North Manchester, IN
Manchester University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Manchester University

Abigail

In 2007, an F4 tornado tore through my home town, destroying my high school. As a result, my fellow classmates and I were moved to the local junior college to attend classes. In the months approaching graduation, I struggled to decide where I would go to school. I did not want to attend our junior college because I had already been there for a year and a half. After much debate, I applied to Enterprise Ozark Community College because I was eligible for a full scholarship. I was not looking forward to starting school there, but as the months passed, I began to really enjoy it. I became involved in numerous activities, including Student Government Association, ESCC Mentors, Phi Theta Kappa, Spirit Club, and Diamond Dolls, and made several, wonderful, new friends. I enjoyed the smaller classes there because I got to know my teachers and classmates better. I believe that I was better educated because I had one-on-one time with my professors. I consider my education very valuable and would not trade my experience for anything. I have grown tremendously as a person and academically.

I will be a freshman in college, so i do not have a not to say about my college experience, but when i went on my first college visit the faculty and staff made me feel very welcome. They were so helpful on any questions that i had or anything i needed help with. Also when i went to sign up for registration day, the staff was very helpful. I think this college is one of the best in the state because they are really concerned with helping their students succeed in which mjor they pursue in college. My college experience is very limited because of course i am just now entering the real world, and i just recently graduted high school in the class of 2010, but i am positive i will succeed at Manchester.

A person that does not care about being late to class, because those teachers will call or text you and ask you why you werent present in their class on that day.

Manchester is a beautiful campus. The faculty and staff are always more than welcome to help you with anything you need. There is a small student teacher ratio, so you do get one on one help rather than have a big school that has a class of 300, and a teacher may not be able to help you.

Jordan

I think my biggest advice to myself would just be to relax and have more fun. I was extremely worried about my transition to college. I know that most kids just want to get out of the house and go off to college, but I was a little more reluctant. I really love my family, and my high school experience was wonderful. Therefore, I was scared to go off on my own and really experience the world around me. I was extremely excited, though, too. I worked very hard in school, and I think that sometimes I forgot to just cherish every minute I had with the people around me. I've learned that college is really quite amazing. I have made some amazing friends, and I have learned so much. I love getting to learn about my upcoming career as a special education teacher! The transition to college is a whole new experience, but as long as you are willing to jump out of your shell and open up to new people and new experiences, it is absolutely amazing! If I were a high school senior now, I would simply tell myself to relax, work hard, and have fun!

I think the worst thing about Manchester College is the lack of student support in athletics. There is always a very small student section at all of the sporting events. I am a cheerleader here, and I get very discouraged when it seems like none of the students really want to come out and support each other. However, the teams are all very close, and they have pretty decent records. Everyone is supportive of the teams, but if one is expecting a huge turnout of fans, they will not find it at Manchester College.

I believe that extremely dedicated individuals who are serious about their future careers should definitely attend this school. The motto here is that Manchester College graduates students with ability and conviction. If one wants a college where the professors are extremely personable and helpful, Manchester College is perfect. All of my professors have really taken time to get to know me personally. Also, all of the students and the rest of the staff and administration are extremely friendly and helpful. If one wants to feel like they fit and belong while really challenging themselves, I would greatly recommend Manchester College.

Gabrielle

Manchester is the college where I can grow into what I want to be tomorrow.

Manchester is the college where I can grow into what I want to be tomorrow.

Seemingly endless weeks of scholarships? No challenge. Visiting various campuses and making the final decision? Piece of cake. Packing, re-packing and cramming everything into the car? A little more difficult but manageable with some planning. Rooming with your best friend? Big mistake. Although it may seem perfect rooming with the best friend, it?s quite the opposite. The first few weeks seem to float by with only a few bumps in the road. Tensions begin to rise over the most minuscule matter, and before I knew it, we were always mad at each other for some reason. I was the more ?social butterfly? and had people popping in to talk or watch movies while she remained silent and studious. The rift grew wider until we were unable to converse without some snide comment being said. Fortunately, we have grown from this experience and the situation is working out better. I wish I could have told myself not to room with my best friend and avoided our clashes. It would have saved many tears and cold words.

Lynette

Manchester College is known for various areas of study. The most well-known area of study is the education department. Accounting, pre-med and excercise science are other popular majors. Manchester is also known for the student-professor relationships. The professors at Manchester College work hard in getting to know their students individually. Manchester College is best known for allowing their students to participate in as many extra-curricular activities as their schedule allows. The professors, coaches, and leaders at Manchester College make all opportunities possible.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy my senior year. Stressing about college too soon will ruin the end of your senior year and college itself. As for information about college life, I would tell myself to not pack every single piece of clothing, shoes and purses I own. College dorm rooms are not as big as bedrooms at home. I would also tell myself to participate in as many extra-curricular activities that I can. Many activities are flexible and will work with your schedule. Most importantly, I would tell myself to stay on campus as much as possible. Coming home every weekend will make you home-sick and staying on campus is much more fun! College life and making the transition depends on what type of personality one has; you have to be willing to find that out yourself. Although, the best advice I could give myself is to make friends with your roommate and your neighbors; if not, your first year could be very tough.

Manchester College allows all persons to attend the college as long as the individual meets the requirements. The kind of person who wouldn't fit at Manchester would be one who slacks on their work and doesn't try. One shouldn't attend Manchester if they are looking for the easy way out or if they are unable to finance the education. At Manchester, you have to be willing to put forth the effort and have fun while doing the work.

Kathleen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself not to stress so much. Through my senior year I stressed about not knowing anyone, I also worried that classes would be harder and I wouldn't be able to pass them. I quiclky learned that I didnt need to worry about either one of those things. Everyone is friendly and it is easy to make friends. In high school I didn't think about everyone else being in the same boat I was. I wasn't the only one going to a new school. Everyone else seemed to be as nervous as I was and we all seemed to be looking for a friend so we knew at least one person. The classes are harder, but coming to a smaller school like Manchester made the transition easier. The classes are small, so the professor sees each student as an individual and not just a number. Professors are also willing to give one-on-one time to help, or they are at least willing to find help for you. I didn't need to stress so much about the transition.

The best thing about attending Manchester College is the student-teacher relationships. The classes are small enough to where the professors can get to know everyone individually. I enjoy that because if I am struggling with homework or the class the professors will take time out of their day to accommodate my needs. Also some of the professors will even give out personal phone numbers in case you need to reach them when they are not on campus. It is the best thing about coming here because it makes you an individual and not just another number.

The only bad thing I can think of about attending Manchester would be the location. It is in a very small town and you have to drive about a half hour to get to a bigger town with more ammenities. Most of the basic thing you need are right in town, but it would also be nice to have a Walmart or Meijer so you could get everything in one place.

Benjamin

Things are about to change dramatically. You will experience freedom you have never had, and form relatioships that change your life. You will learn some information that tints the way you see the world. I know you don't see it now, but you will lose some of those you love most, but only for a while. Some of your best friends won't understand you. You will be broken more times in a year than you have been in the last 10 years, but just hang on. Find more time to spend with God and keep those you meet in prayer. If you have an idea, run with it!!! Anything is possilbile so dont miss any chances. There will be times that you know you are exactly where you should be, and times that you dont recognize yourself. Just remember that both these experiences are a part of this journey! Though you dont understand some of the events that are soon to transpire, just keep your heart set on serving the Lord and getting to know Him, and above all, please Be the change you want to see in the world, and be willing to live, laugh, and love.

Someone who is looking for a school that will challenge them accademically and personally. Someone who is academically focused and can make their own fun.

The fact that we simply cannot seem to get the minority students and international students to mest together as well as we would like. Everyone stays where they are comfortable.

Kristin

My classmates are very friendly and very into what they are doing.

My classmates are very friendly and very into what they are doing.

I would say get involved in clubs and campus activities early. Don't wait till you have gotten settled in becuase by that time everyone has already made their friends and some are not interested in making new ones. Getting involved also keeps you from getting homesick...so stay busy.

The school serves the leftovers from lunch for dinner in a different form.

It is probably best known for being academically challenging.

It is probably best known for being academically challenging.

Employers seem to really like Manchester College graduates, which makes us confident that we will have a job when we graduate.

If I could go back in time I would advise myself to live on campus during college and apply for more scholarships before college!

Manchester University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.