Marian University-Fond Du Lac Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Marian University-Fond Du Lac

Mary

I love Marian University. I think it is a nice little school, and there is a nice community. While campus food is not great and campus Wi-Fi is not always reliable, it is overall a great school. Class sizes are small, professors are easily accessible, and there are plenty of resources available to students who need help.

Macey

Overall at my time on campus, I have had professors that all have been easily accessible for assistance and always willing to help. Many professors also try to cut down your cost on books which is nice as well. The class sizes are also very small, and the biggest class I have had was 36. I still found it easy to learn and ask questions in class. I have found it easy to find things to do on campus and to get involved. The facilities are nice, however are kind of outdated, especially the gym. So far I have had an amazing experience here at Marian, and have gotten involved in things many of my friends that go to other schools would not have had the chance to do.

Lia

The staff are really friendly and helpful. I only had to go to campus for 1 semester so I'm not too familiar with living activities there. When I was first deciding where to transfer my credits and continue education, I had a lot of questions. Staff went out of their way to make sure all of them were answered!

Benjamin

Upon my arrival of this college, I did not know what to expect. My first day here I was happily surprised by how nice of a community my college has. Every student attending here shows kindness and friendship to one another, which I find to be one of the most important traits of a school. Along with the outstanding staff and campus this school is a perfect fit for me.

Kylie

The class sizes are small, which makes for perfect individualized learning. There is always a resource to use. It's a good campus. The teachers are always available, even after school. Finally, they follows their values, for the most part. I would recommend it.

Aubrie

I absolutely love Marian. I really like the small class sizes. The community is very welcoming and including. There are always fun events happening on campus. The staff is extremely kind and helpful. They care about your academics, but they also care about you as an individual. Marian offers a lot of helpful resources. The TRIO program is amazing!

Kristen

Marian is a great place to go if you're looking for smaller class sizes and more one to one help. The professors actually have time to meet with you and they set you up with research projects so you know things before entering the real world.

Hailey

I love Marian, it's the best school that I have visited. It's close to home and the people that go there are so sweet and make you feel like you're at home. There are small class sizes which is awesome, and the teachers are extremely caring.

Love it here! Best decision I ever made.

Lana

The tour I got at Marian was extremely accommodating and friendly. I loved so many things about Marian I have decided to attend in the fall of 2019. They really won my heart overall. I highly recommend doing a tour of the campus to anyone that is on the fence about attending.

Emma

With a focus on liberal arts, the total undergraduate enrollment not topping more than 2,500, and a coffee shop located in the heart of the campus (among other inviting aspects), I fell in love with Marian University's tight-knit community. From the moment I stepped on campus, I felt as though I discovered a home away from home, and this breakthrough "aha moment" made for a promising application, enrollment, and eventual attendance process to become a Sabre. I began my first year as an English major with a Writing minor, eager to pursue an education infused with art, exploration, and challenging topics. On top of the interesting nature of the classes and the average class size of 15 students, the professors were more than encouraging of meeting with them to ask questions, discuss a class, or even enjoy a simple coffee break (as you can see, we love the coffee)! As I dove headfirst into this major, I was invited to explore my other interests, and I soon realized that there was more for me to learn – and was there ever. This led me to change my major to Communication, and subsequently add a Leadership minor. With the aid of my academic advisor and the positive support from my professors, this decision opened many doors, from involvement on the school newspaper to a marketing internship. Most importantly, I gained an overall feeling that I had finally found my niche. Overall, the environment at Marian is one that I cannot express better than with the word, "enriching." There are a range of opportunities in the workplace with local internships available to nearly all majors; there's Nursing, taught partially at the hospital located directly in downtown Fond du Lac; Criminal Justice experience at the local police department and visits to surrounding correctional facilities; and Marketing opportunities at Sunny 97.7, Fond du Lac's radio station, to name just a few! Campus life is exciting as well, with the success of a number of sports teams (ice hockey being a favorite), along with intramural sports such as kickball and soccer inviting students to take a break from their studies and have fun outside the classroom. Plus, from clubs such as the Black Student Union and Spectrum (LGBTQIA+), to the Honors Program and study abroad programs, there is great diversity on Marian’s campus for students to explore their current interests while also stepping out of their comfort zone. Marian’s dynamic and unique campus environment does not stop here, as there are accommodations also available for students seeking financial aid, assistance for learning disabilities, or just looking for overall stress relief from the complex world that is college. What Marian may lack in cuisine is made up for in the opportunities provided for students, the welcoming character of those on campus, and that indescribable feeling that this is home. In the classroom, professors are focused on connecting with students and helping us succeed, faculty and staff hold students' needs as a high priority, and peers are interested in immersing themselves into their fields. And did I mention that there’s coffee right on campus?

PAYTON

Marian University is a more of a community-like school with well educated professors and students. Everything from the school’s tasty but affordable meal plans, to their competitive sports teams, and to their various and different clubs are considered to be a really good experience.