McLennan Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for McLennan Community College

Sierra

I like MCC a whole lot. I got to meet a variety of people, and everyone is very nice! We do have those few handles of not so great and really awful professors, but most of mine have been really great! Really check ratemyprofessor.com, they're pretty accurate to our current academic situation. I recommend anyone from the McLennan area to come here. It's a great place for an education, and won't break your bank.

Krystal

Mclennan Community College is a nice small community college. Its a great college to get your basics done. It has honor college and Phi Theta Kappa for students who have worked hard in their college career. They also have baseball and basketball for those who want to play sports. Mclennan Community College is a good school to start off .

Overall, the campus is very beautiful and most of the facilities are like new. So far all of my professors have been awesome, and I have learned so much. I would definitely suggest this school to anyone who was searching for an affordable, yet great education.

jason

I believe that, even though it is a community college, MCC is a great school. The class sizes are just big enough for the professors to be able to help very one. One thing I would like to be different would be the sports available here. Maybe even an introduction to greek life would be helpful.

Alexis

Mclennan Community College is a great campus to attend if you are not ready to go to a 4-year University. They will guide you through your time there and assist you when you get ready to apply to a 4-year university. And when you need to take some basic courses when you come back from your 4-year university, they are there to help you reach that goal.

Mitchell

McLennan Community College was an amazing experience. I thought it would be hard transferring from the military to the civilian lifestyle, but my institution ensured that there were many available personnel to help with an needs that I might have had.

Rodrigo

It has a great campus, everyone here is friendly, and it's affordable.

yarha

Everyone that I have had the pleasure of encountering are really helpful and nice. Mclennan Community College truly feels like home for me personally and the classes are so engaging. The professors are fantastic and really know their topic. The only real suggestion I would have for incoming students is to work hard because just because this is a community college, it does not make the classes easy. They, however, will not hold your hand every step of the way so do not become lazy and fully depend on your professor to make sure you get a passing grade, that is your job as a student. In conclusion, study hard gets involved with the vast amount of student organizations, follow those three guidelines and you will do just fine here at Mclennan Community College.

Hope

Mclennan Community College is a great educational establishment for those that want a associate degree or get some credit hours before transferring to a four year college. MCC has many great resources for students. The one thing it lacks is a football team. If there was a football team i believe more people would consider attending the school.

Shanna

I love McLennan Community College, the campus is beautiful, the tuition is pretty cheap, and the professors are very helpful in class and by email.

Avery

McLennan Community College is a great school with a beautiful campus. Class sizes are small enough to have one on one help from the instructor. Classes are not extremely difficult and are set up to help students really obtain the knowledge. The college is set in the growing community of Waco, which makes it easy to find off campus housing. Sports and other activities are readily available as well as other amenities such as the gym, library, student center, and cafeteria. MCC is the University life style without the debt. McLennan Community College is an impeccable learning facility surrounded by a great environment of happy community loving Texans.

Lori

It's a great college. Some of my ratings were low because it's a community college. Most people live at home so housing is not a thing that we prioritize, though there are apartment complexes nearby. Most of the classes I take are during the summer so clubs and sports aren't happening currently, though I have heard good things about their softball team and music program. All the professors I have had are really great, and though they aren't available 24/7 you can email them and get a response outside of their office hours. I replied the way I did about drinking and drugs because although they don't do it on campus many students are adults over the age of 21 so I don't doubt that some of the students drink. MCC is a wonderful school with great staff, amazing teachers, and delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.

Brianna

My overall opinion of Mclennan Community College would be that they are a really good junior college to go to. The facilities are really nice for a Community College and I really love that you can go through other four year universities while still on MCC's campus.

Jasmine

MCC is a great college to attend I just wish that it more people were prideful in the school and that there were more business surrounding it like Baylor. Its kind of on the outskirts of town and if students wanted to eat out they would have to drive 10 minutes or more for fast food restaurants.

Arlene

My overall opinion of McLennan Community College is that it's a great college to get the basic classes through and then transfer. I also think the programs they have available are exceptional. The teacher I've had are nice and I always feel confident in them.

Jaylon

McLennan Community College is one of the best schools I've attended. Smaller class sizes allow you to be active and actually learn. The campus is widespread, so you'll meet new students and even befriend some professors. It's system is also linked to major 4-year institutions such as Texas Tech, Tarleton State and even Baylor!

Lexi

I take duel credit courses through McLennan Community College(MCC) through China Spring High School. I have also taken summer course through MCC online. MCC is a great resource for high school students who want to have a few college credit hours or before going to college. The professors for the high school campus classes have been tremendously helpful, and available for all questions and concerns. I would highly recommend this program to future students.

Cherise

I Have had nothing but good times good teachers have met lots of new friends and I’ve always found someone to help if I needed help for my class. If I’m having any type of problem I’m always directed to the correct place to get the matter taken care of

I love MCC, and not just because it's cheap(ish). The campus is beautiful, the classes are small (30 or less), and the community is wonderful. There's always some event going on for the students to participate in. Weekly notices are sent out to let you know what's going on that week. The teachers are friendly and easy to talk to about any problems you may be having. Not to mention all the services they offer the students like counseling and free tutoring. The Math Lab is a life saver! Honestly, as a working parent going back to school, times get tough, but I'm glad to have MCC on my side.

Ivette

McLennan Community College is a place that I highly recommend for anyone who is trying to start out small. This college provides a very friendly atmosphere which allows all students to feel welcome and comfortable. McLennan Community College also offers many accessible resources for all students.

Leslie

The college is an amazing college for those who want to save money for a four-year transfer or to live close to home. I personally love McLennan Community College, because it feels like a second home, surrounded by friends and being a part of something that leads towards my future.

Katherine

It is a very good school, and the professors all love to help students who really try. The extracurricular activities are very fun, and the travel opportunities are life-changing to say the least. Very few people do sports, but the people who do seem to enjoy them a lot, and the people who study arts are always having shows. MCC is also one of the few places that lets students do independent undergraduate research, and it is incredibly good for us.

Keenan

MCC is a great community college to get your basics out the way and get your path going to your future. I am loving MCC right now because i feel like i fit in. The students and the faculty has a very nice system and they are always willing to help if needed.

Marissa

Mclennan Community College ,(MCC), is the best place to get an education before your transfer out to complete your bachelors degree. The class sizes are small, creating the sense of community , while you are academically challenged. You won't regret choosing MCC, since you will save money and be academically prepared for the real world.

Avi

McLennan Community College is a great place to use as a stepping stone onto to bigger and better things. I do not feel you can truly get the "college experience" from here. If you do not care about the experience and just want knowledge, MCC provides just that. They have classes with great professors that actually care and tailor each class in consideration of those student's particular strengths and weaknesses. The academics is not as rigorous as university level courses however, you still equally get the same knowledge without the lower GPA. For that aspect, academics is great here. Everything else you expect in a college such as jaw-dropping buildings, social events, hundreds of clubs to join is non available at MCC. They try to offer all the amenities, and are one of the best in the community college division, but compared to universities, it is nowhere close.

DaLayshia

The academics at MCC are great you learn so much, but its so difficult at the same time. As far as, extracurricular activities MCC lacks in that area for me. The have some groups, such as Student Council, Men of Color, etc. but if you are like me, and more of a sports type girl (or boy) MCC doesn't have anything to really relate to those students.

ALEJANDRA

Mclennan offers a verity of opportunities, they have great instructors and small classes with individual attention from professors. The campus is beautiful it's located next to cameron park and Bosque river. MCC wants you to real your goal by offering success coaches, tutoring classes, academic advising, student development, and counseling services to help you in your needs.

McLennan Community College is good for me because it is a college that I can afford and it's cheaper than other colleges. The lectures are simple and easy to understand. The professors are always attentive and they help me out when I struggle to comprehend their lesson. It's a safe campus and although it is hard to find the classes, there is always someone there who could help you out.

Alma

I think is a good place to start the beginning of your career. I believe there is a good diverse environment around the campus. there are also many places in the campus to study and have time to do things that you need to get done. There is also resources for everybody to use .

Gisell

Well I'm actually not a college student I'm a actually a High School Freshman doing scholarships and I need to have a certain amount of them done for the week . These scholarships are for my finals and at this point I'm stressed trying to finish everything. But Mcc is a very good community college ! My brother and a couple family members studied or go to Mcc.

Mclennan is a beautiful community college. It is comparable to a university campus. The university program is a great option and is also affordable. The surrounding Waco area is small but it is very full of life. The professors are great and try to make themselves as available as possible to give you the greatest outcome for success. I wish that I could stay at MCC for all of my schooling, but I will unfortunately have to transfer in order to complete my masters degree.

Joshua

I found McLennan Community College to be an overall interesting and adequate experience. I found the classes to be quite amusing and the instructors were very effective in their teaching methods. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is interested in going there. The only advice I can give you is that as long as you do your work then you have nothing to worry about. The campus is easy to navigate through and the other students are more or less respectful and decent. I had no interest in sports or extracurricular activities so I am unable to vouch for what they are like.

Alicia

I feel that the college is very tiny but helpful. I am able to graduate 2020 spring and go to Texas tech for a cheap price and close to home. You also can get the same education just like Baylor most of our professors teach at Baylor. It is also close to everything like a grocery store, gas station and restaurants.

Paula

MCC is the perfect school to use as a transition to a four-year. They have smaller class sizes, caring professors, and a tuition price that can't be beaten. It's easy to assume things about junior colleges but I'm really grateful for a good school like McLennan Community College. If I hadn't gone there first I don't know what I would've done.

It's the perfect place to be right outside of high school. MCC provides a quality education for a low price since it is a community college and the courses are much less rigorous than that of a large university. Professors are always willing to help and there are many options on campus to help as well. It is a great place to be and a much better option financially than opting for a 4-year university right after high school.

Raven

McLennan Community College in Waco, Texas is an easy, affordable community college that takes anyone and everyone. Whether you start at a big university and end up slipping and move back home, here at McLennan, the advisors are here to help you get back on track. They have partnered with big campuses to have students physically transfer or transfer online through the University Center. Colleges that have partnered with MCC include Texas Tech, and Tarleton. Those who are parents can easily adjust to the scheduling, so they can obtain their education. Nigh classes are also offered at MCC, just in case students work during the day. Work study programs are available as well. Students can work on campus in the gym, in the bookstore, you name it, MCC has it. The classroom sizes vary, especially when registering. You can view the professors that cover the subjects you are registered for and view their ratings and reviews on RateYourProfessor.com and make sure that the professor are serious about their job and the student's future as well. MCC has security, free counseling, and overall a safe environment for all students. I enjoy going to MCC!

Shanice

McLennan Community College is a great college. They have professors that are passionate for their students success. If you are having a problem in class, they are always their to help and try to see things from the students perspective. The campus carters to all genders, races, and religions. I am a proud McLennan graduate and would recommend this institution to everyone.