Manchester University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Manchester University

Gabrielle

amazing

Shardane

I really enjoy Manchester, it's very small and it feels like home away from home. You get to know a lot of people because it is so small. There are a lot of different groups and activities that you can join and be a part of, that's where you meet most of your friends. You get to know the professors really well and you can trust them. My overall experience so far has been really great, and I can't wait to continue my time there.

Alexis

Manchester is a respected school with great faculty and academics. It's a small school which affords the opportunity to know your faculty and students more in depth. Manchester offers programs in Psychology such as Industiral Organizational which are not offered at other undergraduate schools. The campus is safe and staff are responsive to needs of the student. I would highly recommend Manchester University.

Mallory

When I was first looking for colleges and universities to potentially attend I thought the only things that mattered to me were how the sports programs were, did they have my major, and how the institution looked in general. It was a very naive way of thinking and looking for where I would spend the next 4 years at least. But, something happened when I came and visited Manchester for the first time. The atmosphere felt entirely different from any other school I had been too. There was no intimidation, friendly faces were everywhere, wonderful staff and students, and an over all feeling of home. I had visited Purdue, IU, Aurora University, University of Tampa, and University of Southern Florida. All of them are fantastic schools, but none of them were able to provide the same feelings that came when at Manchester. Sure we may not have the best athletics, a large campus, and we definitely aren't in a highly populated area, but that is okay. Here we have plenty of diversity, clubs and activities always taking place, a tight knit student body, opportunities for students to broaden their horizons in anyway you can imagine, and most importantly there is always a place for anyone here. We encourage people to come as they are and not to be afraid of being themselves. If I am ever asked what schools I would recommend for high school students I will always recommend Manchester. But, then I will tell them that they should keep their minds open for schools that they might not expect to like. Because, you never know what its going to be like until you take a step on campus and experience for it yourself.

David

I have enjoyed my learning here at Manchester University. Everyone is very friendly towards each other. It is like living with a big family. I am involved in many clubs and athletics. The professors are easily accessible whenever they are needed. I would highly recommend Manchester to anybody.

keeli

At the beginning of the year, I thought Manchester was a terrible place. I felt that it was too small and that there was not a whole lot going on. However looking back now that the year is coming to a close I realized that this school is actually pretty fantastic. There is always a helping hand or a friendly face when you need it and there are so many opportunities that many kids do not get at other colleges. Manchester Univesity has a lot to offer, you just have to be willing to open up to the people and the community.

Sydnee

Manchester is a great community. Everyone is supportive and friendly. It may be a small town, but there are plenty of fun things to do on campus and you don’t have to go far to find others. The academics are challenging-in a good way! The facility is always there for you and make an effort to know your name.

Adreanna

In my opinion of Manchester University, the campus is wonderful. Every student will talk to you no matter if they know you or not. It is a very welcoming college. Classes are enjoyable. You get one on one help from the teachers. You can walk around at night and not feel scared. It's a nice private college.

Marly

Overall, I think it's a great school with dedicated teachers and small class sizes. If one wants a college with a small campus and friendly atmosphere, along with a great education system, Manchester is the place to go. However, if one is looking for good food and a less expensive tuition, they should look elsewhere.

Manchester University has made a huge impact on my life. Thanks to this school, I have been able to travel the world easily and discover what I love and what I want to do in life. Manchester University has helped me discover my passion for animals and the professors are currently helping me the best they can to be accepted into a graduate school for Veterinary Medicine. This school's first priority are it's students and that is what make it different from other schools.

Zacharias

I like the university but, there are always things that can be rearranged and improved. That's not just here at Manchester that is everywhere. But for instance there have been recent studies done to improve retention rates, and most schools that have high retention rates spend a lot of money on their athletics. For example Manchester does not have a recreation center for students all the students not in sports have to share the basketball courts/ wait for the courts to open up until the basketball team is done or even the wrestling team doesn't have their own room they are in the aux gym and other students can not go in their until the wresters are done practicing and mopping the mats off. Overall opinion on the school is improvement would be nice

Rorie

The university has a 98 % rating for having graduating students get accepted to Medical School, which I will be applying for. The campus is nice, not too spread out and the classrooms are the right size, not too many students. The university makes sure that there are plenty of tutors to help you if you need it so you won't struggle. The dorm life looks fun along with the many activities the campus has to offer.

Mercedes

Manchester University is a place full of opportunity and growth. The core value of being your best self really shines through in everything Manchester has to offer. From academics to sports and extracurriculars, there is a place for everyone at Manchester and it guarantees nothing short of success. Manchester is a home away from home and really pushes its students to be the best version of themselves. Manchester is the underdog of Universities, we may not seem that impressive at first glance, but we always end up surprising people.

Marly

Manchester University has a safe campus that is inhabited by people from all walks of life. Intellectuals, artists (of all sorts), and athletes share classrooms and food with each other which gives everyone a chance to consider what others have to say.

Carissa

Manchester University is a very welcoming and open minded school. Since starting I have been privileged to make life long friends. In addition, Manchester offers classes in a variety of fields, such as gender studies and exercise science. This variety allows for students to take classes in not only in their major, but also in any other field that interests them. By attending this school, I feel that not only do I receive a well rounded education, I am also becoming prepared to take on the world after I graduate.

Cristal

It’s a very wonderful place to be!excited to be able to attend in the fall, can’t wait to make new experiences with the professors and alumni that attend.always ready to learn and have a great time at MU!!! They have amazing places to attend and reveal culture and new experiences

david

If you are someone who has fun with friends and just hanging out this school is good for you. it has small class sizes and the teachers get to know you. But on the down side there is nothing to do off campus, its in a small town. If you do not own a car you will have to walk around ten min to the nearest store. Luckily there is a pizza hut and they deliver.

Anna

I love Manchester University, it really is my home away from home. Being six hours away I thought I would be really lost but I have a great roommate and people help me out all the time either my professors or other students.

Zoe

This is a developing college. It is a predominately white college meaning there are less than 200 black students and students of other minorities. The profesors are always available and because the town is small there are very many communal ties (so easy community service). From end to end the campus is about a 10 minute slow paced walk, meaning you could wake up five minutes before class and be there on time. They take into account the views of the students to maximize retention and student growth.

Korynn

My overall review is positive. Though I have only been going here for a semester and a half I have really enjoyed being here. I have excelled in my classes, met great friends, and have had the opportunity to play volleyball here. It is a small town so you have access to some things but it is small so it can be boring.

Jarod

We really enjoyed our visit. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Jenna

My overall opinion of Manchester University is one that I feel most current students would agree with. Although I am only a first-year student at Manchester, my time here thus far has been a wonderful experience. Each and every faculty member and professor I have encountered shows how much they care about the community and students and are constantly there for you if you are ever in need of service. Even though the school is located in an extremely small town, Manchester never fails to provide us activities and opportunities to get involved on campus.

Hailey

It is a beautiful school, from the looks, to faculty, to students. Everyone one works hard to make sure that our schooling is a success.

Kiana

Manchester University has always been my favorite college. They are very caring of their students and very helpful. There is always someone available on campus to talk to or to get help from. Im excited to start the new chapter in my life at Manchester University.

Vanessa

My overall opinion on Manchester University is that it not necessarily a bad University. It is just the fact that there's not many things to do during your free time and or the weekends. Like downtown North Manchester is cute but all their shops are closed pretty early, leaving you bored and not occupied. The University is nice and campus has a lot of activities to get involved with which can be very exciting and fun.

Sean

It's a small school that tries its best to get the students what they need. Their priorities aren't always in check however due to them prioritizing future freshmen over the students that go to their school currently. They ignore the obvious maintenance to their dorm halls and facilities as well as give the students mediocre food. The teachers are amazing and don't mind helping the students. The classes are diverse and are fun to be in. Manchester has its flaws, but overall it's a good school to consider

Sadie

Manchester University overall is a good school. The only terrible things on campus is the food. The food that they serve is not the best and most people on campus agree. Majority of the people who go to Manchester University they are very inclusive and are there for anyone who might need help. If you are looking for friends students are always inviting towards everyone. The professors are also very helpful with anything you need, whether it's about your school work or if you just need someone there because you are having a breakdown.

Sierra

I start in fall 2019 for Manchester but I’ve visited a lot and it is an amazing place. Everyone is friendly and you don’t feel uncomfortable and there are lots of things to do on campus for fun and lots of sports and clubs as well. Faculty is super helpful and they want you to succeed,

Chance

Very good University overall. The food is wonderful. The extra curricular activities are great as well as the support system from not only the fans but the coaches as well. The professors are always available majority of the time when we need their help. It’s all just fantastic.

Heavyn

I have visited Manchester multiple times and I love the school. My boyfriend, as well as his sister, attend and they love it as well. The dorms are very nice to stay in and are a good size. The off-campus housing is also a very nice place to live. The cafeteria has a large selection of food and all are delicious. The class size is a very good ratio and is part of why I chose this school. Overall, I am very pleased with the school and I plan to attend there in the Fall!