You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mary Baldwin University

Fixed  rate loan

Patrick

College has been extremely beneficial to attend. First of all, I have learned to be very independent. You are the person who will determine if you are successful or not. I have also learned to expand my critical thinking and look at the world in a more sophisticated way. To learn more about what is going on around you, will make you more like to succeed in the future. Attending college has also given me more of an opportunity to experience and get an understanding of what careers I may want to look into. I was able to enter an internship with the local fire department through my school. There I have been able to gain valuable experience in a field that I am interested in. Attending college has forced me to grow into an adult and that I am fortunate.

Tara

I have always believed in the strength of femininity and equality among the genders, and this belief has been enhanced by my experience at Mary Baldwin. Also, as an English major, I have had an incredible variety of professors from all over the world. They are brilliant in their knowledge of the subject and caring toward the well-being of their students, and in regards to these professors, I have gained more of an appreciation for the English language. On the whole, I have become a self-assured woman, confident in my English abilities and strong in my individuality.

The kind of person that would do well at Mary Baldwin is the artistic, creative type. She should be proud of her femininity and strong in her beliefs, as Mary Baldwin will help to enhance such pride and strength. A woman who wants to be empowered mentally, intellectually and creatively should attend this college.

The most frustrating thing is probably the use of blackboard for certain classes. The program never works correctly and is especially slow. Other than that, I really have no complaints about MBC.

Alexandra

I've been playing piano for almost fourteen years; however, I never thought music would be a career choice. I received my AA for art in the spring of 2009 and didn't plan on going back to school; I wanted to focus on becoming an actress. But it always seemed like I was being led toward the music. I work as an accompanist at my alma mater and I've been a member of the choirs at College of the Canyons for almost two years. Being a member of the Chamber choir has truly inspired me like I never thought I would ever be as a musician. Being around so many talented people who know that's what they want to do forever, made me realize that I want to make music too. I have learned so much, not just about music, but as Me, the musician. I never considered myself a true musician until I became a part of the Chamber choir. So, for the actress who wasn't planning on going back to school, I do have to say, that I have never been so excited to start the rest of my life as a musician. [

Celia

MBC is really friendly, and very good if you're looking for a psychology/English degree, but to be a science or math major, you're going to have a lot of research opportunities, but not the best classes; there is an early college program here, but, to be honest, it's awful and the staff at the program seem more interested in money than the well-being of their wards.

The early college program is, frankly, the only reason a straight person would even consider coming here, and it doesn't deserve to be nearly as prestigious as it attempts to brand itself; however, MBC offers a LOT of financial aid, I suppose that's another reason. And, because it's a small school, undergraduate research is very easy to snag.

As student in an early college program, I can truly say that my situation is unique: my parents moved out of the country before my freshman year and left me to pursue my life. College has allowed me to find academic challenges that weren't available in high school. I've made lifelong friends and learned lifelong skills. When you start college at 15, there's a lot to adjust to in addition to suddenly being away from your family. People ask you to make your own decisions before you're even an adult. Traditional students discriminate against you because of age. In many such situations, I think I would feel like I'm missing out on the real "college experience", but I don't. I am a stronger, better, more mature person because I have had to become so, to be able to consider myself a college student. College has made me more motivated and more independent. I wouldn't trade my experience for any other.

Amber

I have gotten a wonderful life experience that I truly love. I want to be able to change schools but I skipped high school to attend college at Mary Baldwin. I love this oppertunity their program for exceptionally gifted young girls have given to me. I try my best and I love all I do at the school. Aside from the stairs I also wish there were more guys around to hang out with. A bunch of girls can get pretty anoying. But I still love it.

People who want to skip high school. Military geared students and anyone who wants to go to an all girls school in the middle of nowhere.

Amelia

I would say, get involved in on and off campus activities. Talk to people and get out of your comfort zone. College is about making new freinds and making a network of people. Try everything, but most of all be responsible. You are an adult and you are accountable for your actions. Know your limits, and above all take care of yourself. Know when you need to study and when you need a break. Have faith that you will get through those hard days, and enjoy the days that make you smile. Always find time for your self. Ask the obivious questions, and always read your text books. Get enough sleep, eat well, and excercise. Finally I would say, don't be afraid to be who you are, people should like you for YOU and not someone they want you to be.

People who don't like small schools

Being in the Virginia Women's Institute for Leadership

Sharon

If I could go back in time and talk to Sharon as a high school senior I would tell her that it is extremely important to stay focused and determined. College is an experience that not many individuals have the opportunity to take advantage of. Regardless of circumstances and every day life situations, which are very likely to arise, if you stay motivated you will be able to attain your goals. The longer you wait to pursue your higher education, the less likely it is that you will go. Don't let anyone bring you down or speak negativity on your life. If you fall off in school, have enough fortitude to get back up again and keep moving. Tradgeties and unexpected set backs may occur, however if you know where you are trying to go, you can always remember that it doesn't have to hold you down. Definitely don't take too many breaks from school because this will only push you back and could cause you to lose your motivation. Going to college guarantees that you will gain more knowledge that no one can take away from you. Seize the opportunity!

Michelle

A women's college with a gifted program and a women's military leadership program.

I?ve always been passionate about math and science. Craving more academic challenge, I discovered Mary Baldwin College?s Program for the Exceptionally Gifted (PEG) and was accepted as a fully matriculated college student at the age of 13. I?ve earned 68 credits, earning a 4.0 GPA and my coursework includes Organic Chemistry, Discrete Math and Linear Algebra. I participated in environmental chemistry research this past semester and was hired as a Calculus tutor at age 14. I am a Chemistry major, minoring in Math and Economics. I plan to pursue a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry. My ultimate goal is to earn a degree in law, focusing on a science-related field, such as patent or environmental law. My confidence in my abilities to succeed is based upon my determination, focus, and disciplined study habits. The PEG program, for women ages 13-17, www.mbc.edu/PEG is only for self disciplined, determined students. I would not recommend it as an escape from high school. It is a safe, serene campus with a very friendly population. My choices have not always been popular but I?m very happy with my decision, it satisfied my need for challenge.

The PEG program for early entrance gifted girls. A great place to make friends, skip high school and to get a start on college early. Safe environment in a small historic town. Staunton Virginia

Melanie

Small class size, special program for early entrance. All women

Small class size, special program for early entrance. All women

In 10th grade, I became interested in an early entrance program that enables bright and driven young women who are ready for a challenge, to skip high school. Mary Baldwin?s Program for the Exceptionally Gifted (PEG) www.mbc.edu/peg offers motivated students age 13 to 17 a way to accelerate their education by enrolling full time as a residential college student pursuing a bachelor?s degree. Now that I am a sophomore at age 16, and a Biochemistry major, would I do it again? Absolutely. To date, in college I?ve studied General Chemistry, Biology, Medical Anthropology, Calculus and Ethics among other liberal arts classes. In this upcoming semester I will delve deeper into Genetics, Anatomy, and Biology of Women. I?ve had the opportunity to study alongside other talented young women as intellectual peers. The opportunity to reach my goal to become a medical researcher earlier, has made my journey an immensely exciting experience while enabling me to study independently. The PEG program, specifically its science program and research opportunities, will be my stepping stone to medical school at an early age in my quest to find cures to the many diseases that plague the human condition.

Kathryn

Mary Baldwin is a very welcoming place for adults; I can't really speak for the young women who attend.

I did not attend college directly after high school, as many of my friends did. I sincerely wish I could talk to my high school self and tell her not to let the opportunity for a traditional college experience pass her by! For years, I could not pass young people proudly posing for pictures in graduation attire without wanting to cry. I think I could have been very happy in college. I would tell myself not to be afraid and to embrace the experience. I would like to have attended a college in another state, to get some distance from my family and learn to stand on my own feet. I would tell her to enjoy finding out who she is, and to not apologize for it!

I think any young woman could be happy at this school! It's a woman's college so I guess the only people who shouldn't apply are men!

Mary Baldwin University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.