can count on any of the students here to cheer me up.

One of the worst things about this school is the construction being done on campus. I live in the dorm right next to the building being torn down. The workers are loud every day of the week very early in the mornings.

Stephen

Great small class atmosphere to help with one on one support from the faculty.

Great small class atmosphere to help with one on one support from the faculty.

Just because you are a senior never slack in your studies. Please continue to strive for the best academically. Work on your study skills. It is very important to work on your time management because your parents are not going to be there to tell you when and what you need to do. It is ok to let others in your cirlce you never know but that person could be an asset to you in reaching your goals. Remember it's okay to ask questions when you don't know the answers. It's cooler to ask than to act like you know and you don't.

If you are from a large metropolitan area this school is not for you. This school is located in a small town and there is not very much to do in the community.

Robyn

The first thing I would tell myself is that the dual credit courses offered by our school are not stupid. the classes really will help you in the long run. Another thing I would like to tell myself is that the ACT and SAT are very important when it comes to which college you go to, so do not just blow them off and not study at all.

Rebekah

The people there was really nice . The Phi Nu Society women really embrassed me as one of them.

What Advice I would give myself about selecting a college? I would tell myself to not be afraid to go far away from home. I would tell myself not to go to a school too close to home. I would make sure I make my decision based on the degree program I want to earn , as well as the scholarship options available to me. When transitioning from high school to college, I would make sure I visit the school. I would get to know my roommate before school start. I would drive around the area or get to know the public transportation better. I would make sure there is at least on school activity, club, or sporting events I am willing to participate in. This will help me make more friends and have a better college experience. The most important thing I would inform myself of is learning how to manage my money better. Don't get caught in applying and using major credit cards. It is great to be able to keep up with your friends then, but the damage it does to your credit can take a lifetime to fix. Lastly, be a young adult and have fun.

It was too small. The town was too much of a party town. It seemed as if students and teachers was more aware with what happen outside the school then the inside of it.

MacMurray College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.