Atherton, CA
Menlo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Menlo College

Mary

If I were to go through my senior year in high school, I would tell myself that it is very crucial to always give one's best effort. The senior year of high school is stressful, but all that hard work does not go to waste. The grades one gets in high school are very important to colleges. Also, one must keep in mind that this is the year that most students take their SAT exam, and it is very hard to do well on that exam if students do not attend class everyday. The advice I would give myself going back to high school would be to give the best effort. Also, I would tell all high school seniors that the teachers gives the work for a reason, and that is to help the student to become more aware of what is expected of them in college. One may think that the work in high school is very difficult, but it gets even harder in college. The two hours one spends doing homework in highschool nearly doubles in college. One must always go to class, and pay attention, and always get help one one needs it.

The best thing about Menlo College is that the professors and the staff are very open to helping students succeed. There is a lot of help available to students and it is very difficult to fail in a course.

The is nothing that I can think of that is very bad in the school. Everyone is willing to help.

Ben

I would tell my past self to not slack off for the year I did. College is the most important educational experience I have worked in and I have enjoyed all of it. If I had started earlier, say after senior year, I would have been a year ahead of where I am now and I would be out in the work force. I would tell my past self that if you want to get ahead in this world you need a strong education and dicipline. College life requires responsibility and resolve and I wish I had received a better pep talk as to how to properly go about life after high school because it took me a while to understand the importance of higher education.

The best thing about Menlo College is that it is a very small school. There is very much particular attention that the faculty and staff can give so it is very easy to find help. I enjoy going to Menlo because the idea of a large school with students in the thousands is a bit overwhelming. I enjoy knowing everyones face and name I have developed strong relationships in the three years I have been here.

That my classes are less than two minutes away from my dormroom and I my diet consists of healthy organic locally grown foods. This makes living and going to Menlo College very satisfying.

I would tell myself to save up more money in order to have more freedom in the activities I want to participate in. I would also tell myself to get more involved in clubs outside of athletics, to broaden my horizon and give myself another perspective on unknown issues. In addition, I would tell myself to look more into the sports programs available at other schools, and the requirements for entry and make it a goal to strive for the highest so I would have no disappointments later (although I hardly have any now).

I really enjoy the class size, as well as the small population on campus. It allows for more of a relationship between students and their professors, as well as the counselors and so forth. With such a small size it is much more personable, and you feel like you are wanted and appreciated.

The most frustrating part about Menlo would have to be the cost of tuition constantly increasing, and the increase of money being given is not keeping up.

Kristin

Menlo College is a renowned business school.

Menlo College is a renowned business school.

As a high school senior I was hestiant to apply for college, possibly because I just did not want to face the fact I had to grow up. Nonetheless, I applied to a few schools and my only real critera for applying was whether or not there was a womens soccer program and if I would be able to earn a scholarship. I was not to focused on the whether or not the major I wanted, English, was available. I assumed I would be able to pursue an English degree at any college, I did not realize it would not be offered at some schools. I ended up at Menlo College solely because I recieved a soccer scholarship to attend here. I wish I had paid more attention to the specifics of my major as well as negotiating a soccer scholarship and therefore applied to more schools. However, I have decided on a major, marketing, which in all actuality seems more pratical than and English degree.

The worst thing I believe about Menlo College is either how expensive it is or the limited major choices.

Cody

Menlo College is best known for its business program. A variety of high profile business entrepreneurs have graced the presence of our school. We are also known for our sports programs because we have thirteen sports with only seven hundred students, creating an atmosphere where a good majority of the students are student-athletes.

Hey, dumbass, stop everything you?re doing right now and listen up. You think you know everything. Well brace yourself because what I?m about to tell you will hopefully alter the road you?ll be traveling down for the next few years. News flash: You?re poor. I know you want to go to college, but you?re all on your own and financial aid only goes so far. Study hard, take class seriously, and even if you don?t agree with the system, sometimes learning the rules of the system and capitalizing on them is a lot smarter decision than to do things your own way. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, the extra money will help you get by when you're in a pinch. College is a juggling act, so learn how to juggle, and juggle well. Most of all, enjoy yourself and know that in the end, all the hard work, self sacrifice, and dedication will pay off. There is an end to the long road ahead, and the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow will be well worth the struggle.

The worst thing about Menlo College is that it is slowly but surely killing off all of the liberal arts and humanities majors in order to make way for more business oriented majors. The school is going through a transition, and for some, that?s great. For me, however, and many others out there who also love the arts, it doesn?t make you very enthusiastic to know you?re graduating from a school that?s killing your major.

Kainoa

My school is a small relaxed environment of learning.

My school is a small relaxed environment of learning.

"Don't stop training for football, home will always be where it is at, you can return when ever you feel like it."

I wish I knew how much help I would get from people for me to do great in college. I wish I knew the teachers so in some way I can understand the way they teach. I would also would of love to know what kind of food are available in the cafeteria.

Ryah

I graduated St. Ignatius College Prep. in 2004, and I didn't have a care in the world. As a senior in high-school, I didn't follow through with the usual process of finding a college, applying with all the paperwork and essays, and getting accepted. Instead, I skipped the entire stressful routine and sat back as all my classmates did what I was too lazy and scared to do. I took a semester off directly after graduating, and I attended a junior college in the spring of 2005. I took almost 4 years to complete what should have taken 2 years for my Associates Degree. It was then that I started taking college seriously. It was also then that many of my high school classmates were graduating with their Bachelor's Degree. If I could go back , the one critical piece of advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be attend the junior college full time straight out of high school, finish in two years, and transfer to a four year college. If I would have done that, I would have graduated 2 years ago with many of my classmates.

Menlo College is a small school, so graduating in 2 years as a transfer student is guaranteed. The classes are small, so the one on one attention given to each student is greater than any other college in the Bay Area. The campus is beautifully landscaped, so waking up every morning to attend class feels like waking up in a resort. I am majoring in accounting, and because Menlo College is a business school, my options are endless in terms of an interniship and potential permanent position.

The typical Menlo College student is young, goal oriented and athletic. Being an athlete is not necessary, but our athletic department makes up almost 60% of Menlo College's concentration. If a student is interested in graduating quickly and starting a career as soon as he/she graduates, Menlo College is the school to attend. Menlo College is also a tight-knit community, so the student should be looking to make close relationships with his/her fellow classmates,, professors, and staff.

Alesi

Dear Alesi, There are many things that I have to say to you. This is the last year of high school , and I know how worried you are, but everything is going to be fine. College is exactly like high school and yet so different. I know this doesn't make sense know, and that it probably seems like a useless piece of information, but it is not. College is not something that you can describe. It is an experience that has to be lived in order to understand. I can tell you that it is an amazing experience. College is not as hard as they make it sound, it is all about managing your time. You have to find the balance between work and play. I know that you are scared that you are going to miss your family, and you will, but you will be so happy that the time you miss them will be short. Do not be scared to make this change. You are going to start to become the woman that you always envisioned yourself to be. You are going to meet and make so many friends. Relax, have fun. Love, Alesi from the future.

One of the best things about Menlo College is that it is small. Because the college is small, the classes are small too. This creates a great atmosphere for learning. The professors have more of an opportunity to get to know the students, as also the students have a greater opportunity to get to know their professors.

I believe anyone could come to Menlo College. Even though it is small, it is diverse. There are many people from all over the world at Menlo College.

Angelique

My classmates are all extremely friendly and polite; they are always willing to help out even if they do not know you.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to second guess life. At first I did not think of attending Menlo because it is down the street from my house, but after attending a school in L.A., Menlo is the better choice due to it's incredible convenience. I would also tell myself to balance out college life. Partying is fun and you always want to have a fun social life, but if you lose track of what you're really doing (which is learning in order to expand your future goals) you can easily lose it all and even lose yourself. Boys do not matter in college, you're in college to better your life, and be sure not to let anyone get in the way of your future. Be sure to build close relations with your professors because once you graduate, they are your key to success. I would also say don't sweat it if you're unsure of what to major in, while in G.E. classes a professor or course will spark your interest, and when you discover that interest, go for it!

A dedicated person who is willing to work with different styles of teaching. Someone who is a go-getter and someone who is not shy to seek out help or advice. If you enjoy small, personal classrooms, where you are a person and not a number, Menlo is perfect for you. If you choose Menlo, you should not have a fear of public speaking, and if you do, Menlo is the perfect place to work on that fear and over come it.

Jasmine

My school is a very small business college. Business aspects are incorporated into just about every class one will take. in addition, the small class sizes are a great advantage because students really get to know their professors.

Most importantly, if I could go back in tme and talk to myself about college, I would say to not stress so much about the application process! I took AP classes, studied for the ACT and SAT and made sure I turned in my apps super early. Looking back now, I realize that whatever decisions I felt like I could have or should have made, what classes or activities I should have done or been more active in, I ended up in the right place. High school students are pressured so much these days by counselors, teachers, parents, friends etc. to "choose the right school" because that will be your whole future. It doesn't matter what school one ends up at, what matters is how well you do when you get there. If one is a good student, focused organzed and did well in high school, one will be a good college student too. Menlo College was not my first choice and I ended up here by a twist of fate. It has worked out well for me and the "everything happens for a reason" mentality rang true in my situation and it will for others too.

This school is not for someone who enjoys larger class sizes, more school spirit/activities or wants to join a sorority or fraternity. It is probably not the best choice for someone who is totally unsure of what they want to do because Menlo does not offer a huge variety of majors. A

Menlo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.