Fond Du Lac, WI
Marian University-Fond Du Lac

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marian University-Fond Du Lac

Tracy

A nice and small community with decent sized classes but a lack of dedication from students.

I would tell myself to not waste the money for on campus living, it was a terrible experience and over priced. I am learning much more by driving, along with saving money and being happier overall. I would tell myself that I like the size of classes and teachers at Marian, but to contemplate choosing a more academically rigorous school, because of the lack of effort from fellow undergraduates. I would say to compare the cost of more academically focused schools to what Marian costs and see which would fit my financial abilities and academic success the best.

The worst thing about Marian is the lack of dedication from students in the main undergraduate program. They hold back teh classes to go slower through the material because people are not trying, which causes the people who want to learn to lose knowledge, by sometimes not finishing all the material.

The one great thing that is unique about Marian is your ability to feel like you are really part of the school. Not only, are there smaller class sizes so you do get to connect with your professors, but there is orientation at the beginning of each year for freshman and transfer students, so that you can get a real feel for campus and get to know other students. At Marian you really feel welcome where at other schools you may feel like just another student.

So far in my college experience I have gained a true confidence in myself. I was always the shy girl through high school, but after starting college at Marian everyone has shown me to be confident in who I am because they will all accept me for who I am. Not only am I now more talkative than I was before, but I have gained many friendships and involvement in school activities. I believe it has been so valuable to me because I had always wanted to be more confident about myself and now I am able to pass that confidence along to every person I meet on campus. Not only is this new found confidence helpful in my college experience so that I can enjoy it, but I know it will be very helpful to me in my future. I will be able to use this confidence with my family, friends, and even in the workplace.

The best thing about Marian is how helpful everyone is. You can ask anyone for help and if they can't answer your question for you, they will be happy to take time out of their day to lead you in the right direction. You never feel afraid to ask someone for help, because everyone is so kind, and so you will be happy to help others if they need it.

Tim

My classmates are fun, and helpful. They seem like they would help me if I needed it, and I would do the same for them.

I would advise myself to work much harder in classes to get better grades. Make as much friends as I could because I didn't realize how much I would miss everyone after graduation, but only a selected few. I would also tell myself to talk to the guidance councelor and ask about colleges and the different kinds of majors and minors they offer because I might had interested in a different major that Im intended for. I would have also told myself to have been more jokeful and not as serious in high school. High school is about having fun, but also cracking down when needing to. College is about learning life, and what to do in the real world. So, take it for what its worth.

The one thing that I consider the best thing about my school is that they are always remodeling and making the place better for the students and the learning environment. Change is always good to make improvements in the way they think, and interact with people. When they make a change with the school, its not always to benefit the students, but to benefit the school and its look to make it look more appealing.

What I have learned from trasitioning from high school to college, is that it's a lot more different than just moving on. Being in college requires you to have so many responsibilities. I pay monthly for my education and that makes me a very responsible full time student because it encourages me to attend every single class. If your education is being paid for i would definitely encourage you to take advantage of it , i sure didn't so now im struggling just because i didn't push myself to apply for scholarships and i have learned that lesson im ready for next year! If anything i would tell myself that financial aid doesnt cure every money problem because something always comes up ending with money. Now i always say EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

My classmates are friendly and helpful to anyone who has the courage to ask for help but seldom seeks out others.

My school is know for there school of nursing which is one of the most respected schools of nursing in the state. The business school is also highly thought of.

I would advise anyone who is looking for a college to tour the college more than once to get a good feel for the campus. Going to the campus at all different times of the year allows the student and parent to see the campus at its highest and lowest points. This allows the student to have a better understanding of what his or her year there would be like. Having a good sense of the campus before entering the campus will help to make the students time there better. The expectations will be more realistic then if the student had only visited the campus once. Having a good understanding of the college will help make the most of the overall college experiences because the student will have a lesser chance to be disappointed by his or her choice. The college must be right for the student and by touring the campus more than once, students will have an opportunity to get to know people before entering college making the transition better.

Clarence

Classmates are focused and Fun

Classmates are focused and Fun

Small with are the ups and downs of a big school

For student and parent that are looking for a school i would tell them to look for the place where the student feels they would do be with there grades once you find that everything else will fall into place for you. Once in college dont just sit in your room. Nothing but lonelyness and deperssion comes from that. it always some one you can get along with on a college campus you just have to be open to change and different things.

Marian University-Fond Du Lac administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.