Atherton, CA
Menlo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Menlo College

MARGARET

A great college overall. Menlo College is a leading institution to guarantee admission, and generous scholarships, to California community college transfer students. The college has great staff and a great Business curriculum. The campus is the perfect size, it’s a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. They focus on degrees that are In-Demand by today’s employers.

Kaimilani

Menlo College is place where you feel like you have family. Everyone is there for you whenever you need help and it’s a safe space where you won’t be judged for being who you are. My time at Menlo has been so amazing and I would be lucky to come back in the spring semester if I had the necessary funds. Menlo College might be small and expensive but it’s the perfect size to have friends and really engage with your professors. I think it’s totally worth it.

Thomas

It not a bad school at all it just we need more events happening because we have only like four really big events. But being in a small high that was rough and moving to a safe college with a pretty good environment was a bad idea , now I just can’t stay a way from the college.

Brandon Young

I love the school, it's not to big. The class sizes are perfect for me because I have a learning difference. It helps to get things repeated to me multiple times. The school is super inviting. The teachers and guidance counselors treated me like I was already their student even though I hadn't even committed to the school.

Laynee

Menlo College is a small campus full of diversity, personalities, and different cultures that we all bring into play with the school. We are able to express our cultures with support from the school with supportive teachers devoted to our academics as well as our future. Menlo College isnt only great with academics but has events happening everyday something new for the students and residents to do while here on campus. The events are my favorite part of Menlo, being able to come together at the events with your peers and enjoying the up lifting atmosphere Menlo College has to offer.

Bhrycen

From the moment I stepped foot on campus, I immediately felt this feeling of “home.” My mom dropped me off at the front of campus as she went off to look for parking. I was immediately greeted with tons of “hi’s,” “hey’s,” and the most comforting, “Welcome to Menlo College.” It was in this moment when I knew I had made the best decision of my life. Preceding to physically being on campus, the reasons why I chose Menlo College persistently emptied my brain. People would ask me “why Menlo” and, as thoughts came hurrying into my head, I would never precisely have a genuine answer. Presently, being 1 semester into school here at Menlo, I know precisely how to react to that very question. I have established long lasting experiences with such astounding individuals who I get the opportunity to call some of my closest friends. The students and faculty made going away for college such an easy transition and, the networking and resources here are irreplaceable! At whatever point I'm experiencing an intense time, I can simply depend on Menlo College to have my back and it's the best thing I could have ever wanted.

Kira

Menlo is a unique college. Being small in size and located in the Silicon Valley makes for some good opportunities but this college is young and still has a lot to learn. This cost of attendance is almost fully paid for by scholarships that students get, however the facilities and housing are old and in poor condition seeing as how they haven't been touched by renovation since the 70's. The administration is often working against improving old facilities and the food service is awful. You have to work to find extracurricular activities and most students are there for sports. However the professors are very friendly and accessible to students, making academics the redeeming quality of this school.

Menlo College is a small and unified community that helps to provide a good education and amazing opportunities for business and psychology students. Everybody knows everybody. It is a place where professors give you their cell phone numbers and tell you to call them if you need help or have any questions. Menlo is surrounded by big cities, but nestled in the safe environment and one of the richest zip codes in the country, Atherton, CA. As for dorm life and student activities, the RAs and Student Union provide many different activities throughout the year. If you are looking for a small college that can help you get into the business world in Silicon Valley, look no further.

The typical stereotype is that Menlo contains a lot of jocks, aka dumb athletes. However, that is not true. Even though half of Menlo students are athletes, they are not dumb. Some are not as intelligent as other students similar to the population in real life. But many are extremely smart and know how to be good student athletes.

The academics are average. Some classes are really difficult whereas others are more on the easy side. If you put in the time and effort you can pass all your classes and learn a lot. If you are a psychology student, the best and most difficult professor to take is Dr. Hager. For Accounting, Professor Little is known to help many students find and achieve their accounting goals. Because classes are usually small, class participation is expected in the majority of classes. The biggest class I have taken was no more than 35 students and the smallest was 4.

Caroline

The amount of majors available. Though it is a business school there could still be more business related majors implemented such as information technology management.

The class size. It is not rare to see classes with ten students. Professors get to form a connection with the students.

I would tell the high school senior in me to not be afraid of what was to come and rather accept this new chapter with open arms. My first few weeks in college were difficult as a result of the transition, I even cried when my parents left. It was such a terrible feeling that I didn't expect. With this knowledge I would prepare my high school senior self of what emotions to expect. Going into college I wasn't well informed of the many options of how to offord a private university such as Menlo College and now knowing of the importance of being aware financially, I would stess to myself the importance of working and volunteering to be able to get the needed support to afford college.

Menlo College is a very small, business-oriented school with a friendly community.

Menlo offers a close-knit community unlike large universities, allowing students to make strong bonds with other students as well as faculty members. It allows students to get personal attention whenever needed. What makes Menlo unique is that it is mainly a business school, though it offers other bachelor degrees such as psychology and other liberal arts majors.

From one year attending Menlo College, I have learned to take control of my time management. I have become very efficient in my school work and have learned efficient study skills that help me retain the information that I learn in class. I have learned to make friends easily use communication skills learned in the classroom outside. I value these skills because they are helpful in the world, when applying for jobs and internships, as well as simply expressing ideas. I have gained networking skills by talking with upper-classmen and faculty members. Menlo has prepared me for taking on many mature challenges that adults are faced with during and after college, and I feel comfortable meeting these challenges.

Menlo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.